First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
The new Z is still basically a Z34 underneath plus NO adaptive suspension. It's kinda pointless to hope for it to handle like any lighter sports cars, e.g. Miata, Cayman, BRZ. The added hp will make this 'beast' even more unmanageable (oversteer!) or best case tuned for closer to neutral handling, that will be tough. Overall feel will be close to the Z34 I bet. Upgrading to 305s at rear may be in the works to tame it down.

Andaesthetics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Nissan 370Z Sport Touring
Screen Shot 2022-01-18 at 6.09.38 pm.png

Interesting that the Protos on display at TAS also have the non sport grade muffler.
I believe Japan has stricter emissions laws (even some of the strictest in the world) so they likely have a different exhaust setup. I know a lot of sports cars and super cars in other countries have stricter exhausts than their North American counter parts these days.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I believe Japan has stricter emissions laws (even some of the strictest in the world) so they likely have a different exhaust setup. I know a lot of sports cars and super cars in other countries have stricter exhausts than their North American counter parts these days.
that seems like it makes sense, but if this exhaust meets lower emissions why wouldn’t they do it for the UK market rather than not sell them there?

Andaesthetics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Nissan 370Z Sport Touring
that seems like it makes sense, but if this exhaust meets lower emissions why wouldn’t they do it for the UK market rather than not sell them there?
Mainly because the 370Z just didn't sell well in the UK. That's the only reason I can see them not offering it there. But just as an example, the McLaren Senna (a UK manufactured car) has a completely different, more restrictive exhaust for the EU compared to the US production one, which is less restrictive and louder. Now this is an extreme supercar if not borderline hypercar, but the same applies for a lot of the lower level sports cars as well.

Top is US, bottom is EU.

1642525540668.png

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Software security
Here are some reference weights posted in our local Nissan Challenge series, minimum OEM weights with some allowances/point deductions

No idea where the new Z35 slots as we’re all waiting…..

1642531671624.jpeg

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
These are the Canadian specifications.

Sport MT curb weight = 1581kg
Sport AT curb weight = 1610kg

8" touchscreen for all trims.

Rosewood Metallic is absent.

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
What's going to add weight to the Performance trim? LSD, rear spoiler - electronics won't be significant. Wheels although larger are forged so that should be a wash? Some weight from more robust suspension components? I'd guess at worst the performance MT will weigh about the same as the Sport AT.

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N

RicerX

First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Titan Pro4X
Japan has stricter emissions and noise laws (their noise laws are VERY strict relative to US). The muffler design isn't going to affect emissions, but absolutely does affect noise. I believe it's the same case for Europe, which would explain the variance with the McLaren cars pictured above.

SS727Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SS
What's going to add weight to the Performance trim? LSD, rear spoiler - electronics won't be significant. Wheels although larger are forged so that should be a wash? Some weight from more robust suspension components? I'd guess at worst the performance MT will weigh about the same as the Sport AT.
Wider wheel/tire setup and bigger brakes mainly

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Software security
It's only a 51 lb diff MT vs MT, not much, most likely tires, LSD, and the misc interior added tech and comforts.

White_turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
None
It always seems weird to me with these trim nomenclature and what options are included.

As an example, if you call it a "Performance" trim, I would expect this is a trim with pure performance in mind. That means options with the lightest weight and the "right" configuration in mind. So a diff makes sense but putting a powered seat in a performance model is counterintuitive.