Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'22 Proto Z
Occupation
IT
When did we last see a photo of Zs on a car transporter or at the docks?
Tomorrow maybe šŸ˜
Where is a good spot to get a view of the docks? I've not been down there before.

Boat docks at 11PM tonight

BC93C1B4-F26E-4BD9-865D-075FC0BF8767.jpeg

BurninateZ

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'92 MR2 Turbo, '19 508 GT, '23 Supra GT Manual
any of you guys switching to the Supra manual ?
Yeah I did a few weeks back. I'd lost confidence on getting a Z any time soon.

I hate to say it but Toyota/BMW/Magna Steyr have a much more sorted production line. I've had a couple of updates from the dealer since then and timelines have continually shortened, now looking at an April manufacture for July delivery.

It's been a breath of fresh air after the Z saga šŸ˜¬

Hammo25

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi A5
You may just get your wish.
I on the other hand get increasingly antsy
You must of done it good and proper for 12 weeksā€¦usually itā€™s only an 8 week turn around.
When I broke my ankle ā€¦.it was only 6 weeks.
But mine wasnā€™t dramatic.itā€™s embarrassing to admit I was simply walking, stood on a gum it that twisted my ankle so badly it snapped šŸ˜³
I couldnā€™t drive a manual either, coz I couldnā€™t use the clutch
Small bone shattered into a few pieces. Cast / splint for 6 weeks plus another six weeks avoiding heavy contact with palm / wrist. Could be ok after the 6 but will need to take it easy. Certainly not allowed back on the bike for 12 weeks.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
T
Small bone shattered into a few pieces. Cast / splint for 6 weeks plus another six weeks avoiding heavy contact with palm / wrist. Could be ok after the 6 but will need to take it easy. Certainly not allowed back on the bike for 12 weeks.
that sounds painful šŸ˜–šŸ¤•

Hammo25

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi A5
This is what pisses me offā€¦.I bet he wasnā€™t waiting 2 years for his car
Youā€™re not gonna be happy with me then. Got a call yesterday. I expect somewhere between cars not being produced in order of orders and a cancellation Iā€™ve been told I have a car arriving within weeks. The call was to confirm I wanted the car - needed an answer immediately or it would go to next matching order. Serves me right for saying I didnā€™t want a car for 12 weeks just two days ago!

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Youā€™re not gonna be happy with me then. Got a call yesterday. I expect somewhere between cars not being produced in order of orders and a cancellation Iā€™ve been told I have a car arriving within weeks. The call was to confirm I wanted the car - needed an answer immediately or it would go to next matching order. Serves me right for saying I didnā€™t want a car for 12 weeks just two days ago!
How in the heck?
What colour did you order?
And I, not upset with youā€¦just this crappy roll out
What dealership were you with again?

Maybe they heard the next shipment is leaving soon? Iā€™m gonna hope my car is on there with yours

Hammo25

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi A5
How in the heck?
What colour did you order?
And I, not upset with youā€¦just this crappy roll out
What dealership were you with again?

Maybe they heard the next shipment is leaving soon? Iā€™m gonna hope my car is on there with yours
Osborne park - same as you. Gun metallic manual.

As I said - I expect I've just got lucky with a cancellation of someone ahead of me with the same spec (or Nissan is just sending cars as produced which aren't linked to the order of orders). I can see why it would make sense to produce a run of same colour.

Note that I wasn't given a VIN or any other details but it must be on water or even here if they are planning delivery before end of month

Hammo25

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi A5
Osborne park - same as you. Gun metallic manual.

As I said - I expect I've just got lucky with a cancellation of someone ahead of me with the same spec (or Nissan is just sending cars as produced which aren't linked to the order of orders). I can see why it would make sense to produce a run of same colour.

Note that I wasn't given a VIN or any other details but it must be on water or even here if they are planning delivery before end of month
I just spoke to dealer. Car in the warehouse in Welshpool apparently, but the Z's will be last to leave from that shipment hence end of month delivery. I've gotta be the only buyer in Australia not in a rush so they can take as long as they like.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I just spoke to dealer. Car in the warehouse in Welshpool apparently, but the Z's will be last to leave from that shipment hence end of month delivery. I've gotta be the only buyer in Australia not in a rush so they can take as long as they like.
Same dealer and everything šŸ˜–
They told me they were only getting two and they would come together ā€¦they are annoy me šŸ˜”

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
So called the dealershipā€¦. @Hammo25 it seems you got extremely luckyā€¦won the lottery kinda lucky.
This car was not a rejected order. Osborne park had no idea they were getting any Zs until the ā€œfirst shipmentā€ ( mine and the other guys)
It was the only Z on the shipā€¦and they got asked if they wanted it pretty much when you did.

I said to the guyā€¦look Iā€™m not angry at you guys or the guy getting it, itā€™s not under your control.
But what the heck?

Why would they send one single car in the first place? And why would they send one that wasnā€™t sold over the preorders they have that are sold, and made (because the information the allocation lady sent me definitely confirms the car was made second half of Feb)
He said, heā€™s given up trying to figure out what they are doing and that he is just as frustrated as we are. He said for every question we have they have 7.
They have had cars that were meant for them that ended up in Melbourne (not Zs) all sorts of things that are highly frustrating

Like you saidā€¦the irony is, itā€™s going to the one guy here thatā€™s probably not in a hurry šŸ¤£
Enjoy thoughā€¦hopefully Iā€™m not too far behind.
Youā€™ll know itā€™s me driving when I get itā€¦.all that pent up frustration might be released behind the wheel, so watch out šŸ¤£