Results are only viewable after voting.

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Infiniti Q50, 2023 Nissan Z Preformance
Hey hey hey…again, as a female I am highly offended.
I’m fighting my husband to get on board with this one, it will be my car…and yes it will be a manual.
But as we have already determined us Aussies are pretty tough. Girls out here would eat you guys for breakfast ?
Lol nice.

aussie girls are hotties. With the accent and all!

z_ya_later

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Seiran Blue Nissan Z Sport
i voted manual...all my sports cars/trucks have been manual except my turbo mklll.
i'm curious however about this new auto trans going in the new z and having the use of paddle shifters.
ive never driven a car with one. any insites or opinions on that?
i may have to check it out...it could be fun.
True confession: I've had 2 auto sport cars, my current 370 and the only new car I've ever bought: Acura RSX. I love shifting with an an actual auto shifter that lets you go through the gears quickly with full driver control but I hate using paddle shifters. Now that it's clear the new Z auto will only have the paddles, I'm leaning very heavily on getting my 1st manual.

Subarashi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Camry, Q60 RWD
The 7 speed auto is faster than the 6 speed manual in the 370Z if i remember right.

This 9 speed which I'm hoping is going to improve if not fix every issue in the current 7 speed....yeah it's going to be a lot faster.
On top of having more gears which when upshifting should still keep you in the power band because the gears are closer and I'm assuming this tranny is shifting faster than the manual.

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
The 7 speed auto is faster than the 6 speed manual in the 370Z if i remember right.

This 9 speed which I'm hoping is going to improve if not fix every issue in the current 7 speed....yeah it's going to be a lot faster.
On top of having more gears which when upshifting should still keep you in the power band because the gears are closer and I'm assuming this tranny is shifting faster than the manual.
Yeah it was, even though it wasn't by much. With two more gears it's gonna be a bit more of a difference.

Captain Drew

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Subaru WRX
Auto will be faster but I personally enjoy driving manual. I'm not looking to set lap times, ultimately manual makes me happier. Unless you're running for money, I don't think it really matters as long as the driver is enjoying themselves. Funny how people enjoy different things.

TaroBaapG35

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional
I think we can all agree that either transmission will work for everyone. There isn't a "right" or "wrong" transmission, or necessarily a demographic that prefers one over another. Just what is your personal preference of what you want.

But, there is no argument, the Auto > Manual for speed anyday. Depending on the tuning/type of the Auto, it could be fun/engaging as well. ZF 8 Speeds are amazing , Porsche PDK & Ferrari DCT are the best in the business.

The question here will be, how good is the 9speed or how much better is it then the outgoing 7speed.

MARLEY

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 RAM 1500 Laramie
Occupation
US Coast Guard
I was originally planning on going auto because it will be faster, but this will likely be the last chance I'll ever get to buy a new manual vehicle, so I'm taking it.

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
you guys need to stop discussing which trans is faster.
i started a thread on the subject and what ensued ended up getting the thread closed lol...

zeeder

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'13 370Z ST 6MT
I answered manual, and that's where my heart lies, however, when my cerebellum isn't firing on all cylinders and I fudge the first two gears in the 370 it makes me think about how nice it could be to not have to worry about it. The other consideration is the radar cruise, it's much more effective with an auto, if it's even available on the manual.

MARLEY

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 RAM 1500 Laramie
Occupation
US Coast Guard
I am another future AUTO Z guy. I am in a busy city and my wife cant drive manual either. If the guy who shames others for it, he has some serious masculinity issues? Maybe he feels manly?

Autos can beat many cars that are manual. So, I'm not too worried about it. On the flip side, I understand why people would get the manual as you are controlling the car.

I'm in a different stage in my life where I don't care for that.

To each their own.
You don't have to justify yourself for getting an auto. People act like driving a manual makes you elite, but 15 year olds with zero driving experience can learn it in half an hour. It's not difficult at all.

Driving a sporty car with paddle shifters is still fun, and it will without a doubt be faster than manual.

I'm getting a manual, but auto is probably the better choice for every reason other than nostalgia.