Media Review event for the 2024 Nissan Z NISMO

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z / Civic hatch sport
Probably for comparison purposes with the Nismo.
Weird they all drove them and everyone would just be riding the nismo anyways. Hopefully some driving dynamics changed for the 2024 (transmission tune im hoping)

Kbl911

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370Z
Occupation
Wealth Management
you talking about the spanish post? yeah that was just some BS as it also says starting price was 58K

im thinking the NISMO will be 0-60 4.0-4.1 and want to be wrong and see it hit that 3.9 bench mark. the extra weight wont help but the 285 dunlops and a revised LC could play a bigger role
I hope that it does post quicker times than the Performance - which already runs in the 4.1 second range assuming one can cleanly launch it - but that weigh gain may be a factor. The tires, suspension settings, and transmission programming could help it get into the 3.8 range. That would look respectable.

OP
OP
MCN1SMO

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Z NISMO & #1 GTR NISMO
I hope that it does post quicker times than the Performance - which already runs in the 4.1 second range assuming one can cleanly launch it - but that weigh gain may be a factor. The tires, suspension settings, and transmission programming could help it get into the 3.8 range. That would look respectable.

yeah ive seen a handful of reviews put the performance at 4.1 but real world im seeing more like 4.3-4.4 so im saying its gonna be 2 tenths better than the performance. so you might get a perfect 3.9 and that will be good news and be a talking point for the NISMO

Kbl911

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370Z
Occupation
Wealth Management
yeah ive seen a handful of reviews put the performance at 4.1 but real world im seeing more like 4.3-4.4 so im saying its gonna be 2 tenths better than the performance. so you might get a perfect 3.9 and that will be good news and be a talking point for the NISMO
I concur, Dr. In fact, I think that highly-repeatable 3.9 and low-12 second 1/4 mile times would be huge wins for the NISMO. Something that nearly everyone is able to replicate with a reasonable degree of ease. That's partially what has set the new Supra apart from the Z (among other things, I guess): it's not too difficult to access its straight-line potential. Most testers can replicate sub-4 second runs after a little practice.

NISMO needs this to be the case.

DrivingEnthusiast

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Focus RS, S2000, Infiniti Q50S Red Sport 400
Occupation
computer geek
Notice that the specs released to the press today says the front calipers are only 4-piston. What happened to 6? Yes, the rotors are slightly larger.
And the calipers are larger on the press cars we saw. Press dept. is pretty poor... I expected a lot more detail on the differences - for example what do the braces look like? What are the differences in the bushings? These are some of the things mentioned at the launch and not heard of again.
IMHO... For the money.... Nismo versus competition.. well we have to take what was offered. But I feel that all this Nismo work should be standard on the Perf. model to be competitive.

Last edited: