I was considering the Z but when I saw the lukewarm reviews, extremely limited supply, ridiculous ADMs, etc. I went and bought a CT4V - Blackwing instead.
Yeah, as you mentioned, prices in the used market are dropping fast right now. Furthermore, many brands new inventories are finally increasing just as rising interest rates and overall inflation reduce the number of folks in the market. Increasing supply and less demand means new vehicle...
I did read somewhere that manufacturers implement tall gearing to help pass drive by noise regulations. Nissan decided to keep the shorter gearing and used a more muted exhaust and let the aftermarket fix it. Some companies use valves in the exhaust and they keep them closed at lower rpms to...
I didn't want to infect this forum with pics of anything but a Z but since you asked and most of us appreciate all kinds of fun cars here are a couple quick shots from the parking lot.
Indeed. It is all about supply right now. I don't think you will see much markup on non-Proto Zs. MSRP should be the norm for a while and then once the first wave of Z buyers is exhausted and we hit the first winter season you will see them at slight discounts. There is still some competition...
I only have 600 miles on it so far but I really like it. It is a nice blend of comfort and performance. The latest magnetic ride (4.0) actually enables you to feel quite a difference between the suspension modes. It feels much lighter than it is and the twin turbo LF4 V6 is strong, no lag...
I drove a C8 Z51 on track last year. Fantastic car. I was going to get one but I prefer rowing my own gears and sadly we can't do that in the Corvettes anymore. It is really cool to see Cadillac offer both a manual and auto in the Blackwings. The take rate for the manuals on the Blackwings...
By the way, congrats, that is a really nice Z collection, especially at a time when these cars are all going extinct. Enjoy it.
As for the Z, those were my main two issues. I may eventually pick up a Z at some point but I may wait a bit to see if the market cools off on them.
In the...
Good feedback.
Ideally, they should have included magnetic dampers at this price point, which would enable the driver to firm up the floaty ride a bit if desired. I heard the exhaust on the manual Z is toned down in order to meet the ever annoying drive by noise regulations. Rather than use...
So true. I would be so pissed if I were the manufacturers. They sell the car to the dealer for invoice price of probably $49k and the greedy dealer more than doubles the price. I can't wait until the dealership model collapses when all these manufacturers start selling direct at some point.
You are correct, those were the Z MT times vs. Supra AT times. It is closer auto to auto but both the Supra and Mustang are faster in a straight line and much faster around a track. It look like if Nissan would put some better tires (at least on the performance trim) it would fair better off...
Exactly, ADMs actually hurt manufacturers. They upset customers and damage the brand. GM and Ford are finally cracking down but this shit needs to stop. Folks will be so upside down on these cars in a few years if they pay 10-20k markups. You better love the Z so much, you will be buried in it.
Yeah, it appears from the reviews they are quite different cars. I guess it depends what you are looking for. The Supra is more of a true sports car while the Z is more of a sporty car in comparison. I think the Z will sell well to the Z loyalists but I think once they all get one and the...