OP
OP
takemorepills

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Honestly man - i think you answered your own question/issue - best to wait it out since you have waited it out this long. This post did have me wondering 'Are Golf R's going down in price??!!' and you're right - prices for the Golf R are starting to go down. I think that would be a great car for a 'daily' but not a fun sports car on the w/e or if you are looking to daily the Z - I just feel the new Z will be a lot more fun and rewarding to drive (and I'm a VW fan boy haha).

The way I look at it - the prices of everything are still pretty high - the longer you wait - the better the choices will be so IF you decide to move on from the Z - you'll probably find some other fun options out there such as a 6MT Supra, the new CTR (or even a used one for that matter) - I just feel that the longer one waits the better the prices will be - interest rates on the other hand - well, not so much but you mentioned possibly paying cash for this so as much as its hard to do - 'stay the course'.
One particular Golf R went from $32k to $27k in 4 weeks at a local Kia dealership. Apparently sold, however a bunch more have popped up at $27k for mk7 and $30k for mk7.5, which has got me considering the mk7.5 just for the MIB3 infotainment upgrade.

VW is like Nissan, they're always the first brands to nosedive in resale (well, Mitsubishi is likely even worse) but choose the right model, and you can get a very good deal. With VW, the Golf R was German made and is more reliable than over Mexican/US made VWs, and with Nissan/Infiniti pretty much any of the rwd-based vehicles are a pretty good value.

I miss my Mk7 GTI, but it was unreliable, though a ton of fun. The Golf R was hard to get even back then and had markups, I kinda feel like the AWD Golf R could be a better choice than the Z for where I live.

Then again, I have owned several Z's over 30 years and I feel like I need to keep it going.....

raptor5244

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing
One particular Golf R went from $32k to $27k in 4 weeks at a local Kia dealership. Apparently sold, however a bunch more have popped up at $27k for mk7 and $30k for mk7.5, which has got me considering the mk7.5 just for the MIB3 infotainment upgrade.

VW is like Nissan, they're always the first brands to nosedive in resale (well, Mitsubishi is likely even worse) but choose the right model, and you can get a very good deal. With VW, the Golf R was German made and is more reliable than over Mexican/US made VWs, and with Nissan/Infiniti pretty much any of the rwd-based vehicles are a pretty good value.

I miss my Mk7 GTI, but it was unreliable, though a ton of fun. The Golf R was hard to get even back then and had markups, I kinda feel like the AWD Golf R could be a better choice than the Z for where I live.

Then again, I have owned several Z's over 30 years and I feel like I need to keep it going.....
Yeah, as you mentioned, prices in the used market are dropping fast right now. Furthermore, many brands new inventories are finally increasing just as rising interest rates and overall inflation reduce the number of folks in the market. Increasing supply and less demand means new vehicle pricing will start to come down off MSRP/ADM as well. The Nissan Z may be limited in production but when the competition has inventory and willing to lower prices the Z will eventually have to drop in price as well. You need to be careful now of what you pay now since prices are dropping fast so if you wind up buying a used vehicle to tide you over while you wait for the right Z to come along then make sure your offer factors in the accelerated depreciation coming.

siggy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A couple
Can’t go wrong with a 7.5 R. Always had a soft spot for them. They can handle some serious power too. I think they look good as well. Manual tranny can’t handle as much power, but the DSG sure can. I went for a C7 Z51. Still wanted a manual so the C8 was out. I just love the Vette seating position and the targa top. But if I needed AWD and fun I would go with a 7.5 R or something from Audi.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20

You are not alone, I’m searching the second hand market very carefully.
There is a Porsche 718 2018 looking very nice. At this stage it’s still a good chunk more than the Z, but give it another month or so it might not be that much more…it’s already dropped 15k
Then there is a Mercedes’ SLC200 for about 3k less than the Z 2018 model.
If it was in the same state, I would own it already, but the transportation and registration across states is a headache. We are going for a holiday in three weeks, and will be on the other side of the country then, so if it’s still there I’ll take a look and make a decision.

I know the minute I buy something else the Z will be on its way…but this is getting ridiculous.

I’ve become a stalker…any advert from Nissan Aus on Facebook I write:

At Nissan,can you please contact people that have an order for a Z in with a truthful timeline, you have our details, you have our orders, you have our deposits…an email is not too much to ask.

So far nothing, which shows the car is not just round the corner, because if the could be certain it was they would respond with some encouraging chatter but they say nothing

I’m just so mad at the whole thing ( especially after selling my Peugeot RCZ) and the treatment we are getting.
You only have to look at this forum, a place that was filled with excitement and expectation from enthusiasts to see that they have totally stuffed up and lost almost all their buyers
When this car hits, it will now most likely be a flop instead of having thousands on the road …definitely will not revitalise Nissan the way they were hoping

NecioVato

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370z Nismo 6MT
Occupation
web developer

I got into my first hatchback - a MK6 GTI 6MT. That car was alot of fun and with mods. There is a part of me that does consider keeping the Z and adding a GolfR as a daily and travel car since they do offer so much in way of performance and comfort. But bc of reliability and wanting fun factor as well - the CTR is currently at the top of my list for vehicles.

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z / Civic hatch sport
Didnt someone in aus get a performance boulder grey? They been posting ever since they took delivery

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
the truth is it's been so long that we've talked about nearly everything we know about the Z so far.

hopefully when nissan finally gets their act together and the cars start arriving, people will get excited again. it's hard to believe that i've been on here a year and a half lol, i know some of you have been here longer than that...

i can't even count how many people here including myself, that have purchased another car while waiting on the Z.

indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'72 Rover S3, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
the truth is it's been so long that we've talked about nearly everything we know about the Z so far.

hopefully when nissan finally gets their act together and the cars start arriving, people will get excited again. it's hard to believe that i've been on here a year and a half lol, i know some of you have been here longer than that...

i can't even count how many people here including myself, that have purchased another car while waiting on the Z.
I came here after another vehicle went MIA for me (Ford manual trans 2-door Bronco). Only to find another MIA vehicle in the Z. :(

raptor5244

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing
You are not alone, I’m searching the second hand market very carefully.
There is a Porsche 718 2018 looking very nice. At this stage it’s still a good chunk more than the Z, but give it another month or so it might not be that much more…it’s already dropped 15k
Then there is a Mercedes’ SLC200 for about 3k less than the Z 2018 model.
If it was in the same state, I would own it already, but the transportation and registration across states is a headache. We are going for a holiday in three weeks, and will be on the other side of the country then, so if it’s still there I’ll take a look and make a decision.

I know the minute I buy something else the Z will be on its way…but this is getting ridiculous.

I’ve become a stalker…any advert from Nissan Aus on Facebook I write:

At Nissan,can you please contact people that have an order for a Z in with a truthful timeline, you have our details, you have our orders, you have our deposits…an email is not too much to ask.

So far nothing, which shows the car is not just round the corner, because if the could be certain it was they would respond with some encouraging chatter but they say nothing

I’m just so mad at the whole thing ( especially after selling my Peugeot RCZ) and the treatment we are getting.
You only have to look at this forum, a place that was filled with excitement and expectation from enthusiasts to see that they have totally stuffed up and lost almost all their buyers
When this car hits, it will now most likely be a flop instead of having thousands on the road …definitely will not revitalise Nissan the way they were hoping
I was considering the Z but when I saw the lukewarm reviews, extremely limited supply, ridiculous ADMs, etc. I went and bought a CT4V - Blackwing instead.

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Dont ask
Occupation
Thread derailer
I think we need for start a bet here. What will happen first? Supra ecu unlock or the Z finally landing to customers?

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Infiniti Q50, 2023 Nissan Z Preformance
I have given a deadline till May. If I don’t get it I’m out 100 percent regardless if it comes a month after I probably buy another car. F Nissan

OP
OP
takemorepills

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
I think we need for start a bet here. What will happen first? Supra ecu unlock or the Z finally landing to customers?
I heard the ECU unlock originally occurred in Russia, then was moved, and there is some effort to bring the unlock to USA. However, with the EPA going Gestapo on all tuning companies, I don't think we'll be seeing these ECUs unlocked by a US company, so tuners are still going to need to do grey or black market stuff.....

Even then, everything I've seen about Nissan so far indicates that the entire company could fail, so it's an interesting bet.....which endeavor fails first?