New Z35 rumors - coming 2016, before Q60 debut, with more than 400 HP

MillerP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mazda 3
From FPenvy on another forum:

Hello everyone.

I know that over the past few months we have speculated, talked about, and argued over many rumors and leaked details over the very secretive new Z.

only details we have had to go on so far is some possibilities tossed in interviews from Nissan execs and the details of the 2016 Q60 that was shown. the details of that debut has given us all renewed hope and dreams of the next Z will/can offer.

now for the fun stuff:

last night I stopped by the Pittsburgh auto show for it's last night of the event. very nice to go last day since the crowd was very small and made it easy to navigate. and yes I know this isn't a bug name auto show and what could possibly come from it but you'd be surprised as to what you can hear from reps at these shows as well. I learned this last night first hand.

stopped at the infiniti area and was looking around. I made a comment as to why they didn't have a Q60 there mostly joking since again this isn't one of the top tier locations for auto makers and shows. the rep I was with went on to tell me they actually had one coming but due to the winter storms their truck hauling a few vehicles could not make it.

he then went on to tell me (off the record of course) that the Q80 is pretty much shelved for now and if anything it'll be a loooooooong shot 2017/18 idea.....if anything at all. I guess cutting into the GT-R market is still a big no no.

he also said that due to design stuff and some other issues we will be seeing a Z prior to the Q60 launch. so I would take from that comment that the Q60 is delayed at least a year now as well. also mentioned that the Z update has a chance of early 2016 release but most likely will be a fall 2016 if all goes according to plan.

the Z will most likely be TT since he smirked and asked "do you think you're ready for over 400 horsepower?"

I would assume with the few big car shows coming up we should be getting some new solid info on the Z very soon.

note: this was all just discussion between a rep. so please if anything doesn't end up being true remember I never said this is guaranteed. i'm just helping out the community with sharing info that was told to me. if not true then I am sorry and will be just as sad as the rest of you.

MisterNismo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Totaled 370Z
Man the rumors on this car are all over the map! Some of the other articles here have said that the Z will be getting a smaller less powerful engine to go along with its lighter and smaller body. And this rumor now says it's getting 'over 400 horsepower'?? :eek:

MeisterZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Burnt Orange 350Z 6spd
> 400hp sounds awesome and all but it's nearly the third month of 2015 already and we haven't seen a single mule or prototype. Very much doubt the Z35 is coming in 2016. And how many auto show reps have you seen talk about a future product and actually get it right? You see auto show rep 'rumors' posted all over forums but they're nearly always talking from where the sun don't shine. :rolleyes:

FLex

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
VW Golf R
> 400hp sounds awesome and all but it's nearly the third month of 2015 already and we haven't seen a single mule or prototype. Very much doubt the Z35 is coming in 2016. And how many auto show reps have you seen talk about a future product and actually get it right? You see auto show rep 'rumors' posted all over forums but they're nearly always talking from where the sun don't shine. :rolleyes:
Agreed. They've already shown a Q60 concept and no Z35 concept nor news. In fact, they just showed a Nismo 370Z convertible concept instead. So that'd be highly surprising if the Z35 somehow came to market before the Q60.

ToTheMax

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2003 350Z
Hey at least there's a new rumor about the car. It was getting pretty dead here for a while :)

Cramer

Threads
Reaction score
Hey at least there's a new rumor about the car. It was getting pretty dead here for a while :)
...and it's dead again on the news front :)

Oh well I still like this rumor the best. Still hoping for over 400HP twin turbo!

Seong

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 CBR600

Oh well I still like this rumor the best. Still hoping for over 400HP twin turbo!
Over 400hp is very ambitious, that's more than 50 horses above the current 370Z Nismo. If they can drop the weight it won't need that much.

FPenvy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)
2009 370Z S/T/N 7AT - 2015 GT-R BE
Hey good to see the OP here. Thanks for sharing your info btw.
good to be here. randomly had the idea of "I wonder if anyone has a Z35 forum up yet?" which is odd since I should have thought of it a long time ago lol

first one I found I looked in and saw my own post from the370z forum. i'm happy that my info can be shared to more people thank for sharing it.

FPenvy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)

news is dead for now which does suck. however I feel that Nissan will save any and all info for the Tokyo auto show in December. I am holding out some hope that we may get some Z or Q60 info released at either the NY show next week or the LA auto show in November. the 370Z was debuted at the LA auto show back in 08 so there's always hope for that again I guess.

Over 400hp is very ambitious, that's more than 50 horses above the current 370Z Nismo. If they can drop the weight it won't need that much.
considering the new power plant they keep discussing and pretty much confirmed for the Q60 is a 400HP TT V6 then you will most likely see that in the Z. the G37 came out in 2008 with the 3.& 330HP V6 that one year later went into the Z34. i'm very excited (if true) to have a stock engine that's boosted. no more issues with boosting an NA engine like we have now with the Z34. so much opportunity with how much power can be gained with minor breathers and tune.

Cramer

Threads
Reaction score
first one I found I looked in and saw my own post from the370z forum. i'm happy that my info can be shared to more people thank for sharing it.
Thanks for thinking to even ask the questions in the first place. And welcome to the group of early settlers here :)

considering the new power plant they keep discussing and pretty much confirmed for the Q60 is a 400HP TT V6 then you will most likely see that in the Z. the G37 came out in 2008 with the 3.& 330HP V6 that one year later went into the Z34. i'm very excited (if true) to have a stock engine that's boosted. no more issues with boosting an NA engine like we have now with the Z34. so much opportunity with how much power can be gained with minor breathers and tune.
x2

400+ HP is definitely possible now that they released specs on the Q60 engine. But you think the Z coming before the Q60 and as early as next year? Only reason I'm skeptical about that is 1) they already showed the Q60 concept so it should theoretically be more advanced in time than the Z35 and 2) we have yet to see a Z35 prototype and we're 1/4 of the way through 2015 already.

FPenvy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)
Thanks for thinking to even ask the questions in the first place. And welcome to the group of early settlers here :)

x2

400+ HP is definitely possible now that they released specs on the Q60 engine. But you think the Z coming before the Q60 and as early as next year? Only reason I'm skeptical about that is 1) they already showed the Q60 concept so it should theoretically be more advanced in time than the Z35 and 2) we have yet to see a Z35 prototype and we're 1/4 of the way through 2015 already.
thanks for having me. hopefully this is the forum that sticks once the next Z comes around. may have to go sign up for the others too just in case lol

but yea I wanted to believe the Z would be soon but now getting to april with no news hurts. honestly when he said that there were issues with the Q60 chassis and whatnot i was hoping it wasn't related to the Z. knowing how cars makers do things it's probably pretty damn similar so it could be across the board with a design flaw/issue.

the nail in the coffin is the Canadian dealers specs that someone found recently. they got order sheets in for 2016 and it's still showing the Z34. so if that was true (i don't think Canada runs different MYs than the US) it looks like a 2017 being our best bet.

afflicted

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 fr-s
It seems like the leading Z35 forum so far, I hope both car and forum do really well once it is out.

That sucks to hear about the '16 order sheets still showing Z34 but I guess the pessimist in me didn't expect this until 17 anyhow. I'm still circling the Tokyo auto show on my calendar for when we see a concept. I *hope* we see some mules running around before then so we get some news.

-=Godzilla=-

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GT-R
the nail in the coffin is the Canadian dealers specs that someone found recently. they got order sheets in for 2016 and it's still showing the Z34. so if that was true (i don't think Canada runs different MYs than the US) it looks like a 2017 being our best bet.
No shock there. I'd be more surprised if I saw it on the 2016 sheet since if it was going to appear next year there would have been more buzz, rumors, photos, etc. about the car in general. My bet is on 2017 too. No 2016 Tokyo auto show to reveal it at though, wonder what show it would get its reveal then.