First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z, Qashqai
Occupation
Metallurgist
A teacher at the school here had a certain model Tucson on order for some months, when she went in to enquire about the car there just happened to be the same model and color she wanted, other customers finance had fallen through, dealer asked her if she wanted it an could pay that day, she took it.
Sometimes you just have to be at the right place and time.

loudsx

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
66stang, 70galant, 96200SX, 98GS300, 02XR6, 08mini
I ahve always been told never get first year of a new model..

guess that's working out for everyone at this rate...MY24 in 3,2,1

cainen

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FiestaST, TX3 Turbo, Tiguan R-Line, Proto Z
I ahve always been told never get first year of a new model..
I have the first retail registered Mk7 Fiesta ST in Aus (for some reason the dealer let me take delivery a few days before the release date). Has never missed a beat!

loudsx

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My parents got one of the first Gen2 Tiguan that came into AU.

2 gear boxes and an engine in the first 12 months.

Only new car anyone in our family had in over 30 years!

That's not my reason for not buying new, I just love beaters I don't have to care about!
But after my wife got sick of cars breaking down (looking at you mini) she kicked me out of the house and told me not to come home till I ordered a new car.
(I may have then gone and bought another beater a few weeks later ;) )

loudsx

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My parents got one of the first Gen2 Tiguan that came into AU.

2 gear boxes and an engine in the first 12 months.

Only new car anyone in our family had in over 30 years!

That's not my reason for not buying new, I just love beaters I don't have to care about!
But after my wife got sick of cars breaking down (looking at you mini) she kicked me out of the house and told me not to come home till I ordered a new car.
(I may have then gone and bought another beater a few weeks later ;) )
oh for that tiguan, they moved from the DSG to a normal auto after the first model year...wonder why

Proto Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi SQ7
You’re too late, we’ve been driven to insanity and turned on each other. It’s going to be a long and slow healing process.
Come on... lets all hug it out!

oh for that tiguan, they moved from the DSG to a normal auto after the first model year...wonder why
Not sure which year model you are referring to, but I bought the manual tiguan in 2012 and exactly 3 days after warranty was up the intake manifold 'went'. Not even sure what that means... or how something like that goes on a non-performance car.
I did some digging, there was a recall/extended warranty (TSB?) offered on that exact part for both Audi and VW (shared part) worldwide.... EXCEPT Australia.

I complained, threatened, etc for about a month before I ran out of steam... paid $3200 for the fix and vowed never to buy from the VW group again.
2 Audi's later... *sigh* The mind is strong, but the body is weak.

Last edited:

loudsx

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
so it was Tiguan 132

it was the 2012 tiguan "facelift" which bought new gearboxes.

Looks like I was confused it was the other way they had the auto and it went back to DSG

so 2011 prefacelift
7 speed DSG
https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/de...si-5n-auto-4motion-my12/OAG-AD-20823858/?Cr=5

2012 first year facelift (what my folks got)
6 speed Tiptronic Auto
https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/de...ic-5n-auto-4motion-my13/SSE-AD-12232131/?Cr=2

back to 7speed DSG
https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/de...-5n-auto-4motion-my13-5/SSE-AD-13547245/?Cr=6

loudsx

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
88 is an old build

some of the press cars were in the 90's

Mud

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 370Z, 2023 Z
Did we know Eagers Newstead (Brisbane) has a Boulder Grey inside.
Demo I assume.

morgand

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NISMO Z
Might check it out, I haven't been sure about that colour, however I think it always comes across better in the flesh.

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
Thanks will check it out too, save driving out to Ipswich.

Mud

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 370Z, 2023 Z
Went and saw my dealer again today.
He had a pow wow with HQ today.

Insert disclaimer here - all info below could be right, could be wrong, maybe I just made it up?

• there's been some kind of notice to dealers in the USA
  • there's not been any kind of notice in Aus
  • they guess cars are not coming to Aus because of said USA notice and Nissan JP are checking them all
After some discussion with my dealer we came to the conclusion who the fuck knows what they're doing.
Do we really think all our cars were made and ready to go, just sitting around. And someone in the USA had an issue with their transmission. And Nissan JP says to themselves
"shit lucky we had them all just sitting here and hadn't sent them"
I still think remaining Protos and Coupes just haven't been made for some reason.

Also dealer noted 192 Protos for Aus, not sure how that lines up with what other have heard.

Also they believe a Blue Demo was stolen (perhaps from Brown Plains). Guy asked to sit in driver seat, hopped in locked doors before dealer could get in and took off. Apparently guy has been caught but vehicle remains unrecovered. Might be world first stolen Z :). I know the youtubers love their world firsts.

Last edited:

Ballast Scorcher

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan 300zx z32 Mitsubishi Triton MR
Occupation
Locomotive Driver
Bloody hell, a few days go by and all hell seems to have broken loose!

@West Aussie has bailed, eh? Hopefully not for good; she was a good egg whom only had our best interests at heart, I think. Though to be fair, this process has certainly not been the easiest thing to endure at times and patience is sorely tested.

@Mud thanks for the update bud, and your integrity certainly isn't in question 😉👍 Stolen demos though, eh? Having a Z for an Xmas morning strap does certainly appeal... 😁

My dealer (midland, WA) is still giving me the silent treatment. I don't mind the chase from him playing hard to get, I guess. It's probably half the fun of the wait if I'm honest 😅

All you lot still going alright? No thoughts of anyone else bailing, I hope? Now bloody Mums abandoned us, my heart simply cannot take it 🤣