Nissan Z Concept To Debut This Fall! 500+ HP Hybrid Z May Be In The Works

chubbs

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Grey 2016 370z
...Sucks the Z may go completely digital killing what makes the Z so special. The Z34 is the last analog car standing. Amazing car...
You're absolutely right. You've made me realise why I couldn't live with the M235i and sold it after 3 months - it felt more like driving a computer game than driving a car. That's exactly why I came back to the 'analogue' Z. Thanks for making me see it.

Fubar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 Subaru BRZ
Yea probably unavoidable for it to go all digital. Totally agree with the above, BMW has lots its way, I tested out the new M3/M4 last year and it felt disconnected like a video game. I could drive it in my sleep and thats not a complement. At the least the next Z better offer a manual.

Fubar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 Subaru BRZ
Question to the Z veterans on this board, does Nissan have a history of a big lag time from concept to production version (like Toyota with the 86)?

UnknownZ35

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z34 sport/altima S
Question to the Z veterans on this board, does Nissan have a history of a big lag time from concept to production version (like Toyota with the 86)?
No they don't. At least not with the Z. Concept to production. About 6 to 9 months.

FPenvy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)
2009 370Z S/T/N 7AT - 2015 GT-R BE
No they don't. At least not with the Z. Concept to production. About 6 to 9 months.

I feel like this may not be a long wait. Well honestly it's a personal longing for a new Z that could be tainting my logic here this time. However with the current state of the market and options available I just don't see another year until one would arrive in a showroom is smart. Half the tech is probably on the edge of outdated as most Nissan stuff is when it realeases and there's currently many other options available. Nissan needs to drop the Z asap because look at the 370 forums and how much the want for one disappeared based on no new info but yet all the new toys in the Infiniti line.

Also, it is semi falling in line with previous model launch. G37 dropped and 1 year later the 370Z released. Technically if that is true possibly a summer 2018 release?

Willwin2day

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW 135is
I hope the Z35 concept is as close to the production model as the 2001 Z concept. They barely changed a thing on that concept! What I hate seeing is some stunning concept that will obviously not get produced in that form. All that does is set everyone up for disappointment when a lame production model drops.

2001 Concept Z at its Detroit auto show debut:

2001_nissan_z_concept_100003772_m-1.jpg

Fubar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 Subaru BRZ
I feel like this may not be a long wait. Well honestly it's a personal longing for a new Z that could be tainting my logic here this time. However with the current state of the market and options available I just don't see another year until one would arrive in a showroom is smart. Half the tech is probably on the edge of outdated as most Nissan stuff is when it realeases and there's currently many other options available. Nissan needs to drop the Z asap because look at the 370 forums and how much the want for one disappeared based on no new info but yet all the new toys in the Infiniti line.

Also, it is semi falling in line with previous model launch. G37 dropped and 1 year later the 370Z released. Technically if that is true possibly a summer 2018 release?
I hope you guys are right. I was beginning to think it was 2-3 years out but summer 2018 i can definitely wait for. I'm just glad the concept will be out this year, if it looks good ill hold off on my next car purchase until we see the production Z.

sra4ly

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
"The Z will also adopt an edgier styling language, including a gaping front end that takes cues from the latest GT-R facelift, and will ride on a shorter wheelbase courtesy of the Infiniti Q60’s FR-L platform."

I was hoping the next Z would be more of a modern 240z and pick up where the 240Z concept left off but it sounds like they will be going the way of the "corporate face" approach every car has these days.

Btw I havent been on in a while but good to see this forum is busy now that we know the next Z is coming!

I Love Pho

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 BRZ
I agree. Nissan didn't f*&k around when the Z33 concept was unveiled. It also looked quite similar to the production model we received.
Nice hope they stick to to similar timing again for new Z.

Worst they can do is drag it out like Toyota with the new Supra. First Supra concept in Jan 2014 and a second concept coming at Tokyo show in Oct, almost 4 years between concepts. Even if they manage to make the production car by Summer 2018 that's 4.5 years between concept and production!

Ranma

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Rusty old Mitsu
Tokyo is going to be awesome with both the Z and Supra concepts already confirmed. Anyone here going?? So wish I could...

sun tzu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Mustang GT
Nice hope they stick to to similar timing again for new Z.

Worst they can do is drag it out like Toyota with the new Supra. First Supra concept in Jan 2014 and a second concept coming at Tokyo show in Oct, almost 4 years between concepts. Even if they manage to make the production car by Summer 2018 that's 4.5 years between concept and production!
Technically there has been no Supra concept. The FT-1 was a company wide sports vehicle concept not specific to any vehicle and the long delay is probably why they didn't want to it call it Supra. I'm sure the actual concept in Tokyo will borrow heavily from it.

The Z is NOT going to take anywhere close to that long to debut after the concept drops. I give it 1-1.5 years tops.

280driver

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1975 280Z 5-speed, 2020 Toyota Sequoia TRD Pro
I'm not loving that illustration. Reminds me too much of the Honda CRZ.

FPenvy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)
2009 370Z S/T/N 7AT - 2015 GT-R BE
Trust me no one likes it.

Posted the link on fb in a few groups and everyone focused on that rendering pic more than the site lol