bpeckham

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z Performance 6MT Blue/Graphite
ahh still 1800 that I saw a while ago. my guess is 2023 production has ended then?
Well, after almost seven months, two new Zs have shown up at San Diego area dealers, and one of them is a 2023 with VIN JN1BZ4BH0PM311815, so now we've seen a more than 1800. I'll run the spreadsheet again tomorrow, and hope this is a national trend and not just a local aberration.

Last edited:

Georges1

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1972 Datsun 240Z
Occupation
Safety Engineer
Thanks. I have seen two more are coming to the Houston area. Funny, getting excited about getting 2 cars for the fourth largest city in the US. Still haven't seen red, except for a couple that came to the east coast and Canada.

Zplz

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Avalon
Thanks. I have seen two more are coming to the Houston area. Funny, getting excited about getting 2 cars for the fourth largest city in the US. Still haven't seen red, except for a couple that came to the east coast and Canada.
It’s sad the new Z is still In such short supply. Even sadder when getting a sports car in true red is next to impossible. :(

SS727Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SS
It’s getting so frustrating, every time one pops up in the southeast I reach out. 10k, 20k, 25k over MSRP. Will these ever be attainable?

OP
OP
bpeckham

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
gnemzs.jpg

Big bump this week. A good influx of Zs.

Updated with data collected on June 16th (compared to June 9th).

Using the zip codes in this V2 area covered map here's a spreadsheet that shows the inventory within the circles (more or less):

Inventory Spreadsheet

The number of cars in the area covered increased from 109 to 194 (+85 cars).
  • removed: 19
  • added: 104
  • highest serial number: 312105

Last edited:

Zplz

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Avalon
Yes, I had a dealer call me today about a Z that had just arrived. Unfortunately, it’s not in a color of interest.

TKAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2003 350Z
Yes, I had a dealer call me today about a Z that had just arrived. Unfortunately, it’s not in a color of interest.
My local dealer just called me a few minutes ago - same story.

Weirdly, though, he said it was a different color than the one I had seen (and still is) on the Nissan inventory page that is scheduled to arrive there in the next few days.

OP
OP
bpeckham

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
@Zplz and @Georges1, I think you are both looking for red, right? That seems to be a ghost car.

@TKAZ, maybe they did a dealer swap and Nissan's database doesn't know about it? I don't really know how that would work.

Vintage

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Rubicon
Good to see the influx of new Z's. Everyone benefits. I believe this will help alot of potential buyers final get their long awaited car. As long as the flow Z's keep coming, it will help most dealers to come off some crazy ADM. Win/Win

Zplz

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Avalon
@Zplz and @Georges1, I think you are both looking for red, right? That seems to be a ghost car.

@TKAZ, maybe they did a dealer swap and Nissan's database doesn't know about it? I don't really know how that would work.
Passion Red is my first choice but, yeah, it looks to be dead, at least for 2023. I hope this changes for 2024. It just boggles my mind there is no true red for a sports car. It’s like not being able to get a Camry in a neutral color. “Sorry, sir. The Camry is only available in hot, flaming red.”
:rolleyes:

Vintage

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Rubicon
It’s sad the new Z is still In such short supply. Even sadder when getting a sports car in true red is next to impossible. :(
Not sure if this Red Z is still available. But happen to see it on a search if anyone is interested. You might be able to negotiate the ADM down, Seems alittle high.
Screenshot_20230617_135331_Chrome.jpg

OP
OP
bpeckham

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not sure if this Red Z is still available. But happen to see it on a search if anyone is interested. You might be able to negotiate the ADM down, Seems alittle high.
Screenshot_20230617_135331_Chrome.jpg
Used with 9 miles? Must have been purchased to flip.

Georges1

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1972 Datsun 240Z
Occupation
Safety Engineer
Thx. It’s in Connecticut but worth a try & is still on their website. There was one for sale in the Northeast awhile back. I agree, it was bought to flip. I plan to call & see what they say about both availability & price.

Vintage

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Rubicon
Thx. It’s in Connecticut but worth a try & is still on their website. There was one for sale in the Northeast awhile back. I agree, it was bought to flip. I plan to call & see what they say about both availability & price.
Your welcome and good luck. I hope you can negotiate a fair deal. Keep us posted.

Georges1

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1972 Datsun 240Z
Occupation
Safety Engineer
i heard back from the dealership in CT about the red Z. They are holding to $65,299 + “Dealer Fees“. I’m not Interested at that price, but thought I would post the dealers reply. I wonder how much the Dealer Fees are. Sad to see this happening with big markups. If they come back with another price, I will post it.