Hands Up all the Aussies

loudsx

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
66stang, 70galant, 96200SX, 98GS300, 02XR6, 08mini
If you've got some ideas on it I'm all ears. I'm handy enough with removing panels and even on a soldering iron, but unfortunately I'm not electrically minded enough to know if I can simply splice into existing ports, or need to relocate them altogether.

Happy to lump it onto my car audio guys though, they are pretty handy with all that sort of stuff.

Can't remember if you straight up said it, or if I was just interpreting what you were saying, but I think you made a comment that Nissan had set this thing up perfectly for it's intended purpose.
That kinda resonated with me. It is NOT a hard nosed track car straight out of the factory. It's quick, but also comfortable and compliant.
what I was thinking, so it was 100% reversible

buy another one of the USB plates from the centre console.
cut it down to just the USB-C connector
pull the plug off the current UCB-c and plug into new panel stashed behind the dash now.
then just run a USB-C extension under the centre console to the cubby

I would loose the every day usage of the UCB-C but leaves me with the normal one anyhow
and it's just a matter of pulling the panel off if I ever got o sell and plug it back to normal.

I would imagine any compentent auto electrican could splice one in, but I also know (from experience) how things can go wrong in modern cars when that starts happening.

loudsx

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
66stang, 70galant, 96200SX, 98GS300, 02XR6, 08mini
1666564341734.png

Just buy a BRZ, those Subaru guys know where to put things. :D
does that work for car play?

wifes subaru only ahs one conenctor under the head unit for carplay all the others are power only.

that also said it does wireless carplay so it's actually not that important.

Reactions: Mud

Mud

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 370Z, 2023 Z
Can't remember if you straight up said it, or if I was just interpreting what you were saying, but I think you made a comment that Nissan had set this thing up perfectly for it's intended purpose.
That kinda resonated with me. It is NOT a hard nosed track car straight out of the factory. It's quick, but also comfortable and compliant.
Yeah that's what I said, but I guess it's intended purpose could be interpreted differently by different people.
It's perfect for my intended purpose. Commuting a couple of days a week, and weekend getaways.
I think that's what Nissan intended? It's a bit of an everyday GT car.
It's the second best car Nissan make and we should compare it to the second best cars of other manufacturers, not their best.

It just feels like a newer Z. (370Z). Maybe there is less difference between an 20/21 370Z and a 2022Z. But everything just feels a little bit better. More power, lighter steering, less noise.

Last edited:

Mud

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 370Z, 2023 Z
A couple of more observations
  • Stereo is definitely lacking bass. I assume due to lack of spare wheel acting as an enclosure. Really lacking. I went to adjust the settings and someone had already set it to max bass.
  • @Proto Z was kind enough to let me have a sit. The manual gearbox (engine off) feels silky smooth.
  • Twin turbskies are thirsty. Went through more than a qtr tank quickly with pretty tame driving (raining all day)
  • The interior map light is a part directly taken from the 370Z and keeps the ORANGE ambient interior light. All the switchgear, doors buttons etc in the 370Z are orange. All the switchgear in new Z has been changed to white, so this ambient light seems very out of place, with the blue / white hues of the dash lights etc. The interior is NOT bathed in orange light, just seems weird they didn't change to something else
excuse shakey/blury orange light, was taken while driving
received_804269384053417.jpeg
received_1073815616663125.jpeg

Last edited:

Fontana

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Forget the Z Proto, the Nismo 370Z is the next best thing lol

69E5692B-6E1F-457C-BA0D-CA93606C5488.png

morgand

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bus
Maybe 33km ?
Yeah. Poor sod, probably thought storing a 370Z Nismo would be a good investment. Maybe in 10 years time, however with a New Z Nismo almost inevitable at some point, it's a bit of a gamble. :)

BrokenZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mclaren, Megane RS300 Trophy, Navara Warrior
Decided to cancel my order and get my deposit refunded

I ordered my Z in Oct 2021 because I wanted a new Manual RWD for track, some drift, and as a spare car. Put down a $2k deposit. Earlier this year the dealer rang me saying he could now enter the order in the Nissan System, and asked if I wanted a proto, or standard Z. I ordered white with black roof, and manual.

However as time as passed (and the higher then expected price, average performance against its peers, and lack of updates from Nissan AU with ETA) I realised this is not the right car for me. I really want a cheaper balanced RWD manual sports car with rear seats, and space for track wheels, so I have ordered a BRZ

Dealer said they will still offer me the car when it arrives which is good of them.

Last edited:

morgand

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bus
I really want a cheaper balanced RWD manual sports car with rear seats, and space for track wheels, so I have ordered a BRZ
Great choice, I ordered one as well about a month ago. Subaru HQ so far have been awesome to deal with, and I am very confident on the delivery schedule. :)

Reactions: Mud