Sponsored

New version of the Nismo exhaust?

rorikjal

Member
Joined
Sep 14, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
11
Reaction score
1
Location
canberra
Car(s)
nissan z
HKS Super Turbo Nismo Edition is mega yes it’s expensive but so good, no bullshit drone, doesn’t wake up the entire neighbourhood, makes the right sounds when you want it to, solid build quality.
Thanks for this information. It seems HKS along with most other japanese exhausts voluntarily comply with JASMA noise guidelines. This is the only thing that bothers me as i dont want to spend good amount of cash on an exhaust and then barely be able to tell the difference from stock.

Would you say this is a significant improvement over stock MT exhaust?
 

Osage

Well-Known Member
First Name
Wade
Joined
Aug 1, 2026
Threads
11
Messages
89
Reaction score
118
Location
Austin
Car(s)
2027 Z Nismo MT, 2026 Pathfinder Rock Creek
Thanks for posting the sound clip. Would you say the fitment was good and no issues during install or after? Would you consider the quality to be good?

In another thread someone said AWE had fitment issues which is why i have crossed AWE off the list
I didn’t personally install it, but the shop said it fit like a glove. You’d expect that kind of thing with Magnaflow, so I’m sure it’s an ideal fitment.
 

Crownleyian

Well-Known Member
First Name
Nelson
Joined
May 15, 2023
Threads
5
Messages
103
Reaction score
115
Location
Australia
Car(s)
Nissan Z Nismo + GR Yaris Rallye (now the Wife's car)
Occupation
I.T.
Thanks for this information. It seems HKS along with most other japanese exhausts voluntarily comply with JASMA noise guidelines. This is the only thing that bothers me as i dont want to spend good amount of cash on an exhaust and then barely be able to tell the difference from stock.

Would you say this is a significant improvement over stock MT exhaust?
Hi Mate, yes it's significantly louder than stock by a fair margin, inside the cabin you now hear this nice deep rumble trombonish sound, it's not obnoxious loud and might be too low for some though, for me it's just fine, basically it's exactly what you hear in HKS's video:

 

Osage

Well-Known Member
First Name
Wade
Joined
Aug 1, 2026
Threads
11
Messages
89
Reaction score
118
Location
Austin
Car(s)
2027 Z Nismo MT, 2026 Pathfinder Rock Creek
It sounds good. The Speq is probably 95 db by comparison. And I would guess the XMOD is probably 100 db.
 

Osage

Well-Known Member
First Name
Wade
Joined
Aug 1, 2026
Threads
11
Messages
89
Reaction score
118
Location
Austin
Car(s)
2027 Z Nismo MT, 2026 Pathfinder Rock Creek
Not offhand, but my guess is that the track version would be near the 100-105db mark, and street will be at or just below 90db. Short of dropping the stock downpipes, I don't think you will get a ton of volume out of any system--the platform just isn't that loud.

As an aside, my local shop had an Alfa Romeo Giulia with the GTam conversion and exhaust system. Holy hell, that Ferrari motor was so loud you couldn't even hold a conversation. It had to be 140db.
 

KrackaC8

Well-Known Member
First Name
Christopher
Joined
Nov 23, 2025
Threads
9
Messages
1,371
Reaction score
1,984
Location
Sioux City, IA
Car(s)
2023 Z Performance, 2024 Grand Cherokee, 2023 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Commodities
Sorry just curious, you say it is a deal breaker because you would have preferred the NISMO name? I am just curious because i am considering the borla atak.
I was mainly just referring to not having any interest in putting dual 2.25" aftermarket exhaust on the car. It would be fine for an otherwise stock car that doesn't plan on getting tuned or installing aftermarket downpipes.

Borla uses dual 2.5" on their other systems which is a much better fit for the platform.
 

zeroptzero

Well-Known Member
First Name
Joey
Joined
Sep 7, 2026
Threads
14
Messages
211
Reaction score
167
Location
Ontario
Car(s)
26 Z
I really like the 26 NISMO exhaust , it is basically just a couple of resonated straight pipes with a helmholtz resonator in between where a muffler usually sits. The sound is perfect. I also think the one member who put the NISMO rear section on the Performance mid-pipe sounded like a great mod. I don't know about the piping size but the design is pretty cool.
 

KrackaC8

Well-Known Member
First Name
Christopher
Joined
Nov 23, 2025
Threads
9
Messages
1,371
Reaction score
1,984
Location
Sioux City, IA
Car(s)
2023 Z Performance, 2024 Grand Cherokee, 2023 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Commodities
I really like the 26 NISMO exhaust , it is basically just a couple of resonated straight pipes with a helmholtz resonator in between where a muffler usually sits. The sound is perfect. I also think the one member who put the NISMO rear section on the Performance mid-pipe sounded like a great mod. I don't know about the piping size but the design is pretty cool.
The Nismo trim has the same exhaust as the other trims (varies only by transmission), it is not the same as the aftermarket Nismo offerings.

The one you're referring to is the automatic transmission exhaust. Stock piping diameter is 1.75".
 

KyleWI

Well-Known Member
First Name
Kyle
Joined
Aug 20, 2025
Threads
0
Messages
82
Reaction score
79
Location
Wisconsin
Car(s)
27 Z NISMO
Occupation
Engineer
Sorry just curious, you say it is a deal breaker because you would have preferred the NISMO name? I am just curious because i am considering the borla atak.
I have the Borla ATAK, and I love it. Absolutely great for track driving, I can actually hear the exhaust, where my brain can process shift points while wearing helmet, amongst other cars.
 
OP
OP

aurora rz34

Active Member
First Name
Brock
Joined
Aug 19, 2026
Threads
3
Messages
32
Reaction score
11
Location
Pennsylvania
Car(s)
2026 nisaan z heritage edtion
You will not regret it. And it looks amazing. Zero drone. Pops and burbles on throttle release. I don’t know why there isn’t more information about it online.

A car guy at my local shop recommended it over the Nismo or AWE (which I was going to get). He said Magnaflow makes 6 cylinder motors sound great with deep tone. I trusted him and cancelled my AWE track order because the drone is apparently not ideal. I think the Nismo track has the same issues, and if you want deeper tone you will love Magnaflow over the Nismo touring offering.
Quick question when you say pops and burbles is your car tuned or stock and do you have factory down pipes or aftermarket?
 

rorikjal

Member
Joined
Sep 14, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
11
Reaction score
1
Location
canberra
Car(s)
nissan z
I have the Borla ATAK, and I love it. Absolutely great for track driving, I can actually hear the exhaust, where my brain can process shift points while wearing helmet, amongst other cars.
thats great to hear. How was the fitment of the borla ATAK? Was it good in your opinion? Also, do you think it is loud enough to require ear plugs during normal street driving? Thanks for your time
 

KyleWI

Well-Known Member
First Name
Kyle
Joined
Aug 20, 2025
Threads
0
Messages
82
Reaction score
79
Location
Wisconsin
Car(s)
27 Z NISMO
Occupation
Engineer
thats great to hear. How was the fitment of the borla ATAK? Was it good in your opinion? Also, do you think it is loud enough to require ear plugs during normal street driving? Thanks for your time
Borla ATAK fits flawlessly installed correctly, you need to ensure you get the pipes slid in completely. If you don't, it will potentially rattle against the W brace.

It's not that loud, honestly. I have stock downpipes, so that's probably a contributing factor, but there's only been one time I've had an annoying frequency in the cabin while driving. I haven't since recreated that issue. About 4000 miles of experience with it.
 

KrackaC8

Well-Known Member
First Name
Christopher
Joined
Nov 23, 2025
Threads
9
Messages
1,371
Reaction score
1,984
Location
Sioux City, IA
Car(s)
2023 Z Performance, 2024 Grand Cherokee, 2023 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Commodities
You're not going to beat Borla or Magnaflow quality or fitment. They're the best in the business. Corsa is up there with them too, but they don't make an exhaust for the Z.
 
 






Top