indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'72 Rover S3, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
hmm, interesting take by these guys:

"If your idea of a fun car, a sports car, is something that comes to life. It's dynamic at every corner ... the Nissan Z is not that car."

"This is more muscle car, than canyon carving sports car. I don't find it nearly as fun as the GR86."

Jah_Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z (Everest White, Performance, 6MT)
Really makes me wonder if the base/sport is the way to go. No one sounds impressed with the performance at this point so i wonder if it's better to just start low and build it up manually.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
You know what.....

I think people are getting too focused on the wrong metrics. Especially when talking about the Z vs 86. Because, from a "track" perspective, and I assume one with no long straights, that's the only way a 86 trumps a Z.

But, who TF is actually tracking their car? These journos talk like their audience is track stars.

All versions of the FM platform will slaughter any 86 in the only metric the majority of us could possibly play out..... at a red light.

So many times, I've seen the "superior dynamics" 86 acting silly in traffic, jetting in and out, the moment they pull up on my Q60, they settle right down because when we end up at the red light, they know what's up....we ain't doing lap times.

I like the idea of the new Z being a "Japanese muscle car" fine by me. I don't even know where the track is in Seattle.....

LZ23

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350z
You know what.....

I think people are getting too focused on the wrong metrics. Especially when talking about the Z vs 86. Because, from a "track" perspective, and I assume one with no long straights, that's the only way a 86 trumps a Z.

But, who TF is actually tracking their car? These journos talk like their audience is track stars.

All versions of the FM platform will slaughter any 86 in the only metric the majority of us could possibly play out..... at a red light.

So many times, I've seen the "superior dynamics" 86 acting silly in traffic, jetting in and out, the moment they pull up on my Q60, they settle right down because when we end up at the red light, they know what's up....we ain't doing lap times.

I like the idea of the new Z being a "Japanese muscle car" fine by me. I don't even know where the track is in Seattle.....
The new z car was never designed as a track car,according to chief engineer Hiroshi Tamura,he always said it wouid be a GT car.

Heavy Dupree

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 AMG C63S, 2020 Tacoma TRD Sport
Occupation
Retired
We don't have canyons in Florida so...Nissan Z

These are the same two twats that bought a GR86, and emphasized the point that they used their own money for the purchase. At the very least, they're personally invested on multiple levels with that car.

Last edited:

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Infiniti Q50, 2023 Nissan Z Preformance
hmm, interesting take by these guys:

"If your idea of a fun car, a sports car, is something that comes to life. It's dynamic at every corner ... the Nissan Z is not that car."

"This is more muscle car, than canyon carving sports car. I don't find it nearly as fun as the GR86."
Welp

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Infiniti Q50, 2023 Nissan Z Preformance
You know what.....

Release the Kraken!

siggy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A couple
You know what.....

Yeah street racing, cool. Then goes on to brag about a Q60…yeah. It’s too bad the Z gets dominated by domestic muscle. And probably won’t be as reliable as the other “Japanese” muscle. I’m still chuckling about the street racing talk with a Q60. Should’ve thrown a gapplebees in there. I’d take you more seriously then. Do you know where you can find a Z in Seattle?

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Yeah street racing, cool. Then goes on to brag about a Q60…yeah. It’s too bad the Z gets dominated by domestic muscle. And probably won’t be as reliable as the other “Japanese” muscle. I’m still chuckling about the street racing talk with a Q60. Should’ve thrown a gapplebees in there. I’d take you more seriously then. Do you know where you can find a Z in Seattle?
Where did I say "street racing" goes down? It doesn't! They know they are driving a car no quicker than a minivan!

I could've replaced "Q60" with "Caravan" and the 86 driver should still watch out!

BurninateZ

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'92 MR2 Turbo, '19 508 GT, '23 Supra GT Manual
If the 86 was actually fast, rather than just feeling fast I think this comparison would be taken a lot more seriously. The Z obviously isn't tuned for maximum corner speed, but I still think it's the more complete sports car.

solidsnake

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
civic type R
They seem to really downplay the RTV issue in the gr86/BRZ. I wonder what would have happened to the warranty repair, if his engine repair didnt blow up during a track event and no social media media backlash.

LZ23

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350z
How does the Z get dominated,the mach 1 is 9k more and no quicker to 60 according to specs and the camaro ss1 is also no quicker according to specs and is about the same price as the Z.What other japanese muscle,the supra is a BMW except for the badge on the car.