Hands Up all the Aussies

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Without a doubt! How long have we been here for now? Feels like an eternity.

Due to circumstance this may well be one of the first second hand Coupes up for sale.
Well that’s a bit sad…but I do understand.

Drive into Freo today to grab some lunch. Took a detour to see what new cars had arrived at the port.
VW, Honda, Toyota, Hyundai, pretty much everything other than Nissan
The time for covid excuses is long gone.

Hope you get to enjoy it for a little bit at least think you deserve it after this long

Hammo25

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi A5
Well that’s a bit sad…but I do understand.

Drive into Freo today to grab some lunch. Took a detour to see what new cars had arrived at the port.
VW, Honda, Toyota, Hyundai, pretty much everything other than Nissan
The time for covid excuses is long gone.

Hope you get to enjoy it for a little bit at least think you deserve it after this long
@West Aussie i was looking through the fence at the port last weekend while on my bike and this is why I crashed at the bend at the underpass and broke my hand!

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
@West Aussie i was looking through the fence at the port last weekend while on my bike and this is why I crashed at the bend at the underpass and broke my hand!
Oh dear…the lengths we have gone to is ridiculous.
The thing is after all this time, the hype and the excitement has kinda worn off.
I truly hope I regain it when/if the car gets here.
I’m sure my dealer really looks forward to my weekly text on a Monday morning asking for updates, and will miss me when I’m gone 😂🤣😂

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Heads up Osborne Park guys …..Barry has left the dealership.
I’m now on salesman number 5…and every time no one tells me they have left.
It’s getting beyond a joke

jpw

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ford Focus
Occupation
journalist
Hi all,
New here and pre-ordered my Z in June 22 and it still hasn’t had allocation. My dealer changed colours from Nissan to Hyundai earlier this year so I wonder if that changed anything (they said it didn’t). I’m just worried that it’ll be 24 by the time it gets manufactured and shipped over and I could be driving something else in the meantime.

what’s your experience been like?
Hi there. I think you are in for a long wait. I put my deposit down in December 2020. I think it was the day - or a few days after the new Z was announced. Over two years ago. Mistake I made was not choosing the Proto. Might have received that by now. Instead I am still waiting.... and waiting.... and waiting.... for a blue coupe.

Juraj

First Name
Juraj
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW 125i
Damn! Yes, I've paid my deposit down in June 2022 - didn't expect the wait to be this long! That m240i seems more and more appealing....

loudsx

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
66stang, 70galant, 96200SX, 98GS300, 02XR6, 08mini
Damn! Yes, I've paid my deposit down in June 2022 - didn't expect the wait to be this long! That m240i seems more and more appealing....
I saw one of them in a purple go past a little while back and they are a VERY good looking car.

but BMW only recntly did 5 year warenty being 3 years only
Auto only
20K more for less power
and yeah prior burnt by them, I personally could not do it. (but that's just me)

Juraj

First Name
Juraj
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW 125i
I saw one of them in a purple go past a little while back and they are a VERY good looking car.

but BMW only recntly did 5 year warenty being 3 years only
Auto only
20K more for less power
and yeah prior burnt by them, I personally could not do it. (but that's just me)
BMW site says 5 years so not sure what you mean..?

realistically it's only $10k more based on the market. Granted, the car is more of a demo but it's available. Z needs suspension and brakes if I want to track it, m240i already has it.

Don't get me wrong, I love the Z and I'm willing to wait for it but wouldn't mind driving something while it gets made...

Last edited:

loudsx

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
66stang, 70galant, 96200SX, 98GS300, 02XR6, 08mini
BMW site says 5 years so not sure what you mean..?

realistically it's only $10k more based on the market. Granted, the car is more of a demo but it's available. Z needs suspension and brakes if I want to track it, m240i already has it.

Don't get me wrong, I love the Z and I'm willing to wait for it but wouldn't mind driving something while it gets made...
BMW just moved to 5 years in Oct last year.
any cars before that IE when I was ordering were 3 years.

if you are looking at a demo make sure it is a post Oct car with the 5 years as if it is an early car you have the remains of a 3 year one.

https://www.whichcar.com.au/news/bmw-five-year-warranty-australia

peter

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z, Qashqai
Occupation
Metallurgist
Talking with local dealer last week he estimates the he and other dealers have had about a 20 to 25% cancellation of orders so far.
Don't mean to be rude but that gets those left higher up the list.
That is the list Nissan doesn't seem to acknowledge or tell you were abouts your position is.