Cold Air Intake

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Infiniti Q50, 2023 Nissan Z Preformance
I have down pipes and exhaust already, so CAI will just compliment those. I know they don't add much gain in power, but they do add gain in the sound. I just want to hear a bit more out of those turbos!
Which exhaust and down pipes did you get?

StrikeS30

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
78 280Z, 76 280Z, 88 300zx
Their carbon fiber is so clean and of great quality, almost zero distortion in the weave anywhere. Really happy with this kit. (missing in the pic is the hardware )

And a bonus photo of the engine cover I got too, couldn't say no šŸ¤£

PXL_20230217_183106676.jpg
h
PXL_20230217_182955551.jpg
PXL_20230217_183006716.jpg

PXL_20230217_183626920.jpg
PXL_20230217_183614457.jpg

OP
OP

CanadianZ

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z
Their carbon fiber is so clean and of great quality, almost zero distortion in the weave anywhere. Really happy with this kit. (missing in the pic is the hardware )

And a bonus photo of the engine cover I got too, couldn't say no šŸ¤£

PXL_20230217_183106676.jpg
h
PXL_20230217_182955551.jpg
PXL_20230217_183006716.jpg

PXL_20230217_183626920.jpg
PXL_20230217_183614457.jpg
This post just made me spend more money, order for both going in today! Those look amazing, thank you for posting pics

StrikeS30

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
This post just made me spend more money, order for both going in today! Those look amazing, thank you for posting pics
bahah, you're welcome? šŸ˜‚ They arrived in about two days from Z1 using the FedEx option. The taxes/import is billed to me, no collection at the door or invoice yet. I am assuming they will send me an invoice in the mail, or I'd let ya know the cost of that

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
bahah, you're welcome? šŸ˜‚ They arrived in about two days from Z1 using the FedEx option. The taxes/import is billed to me, no collection at the door or invoice yet. I am assuming they will send me an invoice in the mail, or I'd let ya know the cost of that
Wow man! You got lots of parts already!

Itā€™s crazy because I was about to order my FI exhaust with their lower Downpipes (ready for the Z. I also was gonna pick up the same Z1 items as you! We will have the same parts lol.

What color Z did you order?

I canā€™t spend all that as I just spent a fortune on the Michelin ps4s tires and going for a PPF and ceramic coating spa day for my lady.

Maybe, will pick these up next year. But they look sweet!

SavedByFaith_

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z (Performance)

Itā€™s crazy because I was about to order my FI exhaust with their lower Downpipes (ready for the Z. I also was gonna pick up the same Z1 items as you! We will have the same parts lol.

I canā€™t spend all that as I just spent a fortune on the Michelin ps4s tires and going for a PPF and ceramic coating spa day for my lady.

I know right, very similar situation for me!!

I'm so tempted to pick up these CAIs....
Only thing holding me back is waiting for the price and lead time for some Japanese brand CAIs (looking at blitz and HKS mainly)

Sound was a big thing for me with all the reviews. It's why I purchased MAP DPs and CB Exhaust (got a nice deal at 20% off around Christmas!)

StrikeS30

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

I ordered the Blue/Blue Performance MT
And yeah. I have amassed quite a collection of stuff to tack onto the car. Kind of insane before the car even exists. But, my mind is obviously totally made up on the decision. Only reason I've kind of gone wild is I have been putting aside money since before I was able to order the car, and the longer I wait, and having it just sit there I just neeeed to spend. Maybe an addiction?! There's a few more things I am considering; still want to get the downpipes at some point, probably easier to install it all at once underneath, window tint and front bumper or front end PPF once the car arrives. Maybe a few more goodies if anything peeks my interest.

Agree with you on the PS4s, it's definitely going to need to be done, just hate how wiiildly expensive they are up here, going to be a tough pill to swallow on a set of rubber

Nothing wrong with havin the same parts! :D I've liked the Z1 offerings so far, because they are a little more affordable than some of the other options, and the quality I have seen from them is very nice

Tuning, suspension goodies will probably be done or anything into that matter will consider being done over the next winter season

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I know right, very similar situation for me!!

I'm so tempted to pick up these CAIs....
Only thing holding me back is waiting for the price and lead time for some Japanese brand CAIs (looking at blitz and HKS mainly)

Sound was a big thing for me with all the reviews. It's why I purchased MAP DPs and CB Exhaust (got a nice deal at 20% off around Christmas!)
I like the AMS ones that will come out for it which is already online for $959 US thatā€™s like 1million for us in Canada haha. Well not that much but rather go lower. Z1 looks like they have better Dyno numbers

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I ordered the Blue/Blue Performance MT
And yeah. I have amassed quite a collection of stuff to tack onto the car. Kind of insane before the car even exists. But, my mind is obviously totally made up on the decision. Only reason I've kind of gone wild is I have been putting aside money since before I was able to order the car, and the longer I wait, and having it just sit there I just neeeed to spend. Maybe an addiction?! There's a few more things I am considering; still want to get the downpipes at some point, probably easier to install it all at once underneath, window tint and front bumper or front end PPF once the car arrives. Maybe a few more goodies if anything peeks my interest.

Agree with you on the PS4s, it's definitely going to need to be done, just hate how wiiildly expensive they are up here, going to be a tough pill to swallow on a set of rubber

Nothing wrong with havin the same parts! :D I've liked the Z1 offerings so far, because they are a little more affordable than some of the other options, and the quality I have seen from them is very nice

Tuning, suspension goodies will probably be done or anything into that matter will consider being done over the next winter season
I agree! Z1 has great prices. Just curious, how much was duties bringing these items to us in Ontario? I was worried with the exchange rate, taxes on both sides and dutiesā€¦. Keeps adding up.

How much all in was the FI exhaust?

SavedByFaith_

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z (Performance)
I like the AMS ones that will come out for it which is already online for $959 US thatā€™s like 1million for us in Canada haha. Well not that much but rather go lower. Z1 looks like they have better Dyno numbers
Agreed!!

Kinda feels like AMS is over charging for some of there parts given their credibility and all... But they do make some of the best stuff.

Z1 looks clean with the carbon and they're engine covers matching.

Just have a soft spot for the JDM parts / market šŸ‡ÆšŸ‡µā›©

StrikeS30

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I agree! Z1 has great prices. Just curious, how much was duties bringing these items to us in Ontario? I was worried with the exchange rate, taxes on both sides and dutiesā€¦. Keeps adding up.

How much all in was the FI exhaust?
All in to my door, with UPS's crazy upcharges it was $2758.20
The Z1 carbon intakes and engine cover was $1589.57 (import/taxes has not been billed yet from FedEx)

It's crazy how much of a difference it is.. when you see something online, hey that's not a bad price. Add to cart. Ok not bad.. checkout.. bank takes the charge.. oh shit... lmao

(Prices in CDN)

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
All in to my door, with UPS's crazy upcharges it was $2758.20
The Z1 carbon intakes and engine cover was $1589.57 (import/taxes has not been billed yet from FedEx)

It's crazy how much of a difference it is.. when you see something online, hey that's not a bad price. Add to cart. Ok not bad.. checkout.. bank takes the charge.. oh shit... lmao

(Prices in CDN)
Lol thatā€™s why I havenā€™t pressed ā€œsubmitā€ till I see the all in price for us Canadians. Thanks for taking the plunge for all of us! Lol

StrikeS30

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lol thatā€™s why I havenā€™t pressed ā€œsubmitā€ till I see the all in price for us Canadians. Thanks for taking the plunge for all of us! Lol
bahah, no worries! The thing that's always a killer is the import/duties. On the exhaust it was like, not bad, UPS shipping is insane at checkout just due to to size and weight, but then they slap you for a bill for the tax for the full amount converted into CDN. Then they're like, Oh, here's a couple hundred bucks charge for billing you the tax

Proto Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi SQ7
Fedex just advised that my Z1 CAI's should arrive today (in Brisbane, Australia). Only ordered a week ago :D

Didn't end up getting the engine cover or the other strip, as it would have literally tripled my shipping costs... I'll get them on the next sale.

Just a quick question, reading the install instructions from Z1 (which are pretty good btw), it says that a jack/stands are needed, and toward the end it says to bring the car down off stands... doesn't give instructions to put it up anywhere, and I would have thought that all of the install could be done from the top of the engine. Am I missing something?

https://cdn.z1motorsports.com/upload/Install_Z1_New_Z_VR30_Cold_Air_Intake.pdf