IT

BurninateZ

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'92 MR2 Turbo, '19 508 GT, '23 Supra GT Manual
on a plus note from the article today Nissan has the lowest reported wait time of cars of any of them so seem to be the best at getting cars to people......
Lowest wait time in the list of longest wait times. They're referencing PriceMyCar data and the shortest wait times is a completely different list

peter

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z, Qashqai
Occupation
Metallurgist
I went into the dealer who has a demo the same spec that I ordered and asked if they had a buyer lined up for their demo and when were they allowed to sell it as I may be interested if they could sell before my car arrives. Got a call back today and they said Nissan would would turn a blind eye if they were to sell me their demo, but dealer principle thought about it and said no as it would take 12 months to get another demo. I said that it made more sense to sell me the car than have it on their lot paying interest to Nissan finance and that their other dealership 20 k's away also had a demo. He said he would talk to the owner and ask.

loudsx

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
66stang, 70galant, 96200SX, 98GS300, 02XR6, 08mini
I went into the dealer who has a demo the same spec that I ordered and asked if they had a buyer lined up for their demo and when were they allowed to sell it as I may be interested if they could sell before my car arrives. Got a call back today and they said Nissan would would turn a blind eye if they were to sell me their demo, but dealer principle thought about it and said no as it would take 12 months to get another demo. I said that it made more sense to sell me the car than have it on their lot paying interest to Nissan finance and that their other dealership 20 k's away also had a demo. He said he would talk to the owner and ask.
well they could take your one as the new demo, so are they saying it is more than 12 months for yours?

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Good point, never thought about it that way
Let’s face it,..we are all at the mercy of Nissan.
We have no idea what is truly happening or how long our cars will be.
in 4 days I have been waiting 2 full years and still have not got a car on the seas.
As I said, I’ve given them to May. If the car is not on its way by then I will get a refund and buy the Z4 …at least my number plates will still work🤣

I may have to wait still October, but unlike Nissan at least their cars have been arriving according to their order schedule and I would know where I’m standing.

I’m a patient person….but this has taken it to another level. An unacceptable one

Mud

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 370Z, 2023 Z
I went and saw my dealer today to check out the black roof- see vinyl roof thread

Spoke to him about orders dropping off and others picking them up. Particularly in Vic.
He said Nissan Au are onto it and are cracking down.
If a customer cancels an order it should be reallocated to the next legitimate order in the Australia wide list now

loudsx

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
66stang, 70galant, 96200SX, 98GS300, 02XR6, 08mini
I went and saw my dealer today to check out the black roof- see vinyl roof thread

Spoke to him about orders dropping off and others picking them up. Particularly in Vic.
He said Nissan Au are onto it and are cracking down.
If a customer cancels an order it should be reallocated to the next legitimate order in the Australia wide list now
Nissan were very aware of what was happening.
a friend who got one earlier this month jumped the queue at his dealer he had oder 52 at that dealer and he got their 2nd coupe (silver with red interiour so his was the next order at that dealer with that spec.)

he had to have a call with nissan prior to getting the approval confriming he was a real purchse and not a flipper.

so they were aware and oking it.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Ok…so had to drop son off to his refereeing job, decided to grab some fresh bread (@Hammo25 if you’ve not been to Miller and Baker on Lake street you are missing out) and because it was only a couple minutes out of the way thought I’d drop into the dealership to meet my new salesman (the 5th) and see if I could get any info.

Dealer number 5s name is Tass, he is the only dealer that appears to have survived the wait and was completely lovely. He has promised me he has now taken on all the outstanding back orders and is working hard to try and do the right thing by customers.
In all honestly guys, I feel sorry for the dealers…if it’s been hard on us, it’s been just as hard if not harder on them, dealing with all the fall out from the wait can’t be easy.

Anyhow…at present there is no after market “approved” exhaust …so yes if we want it louder we must go to a third party, they didn’t want to say on record if it would or wouldn’t affect your warranty
Today I went to look at the reverse camera (agree with others…for a car this price it ain’t great) and the sound system …which is ok but also not great and will need a boost (probs the only thing I will upgrade in the car…at least for the first year)

I then asked about this “quarantine issue”.
They agree that there had been a delay caused by quarantine, but also believe that cars are now flowing quite well into Australia. They are taking approx 15 days (give or take a few) to get from port to dealer (in WA) …and importantly they do not believe that Nissan has stopped sending cars. In fact it’s the opposite.
The car lot certainly looks far fuller than I’ve ever seen it and they have a good selection of anything but the Z to buy. Tass did seem a bit puzzled as to why they haven’t sent more Zs along with the Pathfinders ect especially when many have been made (as per their system) but is very hopeful that the cars should arrive on time, or close to it.

Finally the demo model, can be sold in June apparently. BUT because cars that are coming are allocated to customers, and order they want would go to the back of the line meaning they will almost certainly not sell and keep it as the demo.

All in all I came home feeling much more positive all be it a bit more bummed about the sound system. But at least that can be fixed….if only I could get the car

cainen

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FiestaST, Tiguan R-Line, Proto Z
The car lot certainly looks far fuller than I’ve ever seen it and they have a good selection of anything but the Z to buy.
Defintitely there are a lot more cars on my local Nissan lot than there was a few months ago. It was pretty much empty for most of last year but now seems to be around 50%.

Tass to quit in 5....4...3....

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Defintitely there are a lot more cars on my local Nissan lot than there was a few months ago. It was pretty much empty for most of last year but now seems to be around 50%.

Tass to quit in 5....4...3....
Funny enough, although he is there they now have a new after sales consultant…after I went in and asked about paint protection etc.
I’m like the kiss of death

cainen

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Funny enough, although he is there they now have a new after sales consultant…after I went in and asked about paint protection etc.
I’m like the kiss of death
Steer clear from paint protection or tints or anything from the dealer unless they're throwing it in for free. Anything extra is also subject to LCT which is ridiculous. The only way around it is to take delivery first then pay for it after but doing it elsewhere is always way cheaper (and probably better quality).

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Steer clear from paint protection or tints or anything from the dealer unless they're throwing it in for free. Anything extra is also subject to LCT which is ridiculous. The only way around it is to take delivery first then pay for it after but doing it elsewhere is always way cheaper (and probably better quality).
Usually I would agree, but the old partnership they had seemed a very reasonable price and was highly competitive after I had rung a around a few places
Think it was only around $100 more than the cheapest I could find, and for the running around and dust etc…thought it was worth it.
How very…now I have to see what their new partners are peddling and if it’s worth it.
The only time we have ever got the dealers to do paint protect was on our Honda…and in all honesty it was worth every cent. Great quality ( saved us in terms of door knocks etc a number of times) and line ball cost, but they apparently use the same product as the airlines do

cainen

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Usually I would agree, but the old partnership they had seemed a very reasonable price and was highly competitive after I had rung a around a few places
Think it was only around $100 more than the cheapest I could find, and for the running around and dust etc…thought it was worth it.
How very…now I have to see what their new partners are peddling and if it’s worth it.
The only time we have ever got the dealers to do paint protect was on our Honda…and in all honesty it was worth every cent. Great quality ( saved us in terms of door knocks etc a number of times) and line ball cost, but they apparently use the same product as the airlines do
Yep, just be careful with the LCT thing. My dealer quoted me a price which I agreed but when they resent the contract the final price ended up way higher as LCT also gets applied to the paint protection etc.