Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Z
Occupation
Photographer
You canā€™t throw a grenade like that and walk awayšŸ¤£šŸ¤£
I phoned Nissan head office yesterdayā€¦they didnā€™t know anything new then, Iā€™m not that hopeful they know anything new nowšŸ˜ž
errrrr I ducked into the dealership to get some news and was told Iā€™m a day too earlyā€¦ some news will come out hopefully today on our orderves!

dackoo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Type R - FN2
Occupation
Engineer
Proto ordered Sept 2021,
Built Dec 2022 Wk1
Status currently: 20

Called dealership today and informed our April delivery is a no go. Looks like May now at the earliest.
Still i'm in for the long haul and know i'll be happy with the car once i receive it.
Hopefully the dealer will receive an update from Nissan to say its on the water.
Have to wonder where they're storing all these Z's that they've built to date if they're not on the water

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Proto ordered Sept 2021,
Built Dec 2022 Wk1
Status currently: 20

Called dealership today and informed our April delivery is a no go. Looks like May now at the earliest.
Still i'm in for the long haul and know i'll be happy with the car once i receive it.
Hopefully the dealer will receive an update from Nissan to say its on the water.
Have to wonder where they're storing all these Z's that they've built to date if they're not on the water
My delivery was always due Mayā€¦.agree there are a stack of cars being held somewhere
Why doesn't nissan want our money?

dackoo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Type R - FN2
Occupation
Engineer
My delivery was always due Mayā€¦.agree there are a stack of cars being held somewhere
Why doesn't nissan want our money?
One thing my dealer did say to me was that they received a call/email asking the dealership to contact three Z customers whose cars had been built in March and confirm if they still wanted to proceed with their orders. They wanted the dealership to give them a answer by this afternoon, which is extremely short notice. They also stated that if they didn't want to proceed with their order then the cars would be reallocated to the next on the list (Nissan's list).

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
One thing my dealer did say to me was that they received a call/email asking the dealership to contact three Z customers whose cars had been built in March and confirm if they still wanted to proceed with their orders. They wanted the dealership to give them a answer by this afternoon, which is extremely short notice. They also stated that if they didn't want to proceed with their order then the cars would be reallocated to the next on the list (Nissan's list).
March?
What happened to all the cars built Dec- Febā€¦.and how can they trust the dealers todo the right thing!
Itā€™s clear many are not as they are selling Protos they somehow got

morgand

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NISMO Z
That's great news. :)

morgand

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NISMO Z
March?
What happened to all the cars built Dec- Febā€¦.and how can they trust the dealers todo the right thing!
Itā€™s clear many are not as they are selling Protos they somehow got
Cars are sold with what's called a manufacturer holdback, basically a bonus payment for certain performance standards etc . Was volume, but in the last two years because of supply issues they typically get it anyway. Nissan will check that the name on the final contract is the same, as Nissan does the first customer comms, not the dealership. So if it doesn't match........

MattJ2020

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Z
Occupation
Photographer
Finally spotted my first one! BAM!
0432B0F4-6A14-456C-9581-2107F758D757.jpeg

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Finally spotted my first one! BAM!
0432B0F4-6A14-456C-9581-2107F758D757.jpeg
Most likely one of the many up for sale at one of the dealerships.
Very few actually owned, especially in WA
Note standard number plates? Also unusual for a privately owned one, as almost everyone has at a min swapped them out for slim lines