Proto Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi SQ7
Very happy with new MCA coilovers in my Z.
Cornering tips in much quicker now, and I can really feel the limit of the stock rubber (soon to be gone).
Straight line acceleration is much more compliant too - doesn't feel like to squats on it's rear haunches before bolting.

Everyday driving is a little firmer, but only very marginally. Lowered a little, and it's actually too low for everyday driving- front lip wants to catch on everything. The aircups are installed in the front, but haven't hooked the compressor and switch up yet. Should have them running within a week or two.

Can't speak highly enough of the team at MCA - spent solid time with me getting to understand my feelings on the stock car, and what I'd like to get out of it. Quality of their

Car is mine, but all pics were taken by MCA. Check out the FB page for more.

https://www.facebook.com/mcasuspension

1668757332811.png
1668757356808.png
1668757370946.png
1668757413114.png

1668757381140.png

Blackbeard

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra
Occupation
Mechanic
lol i love these wheels i just dont want to pay for them lol or wait for them to show up

JonnyG

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 M6 HellCat - 2023 Z on Order M6 Blue/Blue Gut
Very happy with new MCA coilovers in my Z.
Cornering tips in much quicker now, and I can really feel the limit of the stock rubber (soon to be gone).
Straight line acceleration is much more compliant too - doesn't feel like to squats on it's rear haunches before bolting.

Everyday driving is a little firmer, but only very marginally. Lowered a little, and it's actually too low for everyday driving- front lip wants to catch on everything. The aircups are installed in the front, but haven't hooked the compressor and switch up yet. Should have them running within a week or two.

Can't speak highly enough of the team at MCA - spent solid time with me getting to understand my feelings on the stock car, and what I'd like to get out of it. Quality of their

Car is mine, but all pics were taken by MCA. Check out the FB page for more.

https://www.facebook.com/mcasuspension

1668757332811.png
1668757356808.png
1668757370946.png
1668757413114.png

1668757381140.png
Thanks for the info - much appreciated. LOVE those rims, can you give specs on those.

JonnyG

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A couple of more questions - the air cups are for only raising the car for obstacles - correct?
Where are you mounting the compressor
Thanks

OP
OP
Proto Z

Proto Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi SQ7
A couple of more questions - the air cups are for only raising the car for obstacles - correct?
Where are you mounting the compressor
Thanks
Yep the cups are really just for clearing gutters. Car was bad enough at stock height, but with a 1" drop it scraped everything. Back was fine, just the front was an issue.

I only put cups on the front- would have taken a relatively decent amount of fabrication to get then in the back, which I wasn't prepared to do.
Only having the two cups means I don't need a tank too- great for storage and weight, though in hindsight I'm tempted to get a tank anyway, spray it yellow/black and make it a feature.
The compressor sits below floor mat in boot with zero issues. Fucking loud inside cabin though, but only lasts 2-3 seconds, so it is what it is. Don't think it can really be heard outside the car, and it's significantly quieter than me scraping the fuck out of the front lip :-D
I'll get some pics for yas.
Tried to wire it to the window lock button in the door, which is a completely pointless switch in a coupe IMHO... But wiring loom was a bit of a nightmare. Ended up putting switch in the fobgina blank.

I need to add some sound deadening to the area around compressor, and might also cut down original foam (removed) to fill in that space.

Bonus pic of MCA extenders in the rear.

PXL_20230115_041445040.MP.jpg

PXL_20230115_041515192.MP.jpg

PXL_20230115_041520900.MP.jpg

PXL_20230115_041553087.MP.jpg

Last edited:

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Good review on the MCAs. So, besides the collar adjustments, both front and rear are additionally height adjustable via the air springs? Rear looks VERY low on that rack.

BTW, like they say 'Nice cups!!' ;)

JonnyG

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yep the cups are really just for clearing gutters. Car was bad enough at stock height, but with a 1" drop it scraped everything. Back was fine, just the front was an issue.

I only put cups on the front- would have taken a relatively decent amount of fabrication to get then in the back, which I wasn't prepared to do.
Only having the two cups means I don't need a tank too- great for storage and weight, though in hindsight I'm tempted to get a tank anyway, spray it yellow/black and make it a feature.
The compressor sits below floor mat in boot with zero issues. Fucking loud inside cabin though, but only lasts 2-3 seconds, so it is what it is. Don't think it can really be heard outside the car, and it's significantly quieter than me scraping the fuck out of the front lip :-D
I'll get some pics for yas.
Tried to wire it to the window lock button in the door, which is a completely pointless switch in a coupe IMHO... But wiring loom was a bit of a nightmare. Ended up putting switch in the fobgina blank.

I need to add some sound deadening to the area around compressor, and might also cut down original foam (removed) to fill in that space.

Bonus pic of MCA extenders in the rear.

PXL_20230115_041445040.MP.jpg

PXL_20230115_041515192.MP.jpg

PXL_20230115_041520900.MP.jpg

PXL_20230115_041553087.MP.jpg
Great spot for compressor and nice that the tank isn't needed. Clean install, keep us updated on the MCA's - looks like that's what I will do. Looked at MCA's fittment guide - I am assuming they fit on the Z with no modifications needed. I think I will go with the Pro Sport - just hope it's not too hard. Suprised that the car dragged that bad with a 1" drop.

Thanks again my brother and good luck with everything - enjoy and be safe

cainen

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FiestaST, TX3 Turbo, Tiguan R-Line, Proto Z
How are the MCAs going after a couple of months @Proto Z? Starting to think about coilovers and MCAs are one of the few off the shelf available at the moment here.

OP
OP
Proto Z

Proto Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi SQ7
How are the MCAs going after a couple of months @Proto Z? Starting to think about coilovers and MCAs are one of the few off the shelf available at the moment here.
Honestly man I love them.
You definitely, DEFINITELY want air cups if you are going to lower it. If I don't, it catches the front lip on just about everything...

I've played with the firmness (is that the right word?) a few times, and the adjustment can make a world of difference to the handling in certain situations.
At it's softest setting it's pretty much the same as stock, but still much more compliant. It just does what you ask it to do.

I can feel that the rubber starts to let go before the chassis does. I'll eventually change it out, but the shitty bridgestones are actually OK if you just want to have fun.

I also got the front sway bar upgraded - did this after the suspension, and I think I'd encourage people to do suspension first. It's diffenitely stiffer now, but not sure that it's necessarily needed. Especially if you aren't tracking it.

Keep in mind too, MCA not only do Reds and Golds (for full race adjustment) but they have more cost effective offerings and even heavy camber/stance options if you just want it to look mean.
If you are all interested, just give the guys at MCA a call - they're super chill and helpful. I'm sure they can help you find the perfect setup. I can always drop mine up to them too if you want to test extreme stance (etc).

cainen

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FiestaST, TX3 Turbo, Tiguan R-Line, Proto Z
Thanks mate, sounds great. Definitely looking into the Reds or Pro-sports. I'd almost definitely need aircups for my driveway I think.

Mud

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 370Z, 2023 Z
Really what I should do is get another person to make some comments on it.
@Mud next C&C maybe you can take mine out for a quick spin and see what difference you think all these little tweaks have made?
Sounds like a good idea.
Would love to.