Hatch Half Unlocks?

LZ23

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350z
I had finished washing/drying my car and noticed the same thing on the hood and fender. The fender has a vertical line from the edge of the protective film. The hood looks like wripples that could be caused from yanking the protective film off.

At first, my eyes did a double take, and hoping its not scratches in the paint. I rubbed my finger over it, but didnt want to pick at it until I got my clay mitt. Just received it the other day and going to see if it takes it out. Most likely its going to need to be machine polished to remove everything and all imperfections on the paint. Then wax seal for that glossy wet look
So I found out that there was a bulliten from Nissan Canada stating that they are aware of this issue and it seems that certain ships coming over after April 23 have Airyias and Z cars with this issue ,my car was built in Oct/23.My Nissan dealer sent me the bulliten with the remedy on Monday morning.The say to to use rubbing compound followed by polishing compound and then top of with ceramic coating.I told the dealer I didn't want them doing the work and asked them to have one of the local detailing shops do it,they agreed to do that.I called the detailing shop yesterday and they said they would try the least aggressive method first ,maybe clay bar before anything else.They also said that they will have to ceramic coat the whole car even if only the hood or some other areas are involved.Nissan is paying for this .What color is your car?and what is your build date ,you may want to check with Nissan US for a similar bulliten.I told the dealer I would not commit to the car till I see it after going to the detailer.