• Nissan Z

Votes: 77 74.8%

• Total voters

280driver

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1975 280Z 5-speed, 2020 Toyota Sequoia TRD Pro
Tyres isnā€™t going to fill that two bud gap.

I was here for the same reason we all were; to get a 35,000$ car faster than the Supra. Obviously this news sucks. But sadly the Supra is superior at this point.. maybe the NISMO will change that
If you say so. Moving on.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20

I was here for the same reason we all were; to get a 35,000$ car faster than the Supra. Obviously this news sucks. But sadly the Supra is superior at this point.. maybe the NISMO will change that
Firstly ā€¦was never gonna be 35k
secondly the reviews coming in say the Z is a match for the Supraā€¦and cheaper

MHockey17

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'18 Nissan 370Z NISMO, '01 Mitsu Eclipse GT
Been several posts on here about "all JDM" "all Nissan"
You all know the transmission is by Mercedes right?

I look forward to seeing the new Z on the track! More the merrier and fun
I could be mistaken, but I believe it was reported the 9AT is a Mercedes design, licensed to and manufactured by Nissan (via Jatco). Contrasted in the Supraā€˜s case, where the majority of parts are largely BMW design and manufactured by BMW.

Lots of manufacturers share parts though so isnā€™t exactly a new trend

Chowtoo

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
370Z, Avalon, F150
Occupation
Accountant
5471D666-DEA4-4F70-87CC-9540F57601ED.jpeg

Iā€™ll just leave this here then..
The moral of the story/ this picture, is that red cars are faster than yellow cars? Just kidding! If you want retro, get the Z (I have two) but if you want fast for the same price get a red Suprabmw.

Chowtoo

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
370Z, Avalon, F150
Occupation
Accountant
If you say so. Moving on.
I have two 370Zs and I was not interested in the Supra until they announced the price of the Z Performance model. Somehow the Supra now looks better than it did before the Z price announcement. The Z's improvements from the 370Z just do not seem to justify the new Z prices.

From a price perception standpoint, Toyota > Nissan; BMW > Nissan. Nissan's price on the new Z is hard to swallow given this perception of brand/ value.

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Occupation
Litigator

Superior because it's marginally faster in a straight line stock? Let me guess, you're maybe in your late teens/early twenties and you've been watching 1320Video since high school.....

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Dont ask
Occupation
Thread derailer
yo by the way has anyone used these potenza RE-71R . tire rack is going to start selling them here
Yes, they are a great tire. They just dont last long as its 200 treadwear. The Falken 660s last a bit longer with a little less grip.

Blackbeard

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra
Occupation
Mechanic
Yes, they are a great tire. They just dont last long as its 200 treadwear. The Falken 660s last a bit longer with a little less grip.
yea right now on the camaro im running evo 12 but i was looking for something a little stickyer but u know for dd also i have nittos on my strip wheels

Chowtoo

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
370Z, Avalon, F150
Occupation
Accountant
Superior because it's marginally faster in a straight line stock? Let me guess, you're maybe in your late teens/early twenties and you've been watching 1320Video since high school.....
Wrong! As the other gentleman already mentioned, Your bias is blinding! I did mention that I own two 370Zs and should be more biased than you, but I'm not. I am 67 years young. According to your line of "reasoning" (I use the term vey losely in your case) , I suppose I will never grow up, since I recognize that some cars can go faster than others and I would prefer the faster one. Sorry for my opinion on that (sarcastic).

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Occupation
Litigator
Wrong! As the other gentleman already mentioned, Your bias is blinding! I did mention that I own two 370Zs and should be more biased than you, but I'm not. I am 67 years young. According to your line of "reasoning" (I use the term vey losely in your case) , I suppose I will never grow up, since I recognize that some cars can go faster than others and I would prefer the faster one. Sorry for my opinion on that (sarcastic).
What are you talking about? I wasn't even responding to you. Nevertheless, I'm glad you realize that at 67 years old. Maybe by 68 you'll realize cars can be modded to go faster than stock with relative ease.

Last edited: