Reaction score
Website
www.danielkopald.com
Car(s)
1985 720 King Cab 4x4
Occupation
Producer
Did your auto-correct misspell brakes?

I'm 75% team 6MT, because it'll be the last of it's kind. And, typically, Nissan MT handles fairly big power upgrades pretty well, you just gotta address the clutch.

However, the 9AT absolutely smokes the 6MT, so I can't rule out being impatient and buying the first Z that meets my other criteria.

For me, the color is more important than the transmission, I really want blue/blue, so if a 9AT blue/blue became available without mark-up, I'd probably get it. I'd prefer that enough Z's could be made that I could impulse buy a 6MT blue/blue with no mark-up.
Kirkland Nissan has a used blue/blue auto in the showroom now.

Daniel

Racebox

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Racebox
Threads
Reaction score
Website
goracebox.com
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z
Occupation
Tuning/ parts installation
I was doing my monthly "will I ever get this car" check in at the dealership, and they stressed to me that it's kind of a crap shoot what trim/colors they get allocated. While I understand and am cool will having to perhaps compromise on color I am in no way interested in the automatic transmission.

Much of the appeal of this car for me is the stick. The dealership was trying to soften me up to the idea of getting an auto but I am just not into it. In my opinion, it doesn't fit the car.

Let's say it's 50/50 with the transmission production who is getting the automatic?
We do! Solely for drag racing/ tuning RND with these vehicles. Much faster and great for consistency when it comes down to numbers.

MacCool

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z, GMC2500HD (winter), others
Occupation
retired
Of the nine Z cars I've owned since 1970, the only other Z that had an automatic was my 1982 280ZX Turbo. When I was looking to buy my current Z Performance, I was surprisingly (to me) pretty neutral on the AT vs MT question. If the car they had coming in had been an MT, I'd have been fine with that, but it was an automatic. Now, after about 2000 miles driving it, I'm still kind of neutral. Some definite advantages and a few drawback, exactly as I felt about my manual-transmission Z cars over the years.

JimboZ

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance MT
Occupation
Retired
I bought a 2023 Performance automatic because: 1) I couldn't find a manual. 2) My wife had a hip replacement. 3) We are both 70 and I have knee and hip issues. 4) I had a terrible case of Z fever as I've had a 1976 280, 1991 300 ZX and a 2004 350Z. That's how we justified going ahead with the automatic. We loved driving the automatic but after a year, my wife and I felt that there was something missing. We traded the 2023 automatic for a 2024 Performance manual. The manual to us is so much more fun to drive. Our three other Z's were manual so maybe it makes us feel young again. No knock on the automatic, but we much prefer the joy of driving the manual. The clutch is not heavy so we're able to drive it with no aches or pains as yet. I paid a premium for the 2023 because of the lack of cars but got the 2024 at sticker. The trade was costly but well worth it because of the fun we're having with the manual. It feels so much for like a sports car. We did have a great year of driving the automatic but don't miss it at all.