Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
I highly doubt that.
Wasn't the Evo 104 in the 1/4?
The new Z runs away at 112 or 116.
Quicker, not faster. I ran a 12.1 bone stock. My fastest trap stock was a 106.

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Occupation
Litigator
I don't understand the point of this argument. You can do a lot of things to a car by dumping money in it but it still doesn't change the fact that the car from factory underperforms compared to cars in the same-ish price range. There are just as many people who don't want to touch the tune and stuff as people who will dump money to the car to make it a street race hero, especially when straight line performance is literally the first thing that 99% of the people care about.
My point is that looking those times is irrelevant in my view as enthusiast (as I assume most others on here are as well) since 1. I never keep anything stock, 2. so many variables can change those times. To your point, anything can be made better with $$$, and yes most buyers will not touch the car. However, you can upgrade the intakes sans tune and lower those times. Is it slower off the showroom floor than a Supra? Yes, that's clear. Do enthusiasts such as myself really care since we're going to likely spend $10k-$15k on top of the purchase price? Not at all.

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
BRZ/86 didn't go up that much. Neither did the C8 (even coming from the C7). Inflation doesn't equal a $10k+ price hike.
And the Q50 didn't jump from VQ37 to VR30 either, Nissan is shooting themselves in the foot.

I bet they are thinking "Well if Toyota can charge 50k....."

Vilithrax

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
C8
And the Q50 didn't jump from VQ37 to VR30 either, Nissan is shooting themselves in the foot.

I bet they are thinking "Well if Toyota can charge 50k....."
But Toyota cant charge 50.. it’s only a good deal because it’s really a 70k bmw

Vilithrax

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
C8
My point is that looking those times is irrelevant in my view as enthusiast (as I assume most others on here are as well) since 1. I never keep anything stock, 2. so many variables can change those times. To your point, anything can be made better with $$$, and yes most buyers will not touch the car. However, you can upgrade the intakes sans tune and lower those times. Is it slower off the showroom floor than a Supra? Yes, that's clear. Do enthusiasts such as myself really care since we're going to likely spend $10k-$15k on top of the purchase price? Not at all.
Diff and open block are very limiting compared to the Supra..

Hopefully the ecus are unlocked. Supra boys are paying like 5k just for the unlock rn.. that’s half your mod money gone without any performance gain

dezoris

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Buguatti Trax
Occupation
CUV Enthusiast
Not sure why everyone hangs a cars identity on some BS drag race result. Big shock there is always another car faster in a straight line. When an EV Equinox Redline Editiom blows the doors off a Z will that make the car trash?

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Mail Carrier
Not sure why everyone hangs a cars identity on some BS drag race result. Big shock there is always another car faster in a straight line. When an EV Equinox Redline Editiom blows the doors off a Z will that make the car trash?
I'm hanging the identy off of the $50k price tag combined with those results... which is also what Nissan decided to hang the car with.

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
CIO
But Toyota cant charge 50.. it’s only a good deal because it’s really a 70k bmw
Not even, only reason the Supra is getting a new lease on life is the stick coming in 2023 (Thanks to Nissan) and you have to wait 2-3 years for a C8 and then it's a roll of the dice on if you'll get surprise markup or not.

When the C8 was first announced it would be 60k base, that pretty much killed the Supra (and a lot of other cars)

dezoris

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Buguatti Trax
Occupation
CUV Enthusiast
I'm hanging the identy off of the $50k price tag combined with those results... which is also what Nissan decided to hang the car with.
Cars are not getting any cheaper. Not defending prices but lets be real you gotta pay to play in the sports car world now.

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Mail Carrier
Cars are not getting any cheaper. Not defending prices but lets be real you gotta pay to play in the sports car world now.
False. Again, look at the prices of other sports cars.

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
CIO
Here's the kicker.....it's going to cost 2 maybe even 3 times as much to mod the Z vs the Supra.

$1,500 on a B58 will get you to the promised land.

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Mail Carrier
Go look at current prices of sports cars, compare them to the price of their previous models (or even pre-COVID), then look at the Z's pricing, then tell me who's ACTUALLY living in reality.

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Occupation
Litigator
Diff and open block are very limiting compared to the Supra..

Hopefully the ecus are unlocked. Supra boys are paying like 5k just for the unlock rn.. that’s half your mod money gone without any performance gain
That's wild, but they're getting fleeced for $5k just for an unlock. Total BS on the tuners' part.

Diff on the Performance is an LSD. Open block, yes I'm aware of, but won't be pushing crazy whp numbers here. I'm thinkin $10k for engine mods, and $5k for suspension. At the end of the day I'd rather drive in a slower good looking car, than a penis face car.

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Occupation
Litigator
Here's the kicker.....it's going to cost 2 maybe even 3 times as much to mod the Z vs the Supra.

$1,500 on a B58 will get you to the promised land.
I'm well aware it responds very well to mods - but I don't care. I'd spend even $20k - $25k to have the same performance as the Supra, and I'd do it happily. Supra was never on my list, and Z was never going to be a value proposition for me. I want it because it has killer good looks and it's the last ICE Z. Worth the price of admission (and more) in my book.