Hands Up all the Aussies

cainen

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FiestaST, TX3 Turbo, Tiguan R-Line, Proto Z
My take on the roof saga is that to me it looks like around the hatch is some kind of wrap but it seems like the actual roof is painted black. Not that I have any expertise whatsoever.

Hammo25

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi A5
Okā€¦so had to drop son off to his refereeing job, decided to grab some fresh bread (@Hammo25 if youā€™ve not been to Miller and Baker on Lake street you are missing out) and because it was only a couple minutes out of the way thought Iā€™d drop into the dealership to meet my new salesman (the 5th) and see if I could get any info.

Dealer number 5s name is Tass, he is the only dealer that appears to have survived the wait and was completely lovely. He has promised me he has now taken on all the outstanding back orders and is working hard to try and do the right thing by customers.
In all honestly guys, I feel sorry for the dealersā€¦if itā€™s been hard on us, itā€™s been just as hard if not harder on them, dealing with all the fall out from the wait canā€™t be easy.

Anyhowā€¦at present there is no after market ā€œapprovedā€ exhaust ā€¦so yes if we want it louder we must go to a third party, they didnā€™t want to say on record if it would or wouldnā€™t affect your warranty
Today I went to look at the reverse camera (agree with othersā€¦for a car this price it ainā€™t great) and the sound system ā€¦which is ok but also not great and will need a boost (probs the only thing I will upgrade in the carā€¦at least for the first year)

I then asked about this ā€œquarantine issueā€.
They agree that there had been a delay caused by quarantine, but also believe that cars are now flowing quite well into Australia. They are taking approx 15 days (give or take a few) to get from port to dealer (in WA) ā€¦and importantly they do not believe that Nissan has stopped sending cars. In fact itā€™s the opposite.
The car lot certainly looks far fuller than Iā€™ve ever seen it and they have a good selection of anything but the Z to buy. Tass did seem a bit puzzled as to why they havenā€™t sent more Zs along with the Pathfinders ect especially when many have been made (as per their system) but is very hopeful that the cars should arrive on time, or close to it.

Finally the demo model, can be sold in June apparently. BUT because cars that are coming are allocated to customers, and order they want would go to the back of the line meaning they will almost certainly not sell and keep it as the demo.

All in all I came home feeling much more positive all be it a bit more bummed about the sound system. But at least that can be fixedā€¦.if only I could get the car
Thanks for the heads up on the bread. 3 more sleeps for me before I take delivery (direct to house).

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Thanks for the heads up on the bread. 3 more sleeps for me before I take delivery (direct to house).
Direct delivery hey..getting the gold class treatment

I think Iā€™d rather pick it up ā€¦ainā€™t driving it out till Iā€™ve had a good look over it all

Hammo25

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi A5
Direct delivery hey..getting the gold class treatment

I think Iā€™d rather pick it up ā€¦ainā€™t driving it out till Iā€™ve had a good look over it all
Still another 3.5 weeks until Iā€™m allowed to drive with this bloody broken hand!

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Still another 3.5 weeks until Iā€™m allowed to drive with this bloody broken hand!
Yeah I knowā€¦was just teasing.
Guess what, my youngest is a goal keeper.
Think he may if broken his hand tonightā€¦but he refuses to go to hospital till tomorrow because itā€™s the grand final tomorrow afternoon šŸ˜ž

drunkntigr

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hilux
Yep I work in a car paint shop. The amount of people who come in with red cars asking for touch up paint and then coming back and complaining itā€™s not the right colour, itā€™s because their original colour is so faded it doesnā€™t look like the original colour
What about yellow cars?

loudsx

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
66stang, 70galant, 96200SX, 98GS300, 02XR6, 08mini
So chatting to a mate who was dropping of his 180sx off for storage here for a bit

his wifeā€™s Kona N has been sitting off shore for over a month. Then told at least 3weeks to clear customs.

so no wonder companies are shipping their higher turn over cars over ones like ours.

drunkntigr

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hilux
yep same problem with yellow cars. Very prone to fade, just as bad as red if left in sun all the time
Nah literally going to have mine garaged if not on the road, and most of the time i drive would be early morning or late at night most of the time.

I don't think paint oxidises just in air does it?

Hammo25

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi A5
updateā€¦yep, he broke his hand.
Played his grand finalā€¦with it broken.
Lost grand final 3-2 just to rub salt into the wounds.
Now in a cast..right hand šŸ¤¦šŸ¼ā€ā™€ļø
I was going to say that it was a bad idea - but I know what itā€™s like. Iā€™m a few weeks ahead of him at least. Hope heā€™s ok.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I was going to say that it was a bad idea - but I know what itā€™s like. Iā€™m a few weeks ahead of him at least. Hope heā€™s ok.
I knew it was a bad ideaā€¦.but a 16 year old boy has his own mind (which is goodā€¦and badšŸ˜–) and he is their only goal keeper. I donā€™t think he did any further damageā€¦it was already swollen and bruised
Luckily Dr said it looks very stable

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
So chatting to a mate who was dropping of his 180sx off for storage here for a bit

his wifeā€™s Kona N has been sitting off shore for over a month. Then told at least 3weeks to clear customs.

so no wonder companies are shipping their higher turn over cars over ones like ours.
Disagreeā€¦My Nissans got like 20-30 cars ( maybe more) sitting in the dealership.
Unsold.
Yet they canā€™t get the money for a sold Z because they are not being delivered
The dealership Iā€™m at, at present only expects two for the foreseeable future.
So whilst the margin maybe lowerā€¦itā€™s still a margin and a dealer delivery fee that they are nit getting from the 20 sitting idol on the lot

ZZ2022

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2008 R35 GTR
Nah literally going to have mine garaged if not on the road, and most of the time i drive would be early morning or late at night most of the time.

I don't think paint oxidises just in air does it?
Itā€™s the UV from the sun which destroys the paint. So as long as itā€™s out of the sun most the time, it will be fine