BurninateZ

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'92 MR2 Turbo, '19 508 GT, '23 Supra GT Manual
Hi all,
New here and pre-ordered my Z in June 22 and it still hasn’t had allocation. My dealer changed colours from Nissan to Hyundai earlier this year so I wonder if that changed anything (they said it didn’t). I’m just worried that it’ll be 24 by the time it gets manufactured and shipped over and I could be driving something else in the meantime.

what’s your experience been like?
Very similar. I had a pre-order from a little before yours and was given estimated delivery dates 'a few months' away several times without any real confirmation.

I think a few people on here have gotten manufacturing confirmation in the last month or two which is a big step up, but imo it still seems like a trickle of cars rather than Nissan finally meeting demand.

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z Performance 6MT Blue/Graphite
Hi all,
New here and pre-ordered my Z in June 22 and it still hasn’t had allocation. My dealer changed colours from Nissan to Hyundai earlier this year so I wonder if that changed anything (they said it didn’t). I’m just worried that it’ll be 24 by the time it gets manufactured and shipped over and I could be driving something else in the meantime.

Hi @Juraj, welcome. Zs seem to be hard to come by. I'm hoping this changes soon.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Hi all,

Hey Juraj..welcome.
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I’d say you have a fair wait yet.
I had an order down at the end of March 2021, made a deposit on that order to make it offical April 2021.
I have only just received details that my car was to be manufactured in Feb, for an April/May delivery.
But since then nothing ….so who knows if it’s actually been made and waiting to be exported…or if there is yet another set back
There are plenty of others like me with 2021 orders, who have yet to get a car.
It’s been the worst roll out ever, with constant set backs and excuses

peter

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z, Qashqai
Occupation
Metallurgist
Hi all,

Did you pay a deposit in June 22 as this was about the time the order book was sitting at around 1000 to 1200 orders and they switched to join the queue on their website. If you made it you are probable close to the 1200 end of the order queue, Nissan HQ in Melb have said they will try and deliver all pre-orders this year, but I dont think thats going to happen.
My local dealer said last week the he honestly had no idea at present and could not give an ETA, his demo is in the exact spec I ordered and I have told him if he can sell it before mine arrives to give me a call. I have looked at their car a few times now and the k's are still very low, I dont think many people are test driving it as it really only appeals to a small group of car buyers. This then brings up the old argument of why so many demos when they can go to the people that really want them

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
@jezzza
Just realised we haven’t heard from you or @Ballast Scorcher for quite sometime.
I’m hoping it’s coz you guys got your cars, but somehow I doubt it.
I hope you both at least know when they are supposedly coming now and haven’t given up… after all you guys talked me into not giving up and waiting it out

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Did you pay a deposit in June 22 as this was about the time the order book was sitting at around 1000 to 1200 orders and they switched to join the queue on their website. If you made it you are probable close to the 1200 end of the order queue, Nissan HQ in Melb have said they will try and deliver all pre-orders this year, but I dont think thats going to happen.
My local dealer said last week the he honestly had no idea at present and could not give an ETA, his demo is in the exact spec I ordered and I have told him if he can sell it before mine arrives to give me a call. I have looked at their car a few times now and the k's are still very low, I dont think many people are test driving it as it really only appeals to a small group of car buyers. This then brings up the old argument of why so many demos when they can go to the people that really want them
Exactly…as you know this has been my argument for quite some time.
What’s the point of demos when they have a thousand orders they can not fill.

Also, annoying me is some people in the east jumping que because of supposed “cancelled orders”
I dunno….maybe at the point they have a VIN peoples deposits should become non refundable (only at that point) so that they have to make a decision before the car is on route, so it can be redirected to the next in line should they pull their order
Seems crazy that people who ordered 6 months before some do not have cars whilst they do.
There has to be a way of stopping it..it’s not rocket science

loudsx

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
66stang, 70galant, 96200SX, 98GS300, 02XR6, 08mini
Hi all,

first up welcome to the forums.

I also orderedin June last year 11th to be precise)

I was told at the time expect 12-18 months wait.

talking to them recently they seem to feel that’s still accurate. So I’m expecting some time in spring.

Hammo25

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi A5
first up welcome to the forums.

I also orderedin June last year 11th to be precise)

I was told at the time expect 12-18 months wait.

talking to them recently they seem to feel that’s still accurate. So I’m expecting some time in spring.
I think I was 9 June 2022. If my mustang dark horse arrives first I’ll be dropping my order.

As a separate issue I’ve yet to do a test drive at my dealer but was hoping to have time this weekend. Instead i came off my bike and now left arm in a cast with a broken hand

drunkntigr

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hilux
Hmmm my ETA is Sept 2023 but no further info.

Order the Yellow but now considering the Rosewood metallic - not sure if the yellow is going to age well - but honestly only reason why I got the car is because I want that yellow with a sligh green tinge in different light.

Alternative would be a BMW M3 but that is triple the price.

Ballast Scorcher

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan 300zx z32 Mitsubishi Triton MR
Occupation
Locomotive Driver
@jezzza
Just realised we haven’t heard from you or @Ballast Scorcher for quite sometime.
I hope you both at least know when they are supposedly coming now and haven’t given up… after all you guys talked me into not giving up and waiting it out
Morning!

When it became clear I wouldn't receive the Z Proto before the 15th of March (my deadline if you recall) I pulled the pin.

I'm starting this mega cash bonus 2 weeks on 1 week off at work and as a result, with flying, I'm only home 5 full days per month and I really, really didn't want to juggle the Proto and getting it to my regional location at that point.

I ended up getting my 2019 MR Mitsi Triton priced up and got offered what I payed for it when I purchased it new (33k) now even with 36k km on the clock. As a side note, I was surprised to see the asking price for these same vehicles is like 44k nowadays so that's something.

But I waffle, I traded in the triton, and will be taking possession of a brand new Mazda BT50 XTR tomorrow.

I loved the Z, and I still do. But enough was enough. It is a shame it came to that point but c'est la vie.

Hopefully you're doing well and nearly at the finish line.

Last edited:
OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Morning!

When it became clear I wouldn't receive the Z Proto before the 15th of March (my deadline if you recall) I pulled the pin.

I'm starting this mega cash bonus 2 weeks on 1 week off at work and as a result, with flying, I'm only home 5 full days per month and I really, really didn't want to juggle the Proto and getting it to my regional location at that point.

I ended up getting my 2019 MR Mitsi Triton priced up and got offered what I payed for it when I purchased it (33k) with 36k km on the clock. As a side note, I was surprised to see the asking price for these same vehicles is like 44k nowadays so that's something.

But I waffle, I traded in the triton, and will be taking possession of a brand new Mazda BT50 XTR tomorrow.

I loved the Z, and I still do. But enough was enough. It is a shame it came to that point but c'est la vie.

Hopefully you're doing well and nearly at the finish line.
There he is!

Well, I can’t say I’m surprised…and I totally get it.
I hope you enjoy your new rides, congratulations!
On the other hand…another enthusiasts bites the dust
Nissan really has not done their business any favours with this roll out
I honestly can’t believe I’m still here waiting.
Coming up on two years. It’s very disappointing and hugely frustrating

Ballast Scorcher

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan 300zx z32 Mitsubishi Triton MR
Occupation
Locomotive Driver
There he is!

Well, I can’t say I’m surprised…and I totally get it.
I hope you enjoy your new rides, congratulations!
On the other hand…another enthusiasts bites the dust
Nissan really has not done their business any favours with this roll out
I honestly can’t believe I’m still here waiting.
Coming up on two years. It’s very disappointing and hugely frustrating
Yeah, coming to the realisation that it still wouldnt be delivered when I really needed it to was crap. I am still holding out hope that a Nismo variant will be on the horizon and I'll be in a better position to take delivery ie, I'll be living in Perth!

Though perhaps it's insane to even consider giving Nissan any of my business at this point given this absolute shit show.

Crazy to hear the waits still on...well perhaps not. Push on @West Aussie, can't be much longer now, surely.

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
@jezzza
Hey! My cars allegedly due at port any day now.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Hey! My cars allegedly due at port any day now.
Yay!
At least one of us have it on the horizon…I’m supposedly on the first delivery lot into Perth Late April early May

Make sure you check in when it arrives….would love to see at least one of the originals finally driving a car

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
Make sure you check in when it arrives….would love to see at least one of the originals finally driving a car
Without a doubt! How long have we been here for now? Feels like an eternity.

Due to circumstance this may well be one of the first second hand Coupes up for sale.