Hands Up all the Aussies

Hammo25

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi A5
So called the dealership…. @Hammo25 it seems you got extremely lucky…won the lottery kinda lucky.
This car was not a rejected order. Osborne park had no idea they were getting any Zs until the “first shipment” ( mine and the other guys)
It was the only Z on the ship…and they got asked if they wanted it pretty much when you did.

I said to the guy…look I’m not angry at you guys or the guy getting it, it’s not under your control.
But what the heck?

Why would they send one single car in the first place? And why would they send one that wasn’t sold over the preorders they have that are sold, and made (because the information the allocation lady sent me definitely confirms the car was made second half of Feb)
He said, he’s given up trying to figure out what they are doing and that he is just as frustrated as we are. He said for every question we have they have 7.
They have had cars that were meant for them that ended up in Melbourne (not Zs) all sorts of things that are highly frustrating

Like you said…the irony is, it’s going to the one guy here that’s probably not in a hurry 🤣
Enjoy though…hopefully I’m not too far behind.
You’ll know it’s me driving when I get it….all that pent up frustration might be released behind the wheel, so watch out 🤣
It’s gonna look awesome in my garage for a month or so!

loudsx

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
66stang, 70galant, 96200SX, 98GS300, 02XR6, 08mini
so this is why I asked about colours the other day.

It looks like they are coming in based on that rather than orders.
eg the first ones I saw in peoples hards were black, then some whites turned up, then silver now looks like gun metal.

so I think they are building in batches of colour then sending out.

which, and I know this will piss one person off the msot, I bet they leave yellow to last as they already did the protos which would have been the majority of the yellow early preorders.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20

eg the first ones I saw in peoples hards were black, then some whites turned up, then silver now looks like gun metal.

which, and I know this will piss one person off the msot, I bet they leave yellow to last as they already did the protos which would have been the majority of the yellow early preorders.
No …but you miss my point.

My car HAS been physically made.
It was confirmed it had been made second week of Feb in the actual allocation screen that Nissan sends to Nissan Aus to say what’s coming. When my order first got a manufacture date, it said “Feb week 2 forecast” …..now it says “Feb week 2 Confirmed” meaning it was made in week two February or almost a month ago.

So….the question is why send 1 single car over, when you have another half dozen ready to go
It makes absolutely no sense. Even the dealer said he couldn’t work out why they would do it

Shobotan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
180SX

When I ordered, the discussion I had with the dealer gave me the impression that Nissan didn't necessarily manufacture to order. The dealer gets notified an order has been accepted when they've forecast manufacture of a vehicle with the same spec. How it is then allocated probably only Nissan knows. Again, this is only my interpretation of that discussion.

Beard

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'22 Proto Z
Occupation
IT
When I ordered, the discussion I had with the dealer gave me the impression that Nissan didn't necessarily manufacture to order.
They aren’t even making to order in America or Canada. Australia is a way smaller market.

I still don’t have a VIN and my car is apparently sitting on a boat off the coast of Brisbane. I’m not convinced my car exists or has been put together until it’s front of my own eyes 😅 - no matter what the Nissan computer says.
Not worth the stress.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
When I ordered, the discussion I had with the dealer gave me the impression that Nissan didn't necessarily manufacture to order. The dealer gets notified an order has been accepted when they've forecast manufacture of a vehicle with the same spec. How it is then allocated probably only Nissan knows. Again, this is only my interpretation of that discussion.
I get ALL of that
But that STILL doesn’t explain it…again.

My car was manufactured second week of Feb as confirmed on the stock allocators page.

So my point still remains.
If there is a car sitting in Japan since the second week of Feb, why not send it with this car that was not even allocated??

loudsx

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I get ALL of that
But that STILL doesn’t explain it…again.

My car was manufactured second week of Feb as confirmed on the stock allocators page.

So my point still remains.
If there is a car sitting in Japan since the second week of Feb, why not send it with this car that was not even allocated??

so this actually feeds into what I was saying, theya re making them in batches (guessing by colour) and putting them in the shipping order. I doubt this was the only car opn the boat just the one we know about, and that the Yellow Coupes are getting shipped in order.

so now they have gone from the problem of not able to build cars to the painful thing of shipping them.

so their is prob a batch of reds at some point of the queue and blue and so on.

but it just seems as we see photos of cars arriving it's similar colours at a time.

this is 100% guess work, if some-one can get a photo of a random assortment at the docks happy to be proven wrong.

so it looks like they ahve gone from the problem of making the cars to now shipping them as we know their is a lack of shipping also right now, and they would also be putting preference onto the higher margin cars to make the most profit as quick as possible.

Hammo25

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi A5
so this actually feeds into what I was saying, theya re making them in batches (guessing by colour) and putting them in the shipping order. I doubt this was the only car opn the boat just the one we know about, and that the Yellow Coupes are getting shipped in order.

so now they have gone from the problem of not able to build cars to the painful thing of shipping them.

so their is prob a batch of reds at some point of the queue and blue and so on.

but it just seems as we see photos of cars arriving it's similar colours at a time.

this is 100% guess work, if some-one can get a photo of a random assortment at the docks happy to be proven wrong.

so it looks like they ahve gone from the problem of making the cars to now shipping them as we know their is a lack of shipping also right now, and they would also be putting preference onto the higher margin cars to make the most profit as quick as possible.
This car (my car) is sitting in a Nissan warehouse with all the other cars (utes and SUVs) that came on the same boat - at least that is my understanding. Might not be the only Z - I don't know that for sure. It's possible there's a few of us getting gun metallics in the next few weeks, but perhaps others not active on forums etc.

dackoo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Type R - FN2
Occupation
Engineer
Has anyone on the forum who had notification via letter from Nissan for their Proto build due in Jan/Feb 2023 either received their cars or has a confirmed date?

My letter from Nissan stated delivery due Feb 2023, but at this time the dealer still has no further update except that the car is not on the water yet. Therefore i'm assuming it's been built but not shipped. I don't have a VIN number yet, but the dealer assured me that they don't receive this from Nissan until the car is on the boat.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Has anyone on the forum who had notification via letter from Nissan for their Proto build due in Jan/Feb 2023 either received their cars or has a confirmed date?

My letter from Nissan stated delivery due Feb 2023, but at this time the dealer still has no further update except that the car is not on the water yet. Therefore i'm assuming it's been built but not shipped. I don't have a VIN number yet, but the dealer assured me that they don't receive this from Nissan until the car is on the boat.
They should be able to see in their system if it’s been built
When they propose a build date it states “Forecast” Feb week two (example) when it’s built it states “confirmed” Feb week two.

They also should be able to see estimated delivery date and port

I’d ask the dealer if they can tell if it has at least been built.
My car is a yellow non proto, but if assumptions are right and they are doing them in colour batch, it’s possible the Protos will be shipped and delivered the same time as mine….which has the confirmed build date, and arrival month of May (dealer thinks late April more likely)

dackoo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Type R - FN2
Occupation
Engineer
Thanks for the reply. In the past when i spoke to my dealer and mentioned that you had your VIN, they were at a loss as to how. I've also been speaking to the Nissan Stock Controller at the dealership but he's indicated that their system has limited information. I've pressed them to speak to Nissan, but feedback has always been that they've received no further details than which they've shared with me.
I think you're right about the colour thing now, given that it appears other people are receiving their cars which are not yellow.
Shame Nissan doesn't value their promises or at least is more open about people's order and the status. I'm sure Nissan have a master build schedule and also plan in place. It can't be that fluid given the size of the company and being Japanese

Beattie

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi SQ5
Occupation
District Manager

My Proto letter states the details you mention, expe red delivery Feb23 but my dealer says they have no information eg Vin yet at all..

loudsx

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ok not been on car sales for a while

but damn there ate 19 Protos for sale right now.

did we ever get numbers for AU?
and sure enough other than those just Black white and Grey for sale.

Last edited:

Mud

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 370Z, 2023 Z

there's a white one up for sale here in Brissy for about $82k

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20

Most of the coupes “for sale” on caresales are click bait
Once you click on them to see the details it says they are available to order, or a demo that is not available yet.
The protos on the other hand….
The thing that gets me is we know there are still people waiting for the delivery of their Protos and I have to wonder with so many up for sale….if dealers sold their first lots to “friends” so they can on sell to make a profit.
I know in WA we have a couple that came from interstate being resold at dealerships. I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised if sister dealerships were ordering, then swapping to sell at a good mark up, whilst getting around our laws.

Call me a cynic if you must….at this stage I’m so over it, and nothing would surprise me .