Only three car carriers leaving Yokohama and docking in Port Kembla this month

Hammo25

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi A5
I rang to check status today and was told I had moved up the dealer list to the next blue manual that they get in, but who knows how long that will be. While we were talking asked if I was interested in a gun metallic manual that they had coming, the Z does look good in this colour but its also the same as my Qashqai. I figure as we are pay 80k plus we might as well get the colour we like.
I think some larger dealers are getting some extra cars that somehow are unallocated to orders this may be due to shipping/logistic issues and cancelled orders, who knows what Nissan Australia is doing
Looks like they did a first run of Gun Metallics.

morgand

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NISMO Z
My car has been ready to go since last Friday. Finally travelling to Melbourne on Saturday to pick it up. A wee bit excited. I feel a little bad for not having rushed down earlierā€¦ šŸ˜‡

morgand

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NISMO Z
With exhaust I am thinking Iā€™ll try to pickup the bimodal auto exhaust from an overseas model. I imagine lots will remove them for more sound. I am all about keeping things stockā€™ish. You know, elderly gentleman only driving it to church on Sundaysā€¦. šŸ˜‚

Hammo25

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi A5
With exhaust I am thinking Iā€™ll try to pickup the bimodal auto exhaust from an overseas model. I imagine lots will remove them for more sound. I am all about keeping things stockā€™ish. You know, elderly gentleman only driving it to church on Sundaysā€¦. šŸ˜‚
Is the bimodal the one on the auto? If so thatā€™s a great idea as long as itā€™s fits with the different transmission. I assume it will as I donā€™t see the aftermarket ones showing different version for manual or auto. Or am I missing something?

Hammo25

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi A5
Ordered new plates. Canā€™t live with the standard ones. Have orders white on black VR 30 WA. Imagine this with a 30 instead of 31 (I didnā€™t take a snap before I purchased)
Looks great @Hammo25
Congratulations.

Yeah the number plates donā€™t do anything for it ehā€¦back ones not too bad but front šŸ¤¢
Iā€™ve put off ordering mine because Iā€™m still not 100% Iā€™ll ever get it šŸ¤£
Three weeks is a long time to wait just for a nice drive.
Itā€™s gonna drive you nuts
I ordered new ones tonight. The standard ones really do look awful.

70239008253__D41AE39C-D5BE-4C30-A9E2-AC78E58B1F8F.jpeg

theboosh

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
XV
Not at the same time but I think I will afterwards. There is another place in Sydney that does Dyno + Ecutek tune for just under $2k. Does that sound reasonable? I haven't put a car on the dyno before.
Not really sure, sorry! Good luck with the exhaust though, from the clips online that one sounds great.

morgand

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NISMO Z
Is the bimodal the one on the auto? If so thatā€™s a great idea as long as itā€™s fits with the different transmission. I assume it will as I donā€™t see the aftermarket ones showing different version for manual or auto. Or am I missing something?
Yes it is. It's actuated in sport mode.

Mine is an auto, to old and slow to paddle the gears myself, ha ha. So should just plug and pray to some extent.

Plus did I mention the auto's are faster to you manual guys before. :D

loudsx

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
66stang, 70galant, 96200SX, 98GS300, 02XR6, 08mini

Mine is an auto, to old and slow to paddle the gears myself, ha ha. So should just plug and pray to some extent.

Plus did I mention the auto's are faster to you manual guys before. :D
in a straight line......

cainen

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FiestaST, TX3 Turbo, Tiguan R-Line, Proto Z
Leave the auto vs manual thing to the facebook gronks šŸ˜

Is the exhaust actually bi-modal overseas?

Mine, in sport mode, does change the sound inside but I'm pretty sure it's artificial and the sound outside doesn't change. The auto exhaust definitely sounds better than the manual though. Something to do with the way they test manuals and autos differently for compliance.

loudsx

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
66stang, 70galant, 96200SX, 98GS300, 02XR6, 08mini
they have a proto jsut lying around as well?