Hands Up all the Aussies

Mud

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 370Z, 2023 Z

Made it to Cars and Coffee this morning.
Not many Cars and zero Coffee. But good to see some Zs out in the wild.

20221023_084457.jpg
20221023_085101.jpg
20221023_085146.jpg
20221023_092914.jpg
20221023_104555.jpg
20221023_111244.jpg

Last edited:

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
Made it to Cars and Coffee this morning.
Not many Cars and zero Coffee. But good to see some Zs out in the wild.
Ok I'm now officially jealous! Since ordering I've had this little dream of driving the first Z to Brissy Cars and Coffee. Such is life. I'm in the US for a month, hopefully can make it to one over here.

Proto Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi SQ7
Ok I'm now officially jealous! Since ordering I've had this little dream of driving the first Z to Brissy Cars and Coffee. Such is life. I'm in the US for a month, hopefully can make it to one over here.
Sorry mate! 🤣
You can be first at the Coorparoo one?

Glad to see the genuine Z enthusiasts come out, despite the elements.
Good group of people!

Proto Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi SQ7
whilst I like the idea

personally most of my driving I have the phone plugged in anyhow so unless I have wireless charge and sync not much point.

That said for me this will be a weekender.

I would just prefer the outlet to be in the centre console so I can have everything tucked away.

that said for people daily driving I get it.
I'm going to put a wireless pad under the phone holder too. I don't really need it, but just want to see if it can be done.
Was talking to Mud about it today too - he had some ideas on tapping power off the 12volt on the passenger side and/or accessing the back of the USB to hide these dongles behind the dash.

Mud

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 370Z, 2023 Z
That too was my dream.. was not as special as it could've been. Rainy, not a lot of cars , driving a loaner and sharing the limelight with a beautiful proto.
But soon we will have our own cars.
I went for a good long drive this arvo. Brisbane City, Mt Cootha, Fortitude Valley, Bulimba and Manly.

loudsx

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
66stang, 70galant, 96200SX, 98GS300, 02XR6, 08mini
That too was my dream.. was not as special as it could've been. Rainy, not a lot of cars , driving a loaner and sharing the limelight with a beautiful proto.
But soon we will have our own cars.
I went for a good long drive this arvo. Brisbane City, Mt Cootha, Fortitude Valley, Bulimba and Manly.
how many KM did they say you could put on it?

loudsx

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
66stang, 70galant, 96200SX, 98GS300, 02XR6, 08mini
I'm going to put a wireless pad under the phone holder too. I don't really need it, but just want to see if it can be done.
Was talking to Mud about it today too - he had some ideas on tapping power off the 12volt on the passenger side and/or accessing the back of the USB to hide these dongles behind the dash.
so that would def work.

I would love to be able tohave a airplay/android capable plug in the centre console storage.

that way it won't go flying when the roads get fun.

a rental mustang in the USA had it once asn it was so good.

so yeah I might be doing similar off the rear of the usb but linking it back to the storage cubby.

Reactions: Mud

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
how many KM did they say you could put on it?
They couldn't ask for better advertising. I genuinely hope that they get plenty more orders.

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
It's an auto.
And for some reason I loved it.
If I had to guess, it’s because you were finally able to drive the damn thing. It’s been a long wait for everyone, we all just want to scratch the itch already - no matter what form the relief comes in.

Reactions: Mud

Proto Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi SQ7
so that would def work.

I would love to be able tohave a airplay/android capable plug in the centre console storage.

that way it won't go flying when the roads get fun.

a rental mustang in the USA had it once asn it was so good.

so yeah I might be doing similar off the rear of the usb but linking it back to the storage cubby.
If you've got some ideas on it I'm all ears. I'm handy enough with removing panels and even on a soldering iron, but unfortunately I'm not electrically minded enough to know if I can simply splice into existing ports, or need to relocate them altogether.

Happy to lump it onto my car audio guys though, they are pretty handy with all that sort of stuff.

It's an auto.
And for some reason I loved it.
Can't remember if you straight up said it, or if I was just interpreting what you were saying, but I think you made a comment that Nissan had set this thing up perfectly for it's intended purpose.
That kinda resonated with me. It is NOT a hard nosed track car straight out of the factory. It's quick, but also comfortable and compliant.