Hands Up all the Aussies

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
@West Aussie did you get a confirmed delivery yet?
He said he will call tomorrow morning.
I think he pretty much said it without saying it.
Said they called, said he confirmed the order with head office, said it was colour matched.
He just doesnā€™t want to promise until he sees the ETA in the computerā€¦and Iā€™m kinda happy with that, especially after so many false starts

peter

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z, Qashqai
Occupation
Metallurgist
How do they have a gun manual available to sell?

As to the BRZ bring on the waterā€¦itā€™s crazy to think how far behind Nissan is, both in terms of car delivery and the way they communicate to their buyers.
The above email keeping us up to date would be very much appreciated
It was part of their 6 car allocation, they don't have the car, it's among the first they will be gerring

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
It was part of their 6 car allocation, they don't have the car, it's among the first they will be gerring
Yeah but my point beingā€¦.Nissan is calling all dealerships to confirm that each order is wanted by the buyer. If the buyer has passed on the carā€¦why are they still getting it?
Surely it should move to the next person on the list with this spec as their pre order?

peter

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z, Qashqai
Occupation
Metallurgist
Yeah but my point beingā€¦.Nissan is calling all dealerships to confirm that each order is wanted by the buyer. If the buyer has passed on the carā€¦why are they still getting it?
Surely it should move to the next person on the list with this spec as their pre order?
This was a cancelled order, maybe they are not telling Nissan so they can still get the car

Hammo25

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi A5
That car is my ordered spec - for example - just saying

Hammo25

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi A5
He said he will call tomorrow morning.
I think he pretty much said it without saying it.
Said they called, said he confirmed the order with head office, said it was colour matched.
He just doesnā€™t want to promise until he sees the ETA in the computerā€¦and Iā€™m kinda happy with that, especially after so many false starts
I Just spoke to Barry (for first time - I called him). He suggested I'm about 5th or 6th on their list in order which is better than I expected. Sounds like they are getting 2 cars with first shipment into WA (out of 24 cars across 20 dealers - or maybe it was 20 cars across 24 dealers). He also said that at least with the 2 cars they are getting that the spec matches their first two orders, but he doesn't know whether that will be case going forward or not - could just have been possible with this early run.

Raff

First Name
Gtr
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z
Hey all,

Just went for a test drive in the south-east of VIC, car breaks out in 2nd as it should. Very sensible over bumps, i feel the gear throws are a bit long, wish it was a little tighter, a bit tougher to pull off money shifts. I think the vehicle will be going back in for new tyres after that drive šŸ¤£.

Spoke to my sales guy, said there was a cancelled order which got reallocated to another customer in line (total dealer pool not to the dealership) so the dealership didn't get the car. But all in all no word on mine.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I Just spoke to Barry (for first time - I called him). He suggested I'm about 5th or 6th on their list in order which is better than I expected. Sounds like they are getting 2 cars with first shipment into WA (out of 24 cars across 20 dealers - or maybe it was 20 cars across 24 dealers). He also said that at least with the 2 cars they are getting that the spec matches their first two orders, but he doesn't know whether that will be case going forward or not - could just have been possible with this early run.
Iā€™m one of those two.

Today he did call me back and finally the build and ETA is properly in the system for my car.
Build date for Feb, expected delivery late April early Mayā€¦bit later than I was hoping/expecting (especially as it seems those from the east with the same build date appear yo have a month earlier delivery date šŸ˜–) but hey itā€™s a huge leap forward for it to actually be showing in the system.
6th is not too bad, I understand they have over 20 orders at that dealership..and correct, he said 20 total for WA in the first hit.

I think we have been ripped off personally, 20 is not many ā€¦but I suppose we donā€™t know how many total are being made for the country first up.

By the time I get this car if it sticks to the timeline I would have been waiting 2 years and 2 months šŸ˜³

Barry seems like a nice guy and super helpful. He said once itā€™s built he should have a VIN and once itā€™s on the boat he will let me know so I can track the boat.
Turn around from port is around 10 days then one day from when the dealer gets it till he can give it to us.

For anyone who needs a reminder a yellow manual coupe was my orderā€¦.there have been very few manual coupe orders confirmed to date that Iā€™ve seen on social media etcā€¦.so hopefully it is all ok

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Hey all,

Just went for a test drive in the south-east of VIC, car breaks out in 2nd as it should. Very sensible over bumps, i feel the gear throws are a bit long, wish it was a little tighter, a bit tougher to pull off money shifts. I think the vehicle will be going back in for new tyres after that drive šŸ¤£.

Spoke to my sales guy, said there was a cancelled order which got reallocated to another customer in line (total dealer pool not to the dealership) so the dealership didn't get the car. But all in all no word on mine.
Although annoying, at least your dealer seems to be reputable. That is what should happen with a cancelled orderā€¦given to the next in line, not to the dealer to sell

Hammo25

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi A5
Iā€™m one of those two.

Today he did call me back and finally the build and ETA is properly in the system for my car.
Build date for Feb, expected delivery late April early Mayā€¦bit later than I was hoping/expecting (especially as it seems those from the east with the same build date appear yo have a month earlier delivery date šŸ˜–) but hey itā€™s a huge leap forward for it to actually be showing in the system.
6th is not too bad, I understand they have over 20 orders at that dealership..and correct, he said 20 total for WA in the first hit.

I think we have been ripped off personally, 20 is not many ā€¦but I suppose we donā€™t know how many total are being made for the country first up.

By the time I get this car if it sticks to the timeline I would have been waiting 2 years and 2 months šŸ˜³

Barry seems like a nice guy and super helpful. He said once itā€™s built he should have a VIN and once itā€™s on the boat he will let me know so I can track the boat.
Turn around from port is around 10 days then one day from when the dealer gets it till he can give it to us.

For anyone who needs a reminder a yellow manual coupe was my orderā€¦.there have been very few manual coupe orders confirmed to date that Iā€™ve seen on social media etcā€¦.so hopefully it is all ok
Agree with the comments re Barry. He was super helpful and genuine. Glad youā€™ve hung in there for yours.

2in2out

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FG Turbo Ute
Occupation
Firefighter
Took my dealers demo out for run being as it's the same colour as my order.
Notes:-
It's very soft, def needs stiffer springs or coilovers if you're used to sportier rides.
Auto is very underwhelming glad I ordered a manual.
Stereo is fine for my needs.
Interior is fine for what it is, the 8" infotainment is abit pov but acceptable.
It's not that quick, it's decent enough for a stock car but def abit doughie on the stock tune
Overall for what the car is and price point it does what's needed, looks great, build feels good and drives well enough

20230121_164318.jpg

I'll be modding so I know what's there and the potential for what I'll be doing.
Dealer didn't haven't any new info other than allocation numbers are starting to filter through to the dealers etc.
He'd compile what info he could for me to email Monday as it was close to close.
All Just depends on how much more of a wait it'll be whether I stay on board as I've said I have other options.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Took my dealers demo out for run being as it's the same colour as my order.
Notes:-
It's very soft, def needs stiffer springs or coilovers if you're used to sportier rides.
Auto is very underwhelming glad I ordered a manual.
Stereo is fine for my needs.
Interior is fine for what it is, the 8" infotainment is abit pov but acceptable.
It's not that quick, it's decent enough for a stock car but def abit doughie on the stock tune
Overall for what the car is and price point it does what's needed, looks great, build feels good and drives well enough

20230121_164318.jpg

I'll be modding so I know what's there and the potential for what I'll be doing.
Dealer didn't haven't any new info other than allocation numbers are starting to filter through to the dealers etc.
He'd compile what info he could for me to email Monday as it was close to close.
All Just depends on how much more of a wait it'll be whether I stay on board as I've said I have other options.
Quickā€¦were we test driving the same car?
Look Iā€™ll admit, Iā€™m not gonna track and Iā€™m no speed demon. But that car can move, unless your tracking it doesnā€™t need to be any quicker, because at one point (when the dealer was driving it first) Iā€™m pretty sure I almost wet my pants .šŸ¤£

Manual for me was great, short gear throws IMO and engaging.
It was a little quite for my liking but a very nice hum at higher revs
With the first allocations and ETAs finally starting to roll in, it will be interesting to see how long it takes to satisfy most of the pre orders

2in2out

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FG Turbo Ute
Occupation
Firefighter
Quickā€¦were we test driving the same car?
Look Iā€™ll admit, Iā€™m not gonna track and Iā€™m no speed demon. But that car can move, unless your tracking it doesnā€™t need to be any quicker, because at one point (when the dealer was driving it first) Iā€™m pretty sure I almost wet my pants .šŸ¤£

Manual for me was great, short gear throws IMO and engaging.
It was a little quite for my liking but a very nice hum at higher revs
With the first allocations and ETAs finally starting to roll in, it will be interesting to see how long it takes to satisfy most of the pre orders
Lol We were driving the same car I'm just used to faster better handling cars. Even my current daily just to tide me over is 350rwkw and that's still "ok" lol,
I've been corrupted, I race Karts and bikes, never really had something that was slow.
By all means it's decent and a great car and will suit more than most buyers as is, I know the platform an potential it has with a few tweaks to make it what I want