240SX

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S14
Sooner is better yes, but to be fair the 86/BRZ is banked rolled by the world's largest automaker with a huge amount of resources. Nissan on the other hand is still suffering from the Carlos Ghosn fall out and is bleeding cash left and right.
What's sad is the world's largest automaker had to go begging to Subaru and BMW. Say what you will about Nissan but at least they have the balls to build their own sport cars.

Philosophy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FRS
What's sad is the world's largest automaker had to go begging to Subaru and BMW. Say what you will about Nissan but at least they have the balls to build their own sport cars.
Collaboration can be cool and lead to some really innovative products that also remain affordable, but I agree with the sentiment that a purely developed sportscar somehow feels better. Sometimes you love the company and want them to do everything.

240SX

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S14
Collaboration can be cool and lead to some really innovative products that also remain affordable, but I agree with the sentiment that a purely developed sportscar somehow feels better. Sometimes you love the company and want them to do everything.
I agree that joint ventures can lead to some exciting products. However, what I see with the 86 and Supra is just sad. It's like Toyota is at mercy of Subaru and BMW. No turbos on the 86 because it might steal sales from the WRX and no manual on the Supra because BMW doesn't offer it on the 3.0 Z4. If these two were done in house they would still have to deal with the accounting department, but they would still have more freedom than what they currently have and wouldn't be dependent or handicap by another carmaker.

Philosophy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FRS
question.

are you actually the new corp. communications director for Nissan? I am sure at some point in all the posts/pages it may have been mentioned but I rather ask directly vs digging through all of it.

I'm genuinely curious just based on being staff and keeping possible fake/erroneous accounts off of the forum.

you can DM me if preferred.
I'm sure by now you're aware he's the real deal. It might be cool to give him a special badge like your Staff Member badge but something more fitting. That way other people who don't go through the post history will know immediately that he is who he says he is. It also appears that @ZCCA runs oversight and contracts for the Z Car Club Association. Great opportunity for the staff of this community to network with other enthusiast communities if you haven't already! I think the more connected we all are the better.

Philosophy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FRS
I agree that joint ventures can lead to some exciting products. However, what I see with the 86 and Supra is just sad. It's like Toyota is at mercy of Subaru and BMW. No turbos on the 86 because it might steal sales from the WRX and no manual on the Supra because BMW doesn't offer it on the 3.0 Z4. If these two were done in house they would still have to deal with the accounting department, but they would still have more freedom than what they currently have and wouldn't be depend or handicap by another carmaker.
You make an awesome point. I wonder what a world where the 86 and BRZ were competitively developed would look like. I wonder if the collaboration has any other effects like BMW incorporating the Kaizen philosophy or something. I think the collaboration would be a lot more fulfilling if it was done at the engineering level and not the parts level.

FPenvy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)
2009 370Z S/T/N 7AT - 2015 GT-R BE
I'm sure by now you're aware he's the real deal. It might be cool to give him a special badge like your Staff Member badge but something more fitting. That way other people who don't go through the post history will know immediately that he is who he says he is. It also appears that @ZCCA runs oversight and contracts for the Z Car Club Association. Great opportunity for the staff of this community to network with other enthusiast communities if you haven't already! I think the more connected we all are the better.
that's a great idea.

@Administrator i think we should take a look into this idea. i like the idea to give some validity to accounts like an actual Nissan employee or major Z organization.

also at this point i feel that i would had to have met @ZCCA at zdayz. i know mad mike is a part of their org and i've spent many hours talkin to that man on my porch at zdayz with a bottle being passed around. absolute legend.

SS727Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SS
Hello all, I’ve been creeping forever and thought I’d throw my 2¢ in... it seems like Dan finally felt the need to interject after the claims about the Tochigi plant and the timeline. I think that is the most likely false claim. So either things will progress much sooner (unlikely) or he wanted to quell the excitement a bit because we still have a long way to go.

2JZ-No-Sh*t

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
I agree with you. I was just explaining why Nissan might be a little late to game.

I agree that joint ventures can lead to some exciting products. However, what I see with the 86 and Supra is just sad. It's like Toyota is at mercy of Subaru and BMW. No turbos on the 86 because it might steal sales from the WRX and no manual on the Supra because BMW doesn't offer it on the 3.0 Z4. If these two were done in house they would still have to deal with the accounting department, but they would still have more freedom than what they currently have and wouldn't be dependent or handicap by another carmaker.
Personally I would have settled for a 4th gen MR2 based on a heavy revised W30 and a reskinned Lexus RCF vs what we got, but what is done is done.

not_howard

First Name
Not Howard...
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Only Hotwheels
Subaru and Toyota teaming up that didn't really rub me the wrong way. Now BMW and Toyota on the other hand... let's think back in history when was it ever a good idea when the Japanese and Germans team up?

TaroBaapG35

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional

Also, a manual option on the Supra gets in the way of M2 Sales. Since that is the only 3.0L Turbo-6 6MT option 2 door they offer.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
i still have the window sticker for my 2009. MSRP $46k and change non-nismo just every option/package minus luminate sills.

so in all honesty a new Z with the added power/interior upgrades for the $46k you mentioned yea sign me up lol

well.....barely used. i enjoy letting someone else take that hit driving it off the lot :p.

got my 2009 with 1200 miles on it. but that was also due to when i bought it Nissan was not shipping cars due to the tsunami and fukushima issues. (2009. sat on the lot for a year plus, vette guy bought it late 2010 or early 2011 cant remember exactly, he wasnt a fan, i bought it off him few months later)
Agree, but they will also need to be very careful, very thin line between making it affordable enough to reboot the company, and going too high and selling next to nine, which would be a disaster for Nissan

Last edited:

Philosophy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FRS
In my experience, when the info is false....the automakers don't bat an eye.

When something is true, that's when the interventions begin.
Can you give an example of a time an automaker has intervened to discredit information and that information later turned out to be true?

I just doesn't seem logical to me. What could they possibly stand to gain by discrediting true rumors?

I'm not being facetious here, I'm genuinely interested in your experience.

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
Can you give an example of a time an automaker has intervened to discredit information and that information later turned out to be true?

I just doesn't seem logical to me. What could they possibly stand to gain by discrediting true rumors?

If the information is true, the company is likely going to ignore it. Making claims of it being wrong when it's later proved to be right will only make them seem mendacious (not to mention stupid).

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20

Nope, can’t give an example.

And I’ve been thinking about it today and wondering....what’s the point of discrediting anything if you have nothing to add to the conversation.
It is very normal for forums to have tidbits of info come through, some will be true, some will be false....that’s how the forum works.
BUT no one has ever gone on line and disputed issues.

I have no doubt that Dan is legit, but I question the reasoning to discount things that are false...especially when Nissan is trying to keep things top secret, wouldn’t it be better for them if there was fake trails to put people off their top secret mission.
I do however note he is careful with words...don’t believe on line rumours....what about my dealers info then? Is that good?