First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Cayman S
Occupation
IT
Wondering if any of you have heard the 2023 Z exhaust in person.

The videos if seen are very underwhelming, I hope it's not as boring as it sounds in the videos.

Our SUV sounds better than the videos I have seen.

Andaesthetics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Nissan 370Z Sport Touring
The stock exhaust is definitely going to be restrictive no doubt about it. The Performance trim gets a slightly better exhaust that'll sound decent, but either way if you want an aggressive and louder tone you'll want downpipes and an aftermarket catback.

This is the Performance trim exhaust:

OP
OP
bybepl

bybepl

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Cayman S
Occupation
IT
The stock exhaust is definitely going to be restrictive no doubt about it. The Performance trim gets a slightly better exhaust that'll sound decent, but either way if you want an aggressive and louder tone you'll want downpipes and an aftermarket catback.

This is the Performance trim exhaust:

Have you by chance heard it in person?

Video sounds like my Hyundai Santa Fe SUV

Andaesthetics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Have you by chance heard it in person?

Video sounds like my Hyundai Santa Fe SUV
No but I know in person won't make much of a difference. It's just the exhaust system is so restrictive. This actually sounds good compared to the old 370Z's stock exhaust which literally sounds like a sedan until you almost red line it.

Andaesthetics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
So, sad. Spend 55k on a sports car and immediately have to do upgrades, mustang gt for example roars from factory
That's just the reality of how they make their sports cars. Most sports cars nowadays are pretty tame from factory due to emission laws, homologation laws, and production costs. I mean of course an NA 5.0L V8 is going to be louder than a twin turbo 3.0L V6. You can't really compare the two. At the end of the day though I think the new Z will be faster than the V8 Mustang. ?

TheGuverment

For profit. Strictly business.
First Name
Strickland
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Subaru WRX hatchback
So, sad. Spend 55k on a sports car and immediately have to do upgrades, mustang gt for example roars from factory
Well of course, most people who buy sports cars do mods and upgrades immediately after buying them.

OP
OP
bybepl

bybepl

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Cayman S
Occupation
IT
That's just the reality of how they make their sports cars. Most sports cars nowadays are pretty tame from factory due to emission laws, homologation laws, and production costs. I mean of course an NA 5.0L V8 is going to be louder than a twin turbo 3.0L V6. You can't really compare the two. At the end of the day though I think the new Z will be faster than the V8 Mustang. ?

OP
OP
bybepl

bybepl

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Cayman S
Occupation
IT
I actually am comparing the 2, as both can be had for same money. :)

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
You can't win for losing.

Car is too quiet. Car is too loud. Car makes wrong noises. Car should make different noises. Car has fake noises.

This car is better. That car is better.

Huh, who should the manufacturer please? I am still waiting for the towing package to be confirmed for the Z. The Dodge Challenger can tow....why should I pay $55K for a car that can't tow? pfftt....