For the love of (preferred deity)!

Andaesthetics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Nissan 370Z Sport Touring
Nissan fumbled the ball with pricing, I bet if it was 35-40k MSRP base folks wouldn't mind the wait.
I think the base for $40k is fine. The Performance trim pricing is the real problem. It should be $45-$47k MAX.
Damn that's crazy.... crazy to the point where i know local dealerships selling the GR Corollas already on the floor while the Z has yet to hit floors officially, not little by little from what i've seen...
At this rate the new Mustang will hit dealerships before the new Z. The Mustang GT is the 2nd biggest, (borderline the biggest competitor) to the new Z next to the Supra. What percentage of folks do you want to bet get the new Mustang GT instead of the Z because they're tired of waiting?

Heck I'm seeing Used 2020 3.0 Premium Supras going for ~$45k right now. I'm a 370Z owner and a used 2020 Supra is more appealing to me than the new Z. All day, not even a question for me. Nissan is too late to the party. The new Z should've been out on the market over a year ago. And there really is no excuse. Blame COVID all you want, the car is essentially a 370z with a different motor, some different body panels, and new infotainment. It should NOT have taken this long to get the car developed and on the market.

OP
OP
takemorepills

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
I think the base for $40k is fine. The Performance trim pricing is the real problem. It should be $45-$47k MAX.

At this rate the new Mustang will hit dealerships before the new Z. The Mustang GT is the 2nd biggest, (borderline the biggest competitor) to the new Z next to the Supra. What percentage of folks do you want to bet get the new Mustang GT instead of the Z because they're tired of waiting?

Heck I'm seeing Used 2020 3.0 Premium Supras going for ~$45k right now. I'm a 370Z owner and a used 2020 Supra is more appealing to me than the new Z. All day, not even a question for me. Nissan is too late to the party. The new Z should've been out on the market over a year ago. And there really is no excuse. Blame COVID all you want, the car is essentially a 370z with a different motor, some different body panels, and new infotainment. It should NOT have taken this long to get the car developed and on the market.
Problem is, Nissan isn't blaming anything. Radio silence.

I'd personally buy a Supra over a Mustang.

Kbl911

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370Z
Occupation
Wealth Management
Nissan fumbled the ball with pricing, I bet if it was 35-40k MSRP base folks wouldn't mind the wait.
They surely did.

Assuming that Nissan also took steps to ensure that dealers couldn't hamstring the rollout with ADM, I totally agree. Like a $37K Sport and a $46k Performance, even (do change the silly names, though, Nissan).

If Nissan threatened to withhold deliveries (of various models) to dealers who were tacking on ADM and even offered incentives to those who weren't, they might be able to better control the whole Z situation. It actually worked for Ford and GM, to some degree.

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
If Nissan threatened to withhold deliveries (of various models) to dealers who were tacking on ADM and even offered incentives to those who weren't, they might be able to better control the whole Z situation. It actually worked for Ford and GM, to some degree.
I agree, wholeheartedly. GM got the C8 Z06 ADM situation under control for the most part.

If they verify any "ADM" shenanigans from a dealer......that's the last Limited Release they'll get.

With all limited releases now, if you flip it within the first year, the warranty does NOT transfer to the next person and you're blackballed from "Limited Releases" in the future. (Z06, Caddy Blackwings, Hummer, etc)

Connelly

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Slowbaru
I considered buying one of the last model year 370s while new. At this point, I regret not doing it.

I passed a white 370 today . . . so beautiful. All that for ~$30-35k under warranty? Yes please.

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
I considered buying one of the last model year 370s while new. At this point, I regret not doing it.

I passed a white 370 today . . . so beautiful. All that for ~$30-35k under warranty? Yes please.
TBH the 370Z is a pretty reliable vehicle, not much changed from 2009-2020.

Just go grab a gently used example, the cleanest older one you can find and just live life.

supra93

First Name
Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra & RX7
Occupation
Pastry Chef
I haven't been online that much. Work, finals, papers, Thanksgiving and upcoming Christmas plans are biting me in the ass. Hopefully, the forum will be more active once the holidays are over.

V35

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
G35
Since turkey day is over I think things are starting to pick up again

Raven1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 350z HR Motor
Occupation
503rd Lead Farmer

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
I haven't been online that much. Work, finals, papers, Thanksgiving and upcoming Christmas plans are biting me in the ass. Hopefully, the forum will be more active once the holidays are over.
some deliveries would help...

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
some deliveries would help...
Speaking of, I got a text from a dealer in Georgia (outside of Atlanta) that I reached out to what feels like forever ago, saying he's getting a Blue Performance on 1/3 (I'm assuming 6MT, because that's what I told him I was interested in).

If anyone wants me to pass along contact info, happy to do so. He's been great about keeping me up-to-date, which I appreciate.