MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Z NISMO & #1 GTR NISMO
I also think the insult to injury would be after all the delays if the 24 got some sort of meaningful upgrade. where lets say you finally receive your march of 22 build a year later and a couple months later the 24 is announced. The fiasco with the 2nd year supra getting the substantial power bump is probably the best example of this. not saying we will see something like that but even a better tire or tweaked suspension or just fixing all the first year bugs ect would be a bit of a gut bunch after waiting on your 23 for so long.

my long term plan for the Z was initially to try to get one of the early cars in 2022 then keep it and enjoy it until the NISMO came out whether that be 1-2 years whatever. now with a possible NISMO announcement likely this year. what happens If I do get lucky come across a Z in the spring. we are so late into the 2023 model cycle I can certainly see where these questions about making the right 50K+ decision come into play for some of us

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
I also think the insult to injury would be after all the delays if the 24 got some sort of meaningful upgrade. where lets say you finally receive your march of 22 build a year later and a couple months later the 24 is announced. The fiasco with the 2nd year supra getting the substantial power bump is probably the best example of this. not saying we will see something like that but even a better tire or tweaked suspension or just fixing all the first year bugs ect would be a bit of a gut bunch after waiting on your 23 for so long.

my long term plan for the Z was initially to try to get one of the early cars in 2022 then keep it and enjoy it until the NISMO came out whether that be 1-2 years whatever. now with a possible NISMO announcement likely this year. what happens If I do get lucky come across a Z in the spring. we are so late into the 2023 model cycle I can certainly see where these questions about making the right 50K+ decision come into play for some of us
My son thinks the Z looks great, except for the front bumper cover design. I kinda agree, it's "meh" and I can tolerate it for the twin turbo experience, but I'd be bummed if a mid cycle refresh brought out a much better looking front bumper cover.

I mean, the product cycle clock for the Z actually started for a 22 MY vehicle.... remember initially these were supposed to be released as 22's, until that release video mentioned them as 23's. So, in corporate Nissan, the 24 MY will be the vehicle's 3rd market year. Totally plausible that there will be some meaningful change to the 24.

Remember the "fangs" bumper cover of the 370? Man I hated that design, the next design was much better.

Oh, and 23 MY Z's are going to be forever rare. We're closing in on 24 MY vehicles being released in 6 months, and there's not even several hundred '23 Z's delivered yet.

Thisguy298

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 GTI
im having the opposite problem of getting these outrageous quotes. Instead of looking all over Ive got 2 dealerships that will both do MSRP due to an existing relationship but neither have an allocation or any hint of one incoming. one is a smaller independently owned dealer so im not as surprised on that one as much but the other is part of a large chain in my area no movement toward allocations and even if they get one they would have to fill out and submit a request form to try to get my trim/color

the reason I havent been blind calling around is back in mid december I had a guy contact me who had a list of where all 271 in transit Zs were headed through the month of January. so I knew where they all would be but out of the list only 27 matched what i was looking for a performance 9AT black with either black or red accent interior. none were in state and only 1 in a direct surrounding state which was marked way up. i have no option but to wait on my dealer contacts to get an allocation and then hope they can successfully request the correct car from whats incoming in the region
no idea what world you live in, but it clearly ain't the same one as me lol

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z Performance 6MT Blue/Graphite

How about a set of Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S?

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
How about a set of Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S?
Can never go wrong with those or I'm possibly Interested in the potenza re71rs that savage geese used in their comparison video. The NISMO looks like it's gonna have Dunlops but not sure the spec yet

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
If anyone is interested in a blue on blue 9AT for MSRP (+699 protection package) I found one in NC during my extenstive tedious and at times heartbreaking search for my black 9AT