Anyone seen these hood risers & know how to get them down. Spun the Z on wet roads and caught back wheel on curb. These popped the hood open - can’t open or close hood

OP
OP
Marshall58of240

Marshall58of240

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Proto Spec A/T
Occupation
Business Owner
End result 8100.00 to repair - two actuators, one air bag sensor replaced for throwing errors on passenger airbag, one new front rim, paint the two scratches & a labor rate of 195.00 for "specialty car"

OUCH!

Drive safe

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Z NISMO & #1 GTR NISMO
End result 8100.00 to repair - two actuators, one air bag sensor replaced for throwing errors on passenger airbag, one new front rim, paint the two scratches & a labor rate of 195.00 for "specialty car"

OUCH!

Drive safe

was the arirbag actually deployed or just the sensor?

that scares me a bit as now im paranoid it might happen from hitting a cone in autocross. I need to research where the sensor is as it might be higher than where a cone would impact. a cone would be there around the lip area

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I wouldnt recommend this for the road but for autocross where you are in a parking lot i was told you can pull fuse #13 and disable to system but it also disables airbags so this wouldnt be safe on the road or an actual track

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20

OUCH!

Drive safe
That is ridiculous …..all from hitting a curb

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60

that scares me a bit as now im paranoid it might happen from hitting a cone in autocross. I need to research where the sensor is as it might be higher than where a cone would impact. a cone would be there around the lip area
Most SRS systems specifically call for certain modules to be replaced if a connected item deploys. This includes seat belt pre-tensioners and hood poppers.

As a diy person, on some cars the module can be reset, and you possibly could opt to not replace it.
However, since it's called out in most service manuals, the modules are usually replaced.

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I was actually discussing this on Facebook and someone showed me the sensor locations

FB_IMG_1681521175781.jpg

FB_IMG_1681521369813.jpg

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
I was actually discussing this on Facebook and someone showed me the sensor locations

FB_IMG_1681521175781.jpg

FB_IMG_1681521369813.jpg
Those are new to me, seems like special sensors attached to the bumper cover just for the hood.
Gonna make aftermarket bumper covers a little bit tricky to sell.....

OP
OP
Marshall58of240

Marshall58of240

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Proto Spec A/T
Occupation
Business Owner

Airbag did not deploy but for some reason sensor was throwing error when they did diagnostics

Jughead

First Name
Willie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
rogue, wrangler
Occupation
Sales Management
After reading this, I went back to my techie technician in the shop. The one I go to for anything electrical. He pulled up the diagrams and thinks you can just run a resistor there in it's place. He is going to try and find the right Ohms (? don't make fun of me , it's been 30 years since high school electronics class). Also he is gonna email the tech line and see what they think. This is a little trickier that just unplugging my seat belt chime.

Also checked with parts guys - National backorder. No ETA on them. Yikes! I told him to order some just to have.

HP Proto

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z Proto Spec
Occupation
Broadcast Engineer
Airbag did not deploy but for some reason sensor was throwing error when they did diagnostics
This whole thing should be under warranty, another way of companies trying to make money on parts and repairs.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
After reading this, I went back to my techie technician in the shop. The one I go to for anything electrical. He pulled up the diagrams and thinks you can just run a resistor there in it's place. He is going to try and find the right Ohms (? don't make fun of me , it's been 30 years since high school electronics class). Also he is gonna email the tech line and see what they think. This is a little trickier that just unplugging my seat belt chime.

Also checked with parts guys - National backorder. No ETA on them. Yikes! I told him to order some just to have.
The fact you have to tell them to order a part for a new car that shouldn’t have issues is alarming in itself

Jughead

First Name
Willie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
rogue, wrangler
Occupation
Sales Management
Not at all. What’s alarming is the fact they’re on such back order being so new.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Not at all. What’s alarming is the fact they’re on such back order being so new.
I disagree…something like this should not happen from something that wasn’t hard enough to do any real damage …the fact the manual says it’s possible from simply going over a railway crossing is concerning, and means the driver has to treat it as such