Hands Up all the Aussies

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
To the guys that already have their Protosā€¦apologies in advance for asking again because I know we have covered it before, but the old mind is going.

What type of number plates did you go withā€¦Euro, Slim, or regularā€¦are you happy with the size you chose, or looking back would you have gone another way

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Infiniti Q50, 2023 Nissan Z Preformance
I've never heard of an exhaust system voiding warranty. Aftermarket tuning/fuel mapping though, absolutely.
If itā€™s a cat back only then it shouldnā€™t void the warranty. However, if you touch the Downpipes , I hear they can void it.

cainen

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FiestaST, TX3 Turbo, Tiguan R-Line, Proto Z
To the guys that already have their Protosā€¦apologies in advance for asking again because I know we have covered it before, but the old mind is going.

What type of number plates did you go withā€¦Euro, Slim, or regularā€¦are you happy with the size you chose, or looking back would you have gone another way
You can see mine here: https://www.nissanzclub.com/forum/threads/personalised-plates.1320/post-50856 These are the "import"/JDM size ones (NSW). I initially thought slimmer on the front would be better but the look has grown on me. I think the size on the rear is perfect.

TBH I think any size would look fine as long as you cut the hideous plate mount down to size or remove it entirely.

loudsx

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
66stang, 70galant, 96200SX, 98GS300, 02XR6, 08mini
TBH I think any size would look fine as long as you cut the hideous plate mount down to size or remove it entirely.
100% think you are on the ball there,

I went vic Liquid metal plates as the colour clostest matches the ?eggshell? in the grill along with black framing.

but the first thing is to get rid of that horrid mount.

1674448838424.png

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
100% think you are on the ball there,

I went vic Liquid metal plates as the colour clostest matches the ?eggshell? in the grill along with black framing.

but the first thing is to get rid of that horrid mount.

1674448838424.png
So you went slim on the back normal on the front ā€¦.

indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'72 Rover S3, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Wowā€¦Iā€™m gonna make a packet when I eventually sellā€¦be one of very few thatā€™s stock (apart from tinted windows) and a selling point of ā€œone lady ownerā€ šŸ¤£

In all honesty I may be interested in an exhaust to get it really hummingā€¦.but how does this affect warranties?
My son swapped his out on his commodore, so Iā€™d probably just get him to do the mechanics side which I feel would have to affect it in some way
Actually, after encountering too many modified, clapped out and abused BRZs when looking for one to purchase a few years back ... finding one owned by a female who clearly took good care of it and hadn't been racing around, was a selling point for me.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Finally received my allocation. February production, April/May delivery. šŸ„³

image001.png
Congrats Jezzaā€¦same time as me ā€¦I know you ordered around same time as me too

Looks like we will all be watching out for the same boat to come in

Last edited:

loudsx

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
66stang, 70galant, 96200SX, 98GS300, 02XR6, 08mini
So you went slim on the back normal on the front ā€¦.
Slim on both

sorry Iā€™m airports so had to steal an example off the site.

tho I have skim from full rear on s14 plus on wifeā€™s Impreza and it works well. But not going in this case

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Slim on both

sorry Iā€™m airports so had to steal an example off the site.

tho I have skim from full rear on s14 plus on wifeā€™s Impreza and it works well. But not going in this case
Good to knowā€¦I was looking at getting slims, just wanted to be sure before I did the order.
Now to decide what I want to put on it

Any suggestions?? Anyone??

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Ok. So Iā€™ve genuinely been playing the waiting game pretty calmly, but thus has got me a bit excited!
Glad youā€™re excited Hammoā€¦I think @jezzza and I are just exhausted .
It will be 2 years and two months since ordering to driving away
Whilst I am thrilled the wait is coming to an end, some of the excitement has been lost on the way thanks to Nissans poor handling of the situation
Hoping my excitement will be rekindled as we get closerā€¦for now I think Iā€™m still in denial of itā€™s arrival, because of how many times we have been let down to date