therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
I had to run errands in Athens today, so I stopped by this dealer. The salesman I normally work with was there and told me; no, they haven't received any Z's yet. In addition, he has received no information from the Nissan allocator as to when they might be getting any. Supposedly I'm still #2 on the list.

I have previously purchased from him and he knows I'm serious about buying the Z, so I don't know why he would feed me incorrect information. I do know there are no Z's in the showroom or anywhere on the lot I could see.

I asked about ADM, but according to him, that decision wouldn't be made until cars actually arrive.
That's nuts. Sorry to cause unnecessary stress on your end about what I was told from them.

Interesting tactic re: ADM upon arrival, too. Wonder if their thought process is - benchmark against how other Z's are selling across the country, at what price, how other models at dealership are selling, interest rates, etc.?

fliplover

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Impala LTZ; '21 Nissan Rogue
Occupation
Engineer
That's nuts. Sorry to cause unnecessary stress on your end about what I was told from them.

Interesting tactic re: ADM upon arrival, too. Wonder if their thought process is - benchmark against how other Z's are selling across the country, at what price, how other models at dealership are selling, interest rates, etc.?
No worries about the stress. I actually just had shoulder surgery a few weeks ago on my shiftin' arm, so I can't buy anything now even if they did have cars. I have seen a pre-production Proto, but I really want to see a production car.

It is curious how two employees have different information, though.

If I had to guess on the ADM, the decision has already been made by management, just not communicated to the sales staff until they actually have cars to sell.

Last edited:

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Dealers can do whatever they want with any Z on ADMs right now, they hold all the cards. But I wonder which trims are more or less in demand what people are asking for - Performance auto, Performance manual, Sport auto, Sport manual, color? Wonder if a spreadsheet is useful to track these, with current known ADMs.

Diamondd817

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SIlverado
Dealers can do whatever they want with any Z on ADMs right now, they hold all the cards. But I wonder which trims are more or less in demand what people are asking for - Performance auto, Performance manual, Sport auto, Sport manual, color? Wonder if a spreadsheet is useful to track these, with current known ADMs.
I really want a new Z but I will never pay ADM on one, or any car for that matter. The dealerships could just fuck right off.

But Does It Djent?

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1998 BMW Z3
Annapolis Nissan just got a red sport Z.

FlVEFzFXwAQoI18?format=jpg&name=medium.jpg

FlVEFzFXgAUbuen?format=jpg&name=medium.jpg

FlVEFzRXoAA7A7-?format=jpg&name=medium.jpg

FlVEFzHWIAAmmvo?format=jpg&name=medium.jpg
Damn it’s gorgeous. I can’t wait to see one of these in person. Still haven’t had the chance

indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'72 Rover S3, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Has anyone found a Z at a Chicagoland dealership? I still haven't seen this vehicle in person! You'd think a large metro area like Chicago would have one by now.

Dan Cohen

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SUBARU
Occupation
sales
time to raise a ruckus and threaten to give them a bad review and never do business with them again unless you get it under msrp...
yea that will do it...wake up ...dumb post.....