DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
Loved this crack in Motortrend's piece about tonight's reveal:

A thick 400 hp and 350 lb-ft of torque vapes the rear tires through the lone choice of a nine-speed automatic transmission. Just kidding! What is this, a Toyota GR Supra?

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Was hoping for adaptive forward lighting - turns with the wheel.
I'm glad they don't have it. It can cause serious problems when the car is older. I had it on my GTI, and there were reports of them glitching even before they warranty was up.
The AFS was removed from the options list of my G37C right along with that trouble-prone locking steering column.
Nice, wide, bright lights negate the need for adaptive lighting, IMO.

Treefitty

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
335i
Can’t help but day I’m a little disappointed in this car. The price was higher than expected for having basically the same brakes and chassis as the 370z. The brakes have been a known issue on the 370z for a long time. Was hoping the performance trim came with 6/4 Brembos. Also hoping it comes in at <3400 lbs but doubt it with the added turbo plumbing and cooling weight to the 370z chassis. Guess I’ll need to wait for the nismo. Except based on the base price it will prob start in the low 50s. That’s in lightly used M2 comp, gt350, or even C7 GS territory if prices come down slightly which they probably will be by the time the nismo trim debuts in 2023/24. The nismo will need to really bring the performance value to consider it over those cars. This car will really depend on how it’s set up. If the reviews come back that the steering, cooling, and brakes are all top rate then I’ll buy it. But if the brakes still overheat, the car feels heavy, and has no steering feel I’ll have to look elsewhere.

relyt

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Jeep Rubicon
Occupation
CNC Machinist

2JZ-No-Sh*t

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
Pretty sure those don't list curb weight, they list GVRW, which is the max weight of the vehicle with the max weight allowed for passengers and payload.
That, or the one under the door. One of them should have stuff VIN, date, weight etc.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Well at least you guys know your options, in Aus we will most likely only get 1 option …perhaps a lottery for a very small number of limited editions…but doubt it.
So question is, which model.
I hope it’s the performance and I hope it’s with the black roof like we were kinda promised with the proto…if it’s just the sports model, BRZ for 20k less may sway me
I’m sick of only getting base model option or Nismo, no option of good brakes, interior colour etc…Aussies are spending big on cars ATM we deserve the best!

Last edited:

Yasha

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Pending 2023 Z
Occupation
Software Engineer
I'm wondering what these will cost in Canada. Probably starting around $44k CAD...dealer said he wasn't going to mark it up but you never know lol

BlkAsn

First Name
Clifford
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
370Z Sport Tech
Occupation
Sr. Programmer Analyst
The spec says this car will be 15% faster than the current Z at 5.1 down to 4.3…
Well the 2017 Q60S Red Sport 400 Coupe from Car and Driver timed 0 to 60 in 4.5 seconds with a 7 speed automatic with AWD and RWD. Since the new Z is about 200 lbs lighter it should be sub 4 in my opinion with a launch control automatic. The Nismo will be dope around 3.4???

NissanFreak2021

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Infiniti G37
Occupation
Accountant
The spec says this car will be 15% faster than the current Z at 5.1 down to 4.3…
Well the 2017 Q60S Red Sport 400 Coupe from Car and Driver timed 0 to 60 in 4.5 seconds with a 7 speed automatic with AWD and RWD. Since the new Z is about 200 lbs lighter it should be sub 4 in my opinion with a launch control automatic. The Nismo will be dope around 3.4???
Yes I'm pretty sure they are being conservative when the 0-60 times. With the better transmission and lower weight I expect it to be below 4.0, probably same as Supra. The Nismo is the one I will get and that one should be insane. Can't wait.