First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Looks like it's all cleaned up and ceramic coated and I'm getting ready to set up the wire. With the 7 year warranty I've got no issues going forward.

Hopefully I'll have some pics in the not too distant future!
Great, hopefully most Nissan dealers will give this kind of customer attention and make it right. Glad yours did.

OP
OP

TheRoyalStig

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
??
To avoid making a whole new thread for a simple question...

Anyone have an idea what this thing is for?

20231207_124306.jpg

AlanZ

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Performance 6MT Black Diamond/Graphite
Occupation
Civil Servant
And she arrived this morning.

Boy is that blue nice in person. The interior too is so bright!
20231202_141818.jpg

20231202_102301.jpg
Well she looks beautiful! How happy are you with her and the job Nissan did with the paint? Any plans for modifications?

OP
OP

TheRoyalStig

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
??
Well she looks beautiful! How happy are you with her and the job Nissan did with the paint? Any plans for modifications?
Absolutely happy so far!

As far as mods just mild stuff.

Exhaust + LDP
Intakes
Tune

Too much power to leave on the table there.

And then trying to decide what to do for rigidity. Probably have to drive a bit more to know for sure.

Either Z1 sway bars on the softer setting or maybe just the 2 pieces of underbody bracing they have.

Anyone know how much of an effect those would have without the sways?

This is gonna be my daily so I don't want to make it too uncomfortable and it feels pretty nice now if not a touch soft. So I was thinking maybe that bracing would nudge it in the right direction without quite as big of an impact as full sway bars.

OP
OP

TheRoyalStig

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
??
Also for some visual OEM stuff I ordered the interior lighting kit and the Z center caps to replace the Nissan ones.

And I'll probably try to put some smoke over the front and rear emblems. I'm normally a de-badging kinda guy. But these ones seem to not make full removal very simple.

AlanZ

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Performance 6MT Black Diamond/Graphite
Occupation
Civil Servant
Also for some visual OEM stuff I ordered the interior lighting kit and the Z center caps to replace the Nissan ones.

And I'll probably try to put some smoke over the front and rear emblems. I'm normally a de-badging kinda guy. But these ones seem to not make full removal very simple.
Oooo send pics when you put the center caps on and the interior lighting kit! Do you have a beater for the winter?

OP
OP

TheRoyalStig

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
??
Oooo send pics when you put the center caps on and the interior lighting kit! Do you have a beater for the winter?
Will do!

And nah, I live very close to my work and if weather is bad work would be closed or I can wfh if needed.

The GF also has a little Elantra if we need back seats or anything like that.

FL 4Motion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 RZ34 Nismo, 2019 JLUR, 2023 Audi Q3
Absolutely happy so far!

As far as mods just mild stuff.

Exhaust + LDP
Intakes
Tune

Too much power to leave on the table there.

And then trying to decide what to do for rigidity. Probably have to drive a bit more to know for sure.

Either Z1 sway bars on the softer setting or maybe just the 2 pieces of underbody bracing they have.

Anyone know how much of an effect those would have without the sways?

This is gonna be my daily so I don't want to make it too uncomfortable and it feels pretty nice now if not a touch soft. So I was thinking maybe that bracing would nudge it in the right direction without quite as big of an impact as full sway bars.
Personally, I’d do upgraded sway bars before chassis bracing. Dial out excessive understeer, and tighten up the handling. Next, I’d do swift springs and perhaps an upgraded set of shocks like koni yellows or whatever the kids recommend for this new-ish Z.
Chassis bracing is something that normally comes after all the other suspension mods imo. Set up the driving dynamics of the car first, then tighten it up if that’s even necessary, if you’re not gonna track it, I’d wager the bracing is unnecessary.
Love the blue btw.

OP
OP

TheRoyalStig

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
??
Personally, I’d do upgraded sway bars before chassis bracing. Dial out excessive understeer, and tighten up the handling. Next, I’d do swift springs and perhaps an upgraded set of shocks like koni yellows or whatever the kids recommend for this new-ish Z.
Chassis bracing is something that normally comes after all the other suspension mods imo. Set up the driving dynamics of the car first, then tighten it up if that’s even necessary, if you’re not gonna track it, I’d wager the bracing is unnecessary.
Love the blue btw.
I appreciate all that!

In that case yea I'll just keep my eyes on the sways. I don't want to do anything crazy suspension wise. Just tighten it up a smidgen.

Last edited: