Hands Up all the Aussies

morgand

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NISMO Z
The high beams aren't Adaptive? Nothing like Matrix Audi or the equiv and amazingly awesome Mercedes-Benz system I have now.
You have auto high/low beam, however nothing fancier than that I think.

However, having driven from Melbourne to Brisbane, and in the early morning dawn over the tablelands out of Bathurst in a spirited nature on the twisty roads, I can say they work very well.

MattJ2020

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Z
Occupation
Photographer
Hereā€™s Supraā€™s adaptive Headlights in action
That's BMW for you but what I have now is a bit more advanced. Really good tech, should really be standard!

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
That's what I thought, surely all the protos would be gone by now.
At least this dealer does call and offer some alternatives which is good
I would have taken a proto manual if I had been offered itā€¦but I wasnā€™t

After a week with my Z4 I can sayā€¦I do still miss a manual.BUT everything else is superior ā€¦the tech is maxing in this thing, far in advance of the Z and itā€™s three years old.
Having said that a Z4 new is another 30k more than a Z ā€¦so it should be advanced

nuthed01

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Golf R Grid, 2023 Nissan Z (pending)
Occupation
Transport Manager
My car is built but still hasn't shipped. I don't think a May delivery is likely..

Screenshot 2023-04-29 at 6.30.31 pm.png
Mine is identical to this. I'm hoping i'm right, but there's a chance they might already be here:

The Z groups i'm in on FB have been dead quiet for weeks, but suddenly in the last few weeks there's been a flurry of 3 guys with similar order times to myself having taken delivery, all in Queensland and NSW. Might be wishful thinking but i'm hoping mine's on the way down the coast as we speak

Last edited:
OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Mine is identical to this. I'm hoping i'm right, but there's a chance they might already be here:

The Z groups i'm in on FB have been dead quiet for weeks, but suddenly in the last few weeks there's been a flurry of 3 guys with similar order times to myself having taken delivery, all in Queensland and NSW. Might be wishful thinking but i'm hoping mine's on the way down the coast as we speak
Nope donā€™t think so sadly.
Mine was the same, built but not on a ship. The dealers spoke to the head honchos because I told them I was walking away. When I returned and asked for a refund they still could not promise a May delivery because head office confirmed that it was not on a ship yet
Iā€™ve seen the guys on Facebookā€¦all silver
Hope Iā€™m wrong for you guys sake
All I know is I was very happy driving the Z4 with the roof down today..it was probably the first day that I knew I had made the right decision for sure

Last edited:

MattJ2020

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Z
Occupation
Photographer
Iā€™d love to know if this is available for Australiaā€¦ and I'd like to hear an acceleration and drive by

Last edited:

dackoo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Type R - FN2
Occupation
Engineer
1682991644037.png

This is a copy of the screenshot i received a while back. I had received a letter from Nissan Australia stating i would receive my car in Feb 23. WRT the date ordered shown, this doesn't align with the true order date but i was informed that when the dealership had to confirm orders with customers this new date was created in the Nissan system. Not sure on this though. This may have affected my delivery date given i put my deposit down in Sept 2021.
I spoke with my dealer yesterday and my order is still showing as not shipped yet. So looks like June now at the earliest.
Has anyone had further updates on their orders - such as shipped?

Beard

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'22 Proto Z
Occupation
IT
1682991644037.png

This is a copy of the screenshot i received a while back. I had received a letter from Nissan Australia stating i would receive my car in Feb 23. WRT the date ordered shown, this doesn't align with the true order date but i was informed that when the dealership had to confirm orders with customers this new date was created in the Nissan system. Not sure on this though. This may have affected my delivery date given i put my deposit down in Sept 2021.
I spoke with my dealer yesterday and my order is still showing as not shipped yet. So looks like June now at the earliest.
To put it into perspective, my nissan dealer didnā€™t know anything more after the above status until it was on a ship and already in Australian waters. 3 weeks after that, I received the car.

theboosh

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
XV
Same, no update. Not expecting anything as it didn't look like many boats were scheduled at the moment. Personal guess is July onwards. Hopefully the cars are being kept undercover or it'll be clay bar time when they finally arrive!

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
To put it into perspective, my nissan dealer didnā€™t know anything more after the above status until it was on a ship and already in Australian waters. 3 weeks after that, I received the car.
But the point is this car and many others are showing up as being made from Dec to Feb week 2 ā€¦thatā€™s anywhere between 12-18 weeks ago, and still not on a boat?
Meanwhile the dealerships are now full of unsold cars.
So whatā€™s really going on? Even if the Feb builds havenā€™t left whatā€™s the excuse for the December one when there have been plenty of other Nissans sent after that time, and why are they prioritising unsold cars for customers that have been waiting 2 years.
I know they make more from other models, but if they havenā€™t sold them they are giving up money from sold Zs that will at least pay for the production of them with a little to spare ā€¦and if they have really been made thatā€™s money they need rather than risk more and more cancelled orders.

None of it makes sense. I wouldnā€™t even be surprised if they havenā€™t been made yet because it just doesnā€™t add up
By the time the Dec build gets here it will be 6months old thatā€™s if it leaves in the next three weeks.

Really??