Hands Up all the Aussies

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
Seriously. Who in their right mind would pay 150k for this.
No one. Since digging at Midland City I've received plenty of calls and emails saying they’re happy to negotiate on price. I imagine they're questioning their gamble.

Zzzz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan Z
No one. Since digging at Midland City I've received plenty of calls and emails saying they’re happy to negotiate on price. I imagine they're questioning their gamble.
Wonder how much they paid for it.

loudsx

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
66stang, 70galant, 96200SX, 98GS300, 02XR6, 08mini
The last manual they had for advertised for 108ish
They bought from Vic for 98
Add in shipping

maybe made 8-7 if got asking price

this is insane.

(at least that’s what the seller told me)

Zzzz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan Z
The last manual they had for advertised for 108ish
They bought from Vic for 98
Add in shipping

maybe made 8-7 if got asking price

this is insane.

(at least that’s what the seller told me)
it’s nuts. Wonder if anyone would swap me for a manual lol.

Last edited:

morgand

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NISMO Z
I pretty much spelled it out…
None so deaf as those who don’t want to hear. ;)

It’s a first gen car, a parts bin special. It has some problems and as you have said won’t start to arrive until early next year.

Parts of the manual gearbox are not up to the task of the increased power. Second gear suffers more abuse than most cogs. 😊

Proto Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi SQ7
None so deaf as those who don’t want to hear. ;)

It’s a first gen car, a parts bin special. It has some problems and as you have said won’t start to arrive until early next year.

Parts of the manual gearbox are not up to the task of the increased power. Second gear suffers more abuse than most cogs. 😊
I want to hear... Very much. Never got the answers to my questions though.

This is confirmed then? By Nissan Australia, in an official memo or stop sale to dealers?

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
This is confirmed then? By Nissan Australia, in an official memo or stop sale to dealers?
There’s a pattern of certain dealerships throughout this thread that have consistently fed our members with guesses and assumptions presented as facts. While I’m sure it’s not malicious, it has caused the majority of anguish.

morgand

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NISMO Z
Hmm, so the assumption is that based on no apparent communications from Nissan Australia to some dealerships, it’s clearly only a problem with the US spec 6 speed manual, not the AU spec one? That’s lucky. 😂😂
TBH, these types of notifications are not really a big deal. Happens more than people realise. What it does mean is that there will be added delays. Which we are all sensitive too. Once you’ve run in your Z a bit more it will be good to know whether the 370z gearbox quirks still exist, especially with rev matching turned off.

Last edited:

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
Hmm, so the assumption is that based on no apparent communications from Nissan Australia to some dealerships, it’s clearly only a problem with the US spec 6 speed manual, not the AU spec one? That’s lucky.
I havn't seen anyone deny the well documented issues surrounding the 2nd gear synchromesh and I think we can all agree it's better Nissan fix affected cars (potentially all) now rather than down the track.

But from my investigation there hasn't yet been a memo, bulletin or notice about this (or delays) issued to the Australian dealership network, hence why the majority of customers are in the dark.

Proto Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi SQ7
Hmm, so the assumption is that based on no apparent communications from Nissan Australia to some dealerships, it’s clearly only a problem with the US spec 6 speed manual, not the AU spec one? That’s lucky. 😂😂
TBH, these types of notifications are not really a big deal. Happens more than people realise. What it does mean is that there will be added delays. Which we are all sensitive too. Once you’ve run in your Z a bit more it will be good to know whether the 370z gearbox quirks still exist, especially with rev matching turned off.
Hol'up...
The US memo said they are investigating a customer complaint, not that they have identified an issue and working on a fix. (As they did for the Auto). AFAIK that's it.. that's the communication that we here are basing these assumptions off of.
Like, I get what you are saying about being naive, but unless there is some rock solid info you are sitting on, aren't you just guessing yourself?

Once again, personal opinion time... I think a better explanation is that dealerships have latched onto the US memo and started using that as an excuse to customers in lieu of Nissan Australia not being able to give them delivery updates.
"There is a recall, it's getting fixed, cars will be perfect" sounds a lot neater than "I'm sorry we've got no idea when your car will be here"

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
@morgand as someone who works within the dealership network, surely you have more insight than us plebs into if there's been an update. Why not just clear it up?

*edit I'm not even asking for details of said elusive memo!

Last edited:

Proto Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi SQ7
@morgand as someone who works within the dealership network, surely you have more insight than us plebs into if there's been an update. Why not just clear it up?

*edit I'm not even asking for details of said elusive memo!
Yep, all I'm looking for as well.

I'll take your word for it, don't need screenshots or anything, but I am looking for someone to say "Nissan Australia have said this:..." Or "Nissan Global have said this:..."

peter

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z, Qashqai
Occupation
Metallurgist
when I bought my Mitsubishi Cordia turbo back in 1984, on the drive home from the dealer it kept popping out of 5th, was not impressed. Dealer said ok to drive just keep it out of 5th gear. A few days later car stopped and seized on the highway, lost all it fluids, towed to Mitsubishi.
when I went to check on repair progress there were about 6 cordia's in the workshop, all with the same problem, dealer was waiting on a fix from japan.
Moral of the story sometimes its better to wait for a problem to be fixed rather than rush to market, believe me paying for a car getting it delivered and then waiting for a fix is not worth it

Mud

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 370Z, 2023 Z
@Proto Z

Ok I guy I work with, that knows I've been waiting a long time for my Z just messaged me to say:

" I think you're being played. I know someone who ordered the new Nissan Z 2 weeks ago and they picked it up on Saturday
30_f.png
"

Then he sends me a pic from his friend of the other Newstead Proto

1665380737057.png

I tried to tell him it must have been ordered ages ago and perhaps something is being lost in the story, but he is adamant the guy knows the dealer and only purchased it because it just became available
So someone cancelled their Proto order last minute?

Ok, turns out this was indeed miscommunication.
The dude had ordered his 18+ months ago.
Sorry for ruffling everyone's feathers ;)

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
Ok, turns out this was indeed miscommunication.
The dude had ordered his 18+ months ago.
Sorry for ruffling everyone's feathers ;)
You’re too late, we’ve been driven to insanity and turned on each other. It’s going to be a long and slow healing process.