My 7 day / 500 mi review + launch control tutorial

Drseckzytime

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stuff
$53.6K with factory add-ons? Also $400 for floor mats…you got to be F’n kidding me.

-RJM
Lol I know. It's incredible how Nissan screwed up. It doesn't have the tech, the performance, and the finish to come even close to that mark.

A shame they let down the design team so hard. The car is gorgeous. Everything else was "where can we cheap out, and where can we overcharge?"

2017370ZBlack

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370Z 6MT & 2015 Xterra Pro-4X
Porsche charges $5000 for a stereo upgrade on a car that is over $200K. Quit complaining. The Z is NOT an economy car made in Mexico. It requires premium gas which is going to be over $6 a gallon soon. Welcome to 2022 and the Biden economy.

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
Porsche charges $5000 for a stereo upgrade on a car that is over $200K. Quit complaining. The Z is NOT an economy car made in Mexico. It requires premium gas which is going to be over $6 a gallon soon. Welcome to 2022 and the Biden economy.
This isn't a GT3. It's a Z.

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Occupation
Litigator
Regardless of how you feel about its pricing, I think we can all agree that the one area Nissan really dropped the ball was with the tire choice.
What does for $50k?
Feast your eyes (or gouge them out, your call)

RicerX

First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Titan Pro4X
Camaro SS 1LE
I personally dislike the Camaro. I'm not alone - every other pony car outsells them.

And with respect to the criteria of tech, performance, and finish? What kind of tech does the Z lack that the Camaro has? And finish? I haven't seen a single GM interior that I've liked, especially not after 50,000 miles.

All that said - I also recognize the value in that package and it's a hell of a performance car. As far as it versus the Z, we haven't seen a full on track battle between the two cars, so we don't know how either one stacks up against the other. Let's get Randy Pobst to do hot laps at Laguna Seca with the Supra, Z, Mustang Mach 1, and Camaro SS 1LE. Why not?

However - DrSillyTime has posted at least once per thread in every freaking thread on this board about pricing (even on threads not even talking about pricing) and has yet to offer a single alternative.

Either he's put his order in for his SS and can move on with his life or he's hoping that spamming the board with the same thing with nothing else constructive to offer will get Nissan to drop the price.

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
I personally don't really like the Camaro (I do like the newest style at least) but THAT is what I consider to be correctly priced for what it is (maybe even a bit low for what you get, but I wouldn't complain about that). You can get a mean Mustang GT at that price as well (lots of factory upgrades/options before hitting that ~$50k mark).

RicerX

First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Titan Pro4X
$53.6K with factory add-ons? Also $400 for floor mats…you got to be F’n kidding me.

-RJM
So I would like to clarify that, while I have staunchly defended the pricing structure of this car (while desiring an "Enthusiast" or "Track" trim that resides between the Sport and Performance trims), that Nissan can promptly EAD on some $400 floor mats for a two seat car.