ZZ2022

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2008 R35 GTR
You can't win for losing.

Car is too quiet. Car is too loud. Car makes wrong noises. Car should make different noises. Car has fake noises.

This car is better. That car is better.

Huh, who should the manufacturer please? I am still waiting for the towing package to be confirmed for the Z. The Dodge Challenger can tow....why should I pay $55K for a car that can't tow? pfftt....

Why doesnt a 3.0L V6 sound like a 5.0L V8? ?

Last edited:

Drseckzytime

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stuff
Everything I've heard thus far is disappointing, I hope I didn't hear the "sports" exhaust from the performance package yet, especially since you're paying more for said exhaust in the performance package. We heard it in the unveil, but that's a carefully constructed and leveled trailer.

Heard Infiniti red though, so I know what aftermarket will do for it. Would have the money set aside for an ETS or AWE would be prime choices for me, or hell some Borla/Magnaflow sound good anymore. Something with just enough muffler to pass visual inspection.

Same with a downpipe. Super nice high flow cat, or a cheater to once again pass visual inspection.

Yes, I just have visual inspections here, kinda lucky with that.

Drseckzytime

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stuff
Oof. And that's the performance trim judging by the spoiler and wheels, so that means it's the sport exhaust, and I doubt the North American model will have a different one. I hope I'm wrong though, because this sounds like a leaf blower.

I would do an exhaust as soon as a good one comes out regardless, but if I'm paying more for this trim I better get something to hold me over...

Andaesthetics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Nissan 370Z Sport Touring
Oof. And that's the performance trim judging by the spoiler and wheels, so that means it's the sport exhaust, and I doubt the North American model will have a different one. I hope I'm wrong though, because this sounds like a leaf blower.

I would do an exhaust as soon as a good one comes out regardless, but if I'm paying more for this trim I better get something to hold me over...
You will be happy to hear you are wrong. The NA Performance models have a different exhaust, which has been confirmed via pictures.

The Japanese Z has an axle back exhaust similar to the NA Base model. First pic is recently taken from one of the Fairlady Z cars that was just revealed at the Japan Auto Salon that just took place. Second pic is of a Base trim NA Z:

1642824500601.png

1642824314595.png

This is the Performance exhaust of a NA spec Performance trim car:

1642824244322.png

2017370ZBlack

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370Z 6MT & 2015 Xterra Pro-4X
That's just the reality of how they make their sports cars. Most sports cars nowadays are pretty tame from factory due to emission laws, homologation laws, and production costs. I mean of course an NA 5.0L V8 is going to be louder than a twin turbo 3.0L V6. You can't really compare the two. At the end of the day though I think the new Z will be faster than the V8 Mustang. ?
Easily. Heck, my 370, which is at around 362hp with some mods and a tune, pulls from a 5.0 GT. Also, watch Raiti's Rides latest Z video at 10:24

BurninateZ

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'92 MR2 Turbo, '19 508 GT, '23 Supra GT Manual
Just get an aftermarket exhaust and down pipes. Your problem will be solved and you'll be faster than the mustang.
Are there any good options around? I'd hate to ditch the stock exhaust and have something that drones instead.

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
any details on why the auto "sounds better" than the manual z?

heard it mentioned in a couple videos, but no clear cut reason why...

MHockey17

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'18 Nissan 370Z NISMO, '01 Mitsu Eclipse GT
any details on why the auto "sounds better" than the manual z?

heard it mentioned in a couple videos, but no clear cut reason why...
My understanding was it’s because the auto comes with an active exhaust, that opens up in “Sport” mode, but apparently the manual does not have this feature for some reason.

TaroBaapG35

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional
My understanding was it’s because the auto comes with an active exhaust, that opens up in “Sport” mode, but apparently the manual does not have this feature for some reason.
+ Auto doesn't get the normal suitcase style rear muffler that the manual does. There are a few pics floating around showing auto vs manual exhaust layouts.