gymratter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F-150
That's probably correct - if anyone had asked the Nissan official. What actually happened was the Director of Communications for Nissan North America came on to the forum, unprompted, to clear the air on some misinformation being spread here and picked up my numerous media outlets. The same information that a lot of us were forming our expectations on and plans around.

Look, there's a lot of information that I wanted OP to be correct about, especially the price point. But it looks like it should all be taken as pure speculation whereas a lot of us were treating it like an insider leak and practically confirmed (especially the media outlets brave enough to report on it). Kind of easy for us to get that impression as OP represented these with some authority (see the thread title).

I don't see a logical reason that these rumors would be refuted if they were true, and lots of reasons to refute them when untrue. My wager is a blend of managing expectations and probably Dan's own connection with Z enthusiasts which probably makes it hard for him to stomach seeing us misinformed.

I think it should be explicitly clear to everybody here that nothing in this post should be used to set your expectations for the Z. If it was ever good information, it's not good anymore.

Basically we are back to square one, besides the leaked images. Let's all look forward to something in the coming months from Nissan.

This is coming from the guy who gave Dan such a hard time about his identity. I know it's a hard pill to swallow that some of us have been mislead, but that's how it really is.
yikes, write us a whole article why don't you lol. i was just pointing out the obvious that no official would in their right mind confirm rumors true or not before a press event.

same here, $35k would be a killer price. right, and he even said take everything with a gain of salt. but that wasn't the original title of the thread. it was changed by one of the mods.

are we though? even without "inside info" we know that its based on the Z34. its literally a reskin 370z with updated interior and a VR30 under the hood (not that I am complaining). the only real unknow is pricing, specs, and important dates.

riverrun

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CTR
I’m a very easy person to find and I look forward to sharing as much as I can soon. This group and the others are the spirit of Z - and we are honored to be a part of bringing back the legend.
@Dan_Passe thank you for joining the convo here at NZC (I'll coin that acronym thank you). This is becoming the main/most active site for the new Z, if it isn't already.

I'm sure I speak for most of us here that it's great being able to have direct communication with Nissan, and we won't blame you if you feel generous enough to drop us a few breadcrumbs beyond "next few months" :)

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
?
Occupation
Freeloader
Nissan's confirmed that (wouldn't be the name) by not having ever used the name. "400z" was produced by junk-source media outlet then perpetuated by folks not caring to pay attention to naming conventions.

There are many trying to artificially make names for themselves spreading "what they've heard" - no grain of salt required.
Since we're clearing the air the "400Z" name was started by Autoguide/the other new Z forum and not by anyone here.

2JZ-No-Sh*t

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet

johnny_10196

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ford
I’m a very easy person to find and I look forward to sharing as much as I can soon. This group and the others are the spirit of Z - and we are honored to be a part of bringing back the legend.
Sorry to change the topic, but could you tell us whatever happened to the IDx? Has it been scrapped?

OP
OP
Houston.RZ34

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
Actually they have been. This is why I jumped in.
What have they missed the mark on?

"Everything"

Like what?

"You'll see in the coming months"

Can you tell us what?

"We're excited you're excited, we'll see soon"

....did I get that right?