Hands Up all the Aussies

Sam_AusZ32

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993 JDM Fairlady Z32 TT, MT, 2+2
I'll admit, probably like a lot of us- I've looked at every other option under the sun and it all pales in comparison.
I'm not bailing yet, although an update from Nissan Aus would be nice!

@West Aussie, I know you're still checking in on the thread. It's not the same, logging on without seeing your username in my alerts.
Hope you're doing okay đź‘Ś

Proto Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi SQ7
Went and saw my dealer again today.
He had a pow wow with HQ today.

Insert disclaimer here - all info below could be right, could be wrong, maybe I just made it up?

• there's been some kind of notice to dealers in the USA
  • there's not been any kind of notice in Aus
  • they guess cars are not coming to Aus because of said USA notice and Nissan JP are checking them all
After some discussion with my dealer we came to the conclusion who the fuck knows what they're doing.
Do we really think all our cars were made and ready to go, just sitting around. And someone in the USA had an issue with their transmission. And Nissan JP says to themselves
"shit lucky we had them all just sitting here and hadn't sent them"
I still think remaining Protos and Coupes just haven't been made for some reason.

Also dealer noted 192 Protos for Aus, not sure how that lines up with what other have heard.

Also they believe a Blue Demo was stolen (perhaps from Brown Plains). Guy asked to sit in driver seat, hopped in locked doors before dealer could get in and took off. Apparently guy has been caught but vehicle remains unrecovered. Might be world first stolen Z :). I know the youtubers love their world firsts.
Great info, thanks mate.
Won't hold you or your dealer to any of it, but does appear to align (yet again) with what was speculated.

That stolen demo... lol!

Also, for all of us here missing out on wireless Android Auto... I managed to get a hold of a Motorola MA1. https://motorolasound.com/audio-products/android-auto/ma1
Works absolutely perfectly (so far), connects as fast as cable, and kinda fits well in a little groove above the USB ports.
I'll try to get a pic in the morning, but just wanted to report in that so far it is working well.

Might also try to get a wireless charging pad next for the phone holder next to the usb ports as discussed in one of the other threads.

morgand

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bus
Do we really think all our cars were made and ready to go, just sitting around. And someone in the USA had an issue with their transmission. And Nissan JP says to themselves
"shit lucky we had them all just sitting here and hadn't sent them"
Those damn litigious American's. ha ha ha ha.

Perhaps made worse by the fact that it would be difficult to argue it wasn't a known issue, and the high price point building higher expectations on quality. I would have thought they would have redesigned the synchro mechanism. Maybe they have, I haven't really been across any of the fixes, though rev matching is a way to assist synchronisation.

May not be the last issue to delay delivery. Like someone said, I'd rather wait and have any issues addressed at the factory. :) Let's just hope there isn't a WWIII, otherwise we are sunk. :D

Reactions: Mud

Mud

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 370Z, 2023 Z
Those damn litigious American's. ha ha ha ha.

Perhaps made worse by the fact that it would be difficult to argue it wasn't a known issue, and the high price point building higher expectations on quality. I would have thought they would have redesigned the synchro mechanism. Maybe they have, I haven't really been across any of the fixes, though rev matching is a way to assist synchronisation.

May not be the last issue to delay delivery. Like someone said, I'd rather wait and have any issues addressed at the factory. :) Let's just hope there isn't a WWIII, otherwise we are sunk. :D
My point was, if the cars were actually made, they would've been put on a boat and on their way.
Not sittin' on the dock of the bay, wastin' time.

loudsx

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
66stang, 70galant, 96200SX, 98GS300, 02XR6, 08mini
Fun fact

tyres on new proto delievered to AU have tires with a date code of over 12 months ago.

by time real cars arrive there are going to be 18 month old rubber on each car!

dackoo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Type R - FN2
Occupation
Engineer
Hey @dackoo, I noticed yours is dated October 11, when did you actually receive it?
Just in passing i contacted my dealer on the 17th Oct. I received a reply from them saying that their stock controller had received the letter attached and had i received it too.

I hadn't and still haven't received anything from Nissan Australia except what the dealer passes onto me.

I was just lucky that i touched base with him.

I'm still not holding my breath for Feb 23, given the way this is playing out. But now that i've waited this long i'm comfortable just waiting. Still have a trusty 14yr old Civic type R which is good for everyday use in the meantime

peter

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z, Qashqai
Occupation
Metallurgist
Had some migrane pain this week and a CT showed a brain bleed, no other symptoms
The neurosurgeon said I won't be able to drive for 3 to 6 months after surgery.
At this stage the car delivery is the least important thing on my mind.
As someone said before, it's only a car

Ballast Scorcher

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan 300zx z32 Mitsubishi Triton MR
Occupation
Locomotive Driver
Just in passing i contacted my dealer on the 17th Oct. I received a reply from them saying that their stock controller had received the letter attached and had i received it too.

I hadn't and still haven't received anything from Nissan Australia except what the dealer passes onto me.

I was just lucky that i touched base with him.

I'm still not holding my breath for Feb 23, given the way this is playing out. But now that i've waited this long i'm comfortable just waiting. Still have a trusty 14yr old Civic type R which is good for everyday use in the meantime
Ha, I actually emailed my dealer on the 17th of October aswell, however, I didn't receive anything back as of yet.

It's a shame nissan aus isn't reaching out directly, especially given the relatively small number of proto customers to contact.

I'm hearing you regarding the forecast delivery though, I reckon Feb would be best case scenario at this point.

dackoo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Type R - FN2
Occupation
Engineer
Ha, I actually emailed my dealer on the 17th of October aswell, however, I didn't receive anything back as of yet.

It's a shame nissan aus isn't reaching out directly, especially given the relatively small number of proto customers to contact.

I'm hearing you regarding the forecast delivery though, I reckon Feb would be best case scenario at this point.
I have to say I'm happy with my dealership and sales contact here in WA, given that past conversations with them has enlightened me to the fact that they really don't sell that many Nissan's given supply issues. Everytime i email/phone them they do return my calls...may not have much of an update but do respond.

As to Nissan Australia, I guess if they do know more and it's not the best news they may be reluctant to tell their customers.

I previously worked for Jaguar in the UK back in 2000 in design and when we released a new car, if there were issues it was a given not to tell the customer, but to rectify the fault during the first service. When not safety related of course.

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
Had some migrane pain this week and a CT showed a brain bleed, no other symptoms
The neurosurgeon said I won't be able to drive for 3 to 6 months after surgery.
At this stage the car delivery is the least important thing on my mind.
As someone said before, it's only a car
That's rough news mate, certainly puts things into perspective. Wishing you a speedy recovery.