goeagles11

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Z
It looks amazing in Red and Black. I wish they did a little more in the interior though...either some carbon fiber or a little additional red accents.

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Z NISMO & #1 GTR NISMO
It looks amazing in Red and Black. I wish they did a little more in the interior though...either some carbon fiber or a little additional red accents.

I agree. at the very least it needs red stitch on the doors and above glove compartment

and carbon around the auto shift and maybe around the steering wheel where its piano black

Last edited:

Andaesthetics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Nissan 370Z Sport Touring
May or may not be biased since they're my favorite colors, but red and black definitely look the best. Not liking the Nismo badge on the front of the car though. Definitely need to get rid of that or paint it black to hide it. Asymmetrical elements like that hurt my eyes.

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
yeah the badges do look a little ebay add on ( expecially the rear placement) I would have done the NISMO badge as engraved style into the cross grill bar in the same style its engraved into the edge of the rim

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
walk around with Nissan rep

he says the exhaust is nismo specific . I really need to see the full piece side by side as every thing ive seen looks the same. sounds the same to me too. maybe the resonator is a little different?

Last edited:

NissanFreak2021

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Infiniti G37
Occupation
Accountant
Would have been nice if they offered a option to have the lip and trim in carbon fiber, but guess that's what a wrap is for. Already looking into getting it done when I get mine.

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
walk around with Nissan rep

he says the exhaust is nismo specific . I really need to see the full piece side by side as every thing ive seen looks the same. sounds the same to me too. maybe the resonator is a little different?

Here is the nismo exhaust vs my performance

They both even have the B7 sticker on the resonator

starts at 10:10

Nismo screen grab from youtube

Screenshot_20230815-202552.png

My exhaust....same

PXL_20230816_002743047.NIGHT.jpg

PXL_20230816_003024215.NIGHT.jpg

Last edited:

theboosh

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
XV
Can confirm from hearing the Nismo car revved in person, it sounds the same (i.e., pretty quiet still). Nismo track exhaust on the other hand is a massive improvement.

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
thats why I thought it was weird the lead US product development guy in that video said it was nismo specific tuned and louder. looks identical to the performance. also nissan japan had a full equipment list posted for the NISMO with no mention of a NISMO tuned exhaust.

also in that walk around him describing the reinforcements and downforce it sounded like a bare minimum. im starting to understand why the press release really liked to use the word "Amplified"

I am curious what the boost pressure adjustment is. correct me if im wrong but the VR30 makes like 15PSI for its 400hp?

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
just looked it up stock boost is 14.7 so are we talking 1-2PSI extra or something? also turbo compressor speed is up by 5K RPM

280driver

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1975 280Z 5-speed, 2020 Toyota Sequoia TRD Pro
Can confirm from hearing the Nismo car revved in person, it sounds the same (i.e., pretty quiet still). Nismo track exhaust on the other hand is a massive improvement.
Really lame that the NISMO Z doesn’t even come with a NISMO exhaust. Jeez…..

Andaesthetics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Nissan 370Z Sport Touring
thats why I thought it was weird the lead US product development guy in that video said it was nismo specific tuned and louder. looks identical to the performance. also nissan japan had a full equipment list posted for the NISMO with no mention of a NISMO tuned exhaust.

also in that walk around him describing the reinforcements and downforce it sounded like a bare minimum. im starting to understand why the press release really liked to use the word "Amplified"

I am curious what the boost pressure adjustment is. correct me if im wrong but the VR30 makes like 15PSI for its 400hp?
They did the bare minimum.

Long story short; it's basically a body kit with a small tune for $10k+ more.

You would be far better off getting a Performance or even base Sport trim and putting $10k worth of mods.

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Just to clarify I think the car as a whole has some good comprehensive improvements like needed cooling bigger brakes better tires and awesome recaros ect. But the Nissan rep explaining the downforce and rigidity just feels like those 2 aspects might not really be tangible differences. I would like to have seen a wing and maybe some adhesive bonding or a return of something similar to the Yamaha dampers of the Z33

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z / Civic hatch sport
They did the bare minimum.

Long story short; it's basically a body kit with a small tune for $10k+ more.

You would be far better off getting a Performance or even base Sport trim and putting $10k worth of mods.
Sounds about right and the Nismo name attached to it. Im more interested in the tune, hopefully it is available for performance spec

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Apparently because of the individual ignition timing the NISMO has its own engine ECU

That makes me think the tune is literally the sports resetting package ECU applied to the OEM car