shakedog

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
You don’t want to know
I can’t believe my luck! This is damn near the exact color I’ve been wanting. If they do this color for the body too, I’ll get it. I want a fun color. The 2020 370z colors aren’t working for me.

Talisman39

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Fusion
An old family friend had an original 240z that I loved at the time, it was metallic blue on the outside and I think had blue on the interior too, though I could be misremembering. So I like this throwback!
Unrelated to the blue, am glad to see how the screen is well integrated in, not sticking up into your view of the road, and physical controls for heater and (I'm guessing) volume.

DrivingEnthusiast

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Focus RS, S2000, Infiniti Q50S Red Sport 400
Occupation
computer geek
I still don't get that dashboard..... the entire upper part of the dash is a shiny and hard plastic piece, and it doesn't at all fit well with the lower half. The pic of the dash of the silver car really shows this issue, as does the blue interior car. This is IMHO a temporary piece in the absense of a final soft-touch plastic foam piece. I've seen this in a lot of cars at this stage of their development.
These cars shouldn't be labeled "production", as some have, when they are clearly still prototypes. They likely were hand-built in very small quantity. But when soon we see them out testing on the roads, then we know that they are being built in quantity (usually around 50) as "verification" prototypes, even possibly built on the production assembly lines since they are so little different than the Q50/60 (same platform, same build process, nearly the same wiring harness, etc).

bad fit dash.jpg

Talisman39

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Fusion
I still don't get that dashboard..... the entire upper part of the dash is a shiny and hard plastic piece, and it doesn't at all fit well with the lower half. The pic of the dash of the silver car really shows this issue, as does the blue interior car. This is IMHO a temporary piece in the absense of a final soft-touch plastic foam piece. I've seen this in a lot of cars at this stage of their development.
These cars shouldn't be labeled "production", as some have, when they are clearly still prototypes. They likely were hand-built in very small quantity. But when soon we see them out testing on the roads, then we know that they are being built in quantity (usually around 50) as "verification" prototypes, even possibly built on the production assembly lines since they are so little different than the Q50/60 (same platform, same build process, nearly the same wiring harness, etc).

bad fit dash.jpg
Yeah it's either not been textured (last process of the mold making) or will get covered by a soft touch material. Given the large gaps and the traction control button is on an island that's standing proud of the surface I'm betting there's a whole other piece getting fit over it that's a few mm thick

2017370ZBlack

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370Z 6MT & 2015 Xterra Pro-4X
Yes, it's missing the top soft touch material covering. Look at how much the tweeter grill is above the dash. These cars are pre-production runs to get the assembly line set up for production, where fitment and issues are worked out.

I would love to see the Z offered in the light blue color that was available in the early years of the 300ZX. l'm not holding my breath though!

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
The blue interior was a factory color for the 240Z. My brother still has his with that same interior color.

GOTTHEFUZZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Kia K5, 2021Kia forte GT, 2012 Mustang 5.0
Occupation
CNC machinist in the military Aerospace industry

bad fit dash.jpg
I made a post about this in the Z35 Facebook page and got an interesting "what it" the dash could have the cars final name on it, which Nissan is keen on not revealing for some reason and that's why they have been shipping out these pre-pro cars without their dashs.

It kinda makes sense in a simple way, but the 350/370z didn't have an embroidered name on the dash.