• Total voters

BraveDemon

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Toyota Supra; 19 Audi TT-RS; 15 GLA45 AMG
Iā€™m biased since I have the Supra but dat ass of the Z is sexy AF... Iā€™ve always been a fan of the 300ZX in the 90s and boy did Nissan do a good job of bringing out the nostalgia with dat ass. Really want to get the new Z in my garage too.

BraveDemon

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
It doesn't have to be a us vs them mentality. In a world full of CUVs and upcoming EVs, I'm just happy that these two exist in the first place.
Word. Iā€™m still that guy from the 90s that loves JDM sports cars. I get the Supra is a BMW, but manā€¦ seeing a new Supra and new Z on the streets 30 years later (when the entire industry is shifting to EVs and CUVs as you said) is a win for all car enthusiasts.

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
Word. Iā€™m still that guy from the 90s that loves JDM sports cars. I get the Supra is a BMW, but manā€¦ seeing a new Supra and new Z on the streets 30 years later (when the entire industry is shifting to EVs and CUVs as you said) is a win for all car enthusiasts.
It doesn't have to be a us vs them mentality. In a world full of CUVs and upcoming EVs, I'm just happy that these two exist in the first place.
These dudes get it.

ZDreamer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru
Anybody think the Supra is $15K (average price difference between 3.0 Supra vs Z) overpriced? If so why?

Kbl911

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370Z
Occupation
Wealth Management
Anybody think the Supra is $15K (average price difference between 3.0 Supra vs Z) overpriced? If so why?
I think that the new Supra is overpriced, yes, but probably not by quite *that much.* I think it would be a substantially better performance value if it were priced in the mid $40,000 range - that would keep it far enough from M2s and Caymans and the like.

Also, we don't really know if the 3.0 Supra will be $15,000 more expensive than a comparable Z. In fact, that's exceptionally unlikely since the Base 3.0 is similarly equipped relative to the Performance spec Z. Even if we assume Nissan does the world a solid and prices that trim at, say, $45,000 (not bloody likely), the 3.0 Base Supra is not even $7,000 pricier. If the Performance spec is approaching on $50,000? That'd be a miscue from Nissan, I'm thinking.

BraveDemon

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Is the Supra overpriced: Yes - because itā€™s a BMW.

Jokes aside, If Iā€™m being honest I do think the Supra is slightly overpriced - but not with respect to performance (the B58, ZF, chassis) are all pretty good value for the MSRP price IMHO, excluding ADM of course.

The main reason I think itā€™s overpriced is since the interior is recycled BMW parts from the prior generations so when I traded in my 2015 4 series for the 2022 Supraā€¦ the interior was basically identical. Interior is fine enough for me, but for some folks $60k on a F series interior that has been around for nearly a decade is a hard sell.

supra93

First Name
Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra & RX7
Occupation
Pastry Chef

johnny_10196

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ford
Random question, but did the 370Z suffer from wind buffeting issues as seen with the Supra?

Kbl911

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370Z
Occupation
Wealth Management
No. Not at all. I drive mine with the windows down all the time. No issue at all.
Yeah, I seldom have the windows up on mine and there's no issue worth mentioning in that arena.

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Infiniti Q50, 2023 Nissan Z Preformance
Iā€™m biased since I have the Supra but dat ass of the Z is sexy AF... Iā€™ve always been a fan of the 300ZX in the 90s and boy did Nissan do a good job of bringing out the nostalgia with dat ass. Really want to get the new Z in my garage too.
SUPRA ass looks like a depressed transformer

Lvckv69

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'16 911
For me the Supra looks like a girl's car, like a Miata. They banned me on their forums because they said I'm a Nissan fanboy šŸ˜‚. They deep inside know they are not driving a real Supra.