Hyundai I20
What have they missed the mark on?

"Everything"

Like what?

"You'll see in the coming months"

Can you tell us what?

"We're excited you're excited, we'll see soon"

....did I get that right?
Well, as Dan said he is easy to find...must admit i did some stalking, and indeed he is easy to find and seems to be legit.
So...given that’s the case
Please @Dan_Passe as the most loyalist of the loyal group can you at least give us a ball park.
I’ve heard info from dealers, from Houston ( which goes against my dealer) from all sorts of places ...we need something...anything
It’s very hard to stay positive and not have our heads turn at other pretty trinkets, when we have absolutely nothing to go on

Last edited:

Dan_Passe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z
Well, as Dan said he is easy to find...must admit i did some stalking, and indeed he is easy to find and seems to be legit.
So...given that’s the case
Please @Dan_Passe as the most loyalist of the loyal group can you at least give us a ball park.
I’ve heard info from dealers, from Houston ( which goes against my dealer) from all sorts of places ...we need something...anything
It’s very hard to stay positive and not have our heads turn at other pretty trinkets, when we have absolutely nothing to go on
Thank you for the question. There's nothing more than I'd like to do than to answer every single question - and in time that'll come. I can only ask patience from the group right now. Please do not buy into false information being posited as "real from a source." We are honestly working as hard as we can to get as much info out as possible. Sometimes it takes longer than we all want, but the great part is that it IS coming.

Again, thank you all.

240SX

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S14
Actually they have been. This is why I jumped in.
If the unconfirm specs are false I understand why you would want to voice your concerns. However, by weighting in you are also adding fuel to the fire. As someone that has dealt with PR before it might have been better to simply ignore it as what we have seen with the majority of automakers when rumors and speculation surface. Anyways, since Nissan has no plans for a new Silvia; I'm excited to learn more about this new Z.

ceric

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'16 Mazda6
My guess is that the prices mentioned by Houston might be too low.
Usually pricing is determined at the last stage of release, considering competitive offerings.
Probably Nissan does not want the expectation to be out of control and decided to chime in early.

With inflation and chip shortage going on around the world now, a 400hp Z at $35k USD seems unrealistic ...
Likely it will start at $39,995 (stick shift, base model) and add $5k on top for each level up.
My guess. I have no insider info. :)

gymratter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F-150
all this back and forth is getting old. i dont even care who is right or wrong anymore. just hurry the heck up Nissan. since the 86 was brought up the 2nd gen's development route (same chassis with a different skin and drivetrain) and time frame is roughly the same as the Z35, but the BRZ was shown half a yr ago and is scheduled to go on sale in just a few months in the fall. Nissan on the hand... crickets... o_O

FPenvy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)
2009 370Z S/T/N 7AT - 2015 GT-R BE
Thank you for the question. There's nothing more than I'd like to do than to answer every single question - and in time that'll come. I can only ask patience from the group right now. Please do not buy into false information being posited as "real from a source." We are honestly working as hard as we can to get as much info out as possible. Sometimes it takes longer than we all want, but the great part is that it IS coming.

Again, thank you all.

question.

are you actually the new corp. communications director for Nissan? I am sure at some point in all the posts/pages it may have been mentioned but I rather ask directly vs digging through all of it.

I'm genuinely curious just based on being staff and keeping possible fake/erroneous accounts off of the forum.

you can DM me if preferred.

johnny_10196

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ford
A $41k Q60 has the base 300hp engine.
RedSport (400hp) starts at $58k. Another $2k for AWD.
Right, but a $10k price increase is pretty steep imo. What I love about the Z and Nissan sport cars in general is the fact that they are priced well compared to the competition and available to the mass at a relatively affordable price. A hypothetical $40k starting price with $5k+ of options might turn a number of people away towards the Mustang GT or the 3.0 Supra.

Dan_Passe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z
question.

are you actually the new corp. communications director for Nissan? I am sure at some point in all the posts/pages it may have been mentioned but I rather ask directly vs digging through all of it.

I'm genuinely curious just based on being staff and keeping possible fake/erroneous accounts off of the forum.

you can DM me if preferred.
Just tried to DM you and the system did not allow - can you DM me and I'll respond?

2JZ-No-Sh*t

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
all this back and forth is getting old. i dont even care who is right or wrong anymore. just hurry the heck up Nissan. since the 86 was brought up the 2nd gen's development route (same chassis with a different skin and drivetrain) and time frame is roughly the same as the Z35, but the BRZ was shown half a yr ago and is scheduled to go on sale in just a few months in the fall. Nissan on the hand... crickets... o_O
Sooner is better yes, but to be fair the 86/BRZ is banked rolled by the world's largest automaker with a huge amount of resources. Nissan on the other hand is still suffering from the Carlos Ghosn fall out and is bleeding cash left and right.

not_howard

First Name
Not Howard...
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Only Hotwheels
My guess is that the prices mentioned by Houston might be too low.
Usually pricing is determined at the last stage of release, considering competitive offerings.
Probably Nissan does not want the expectation to be out of control and decided to chime in early.

With inflation and chip shortage going on around the world now, a 400hp Z at $35k USD seems unrealistic ...
Likely it will start at $39,995 (stick shift, base model) and add $5k on top for each level up.
My guess. I have no insider info. :)
I wanted to say something like this but I just wanted it not to be true haha. Considering their biggest competitor the Supra 3.0 starts at 51k and the 2.0 start at 43k, so I'm thinking you are right. 35k price tag rumor was probably scaring Nissan sadly. They can't meet those expectations, they need cash. This will start at 40 and go up but we'll just have to wait and see. 40k isn't bad considering the performance were hoping to expect. It is bad for my wallet though lol. Still a deal, just a not steal.

Captain_Kirk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
?
Such a shame about the IDx. I like the looks of it much better than the 86 or BRZ. Oh well, another cool concept from Nissan that will never see the light of day. :(
A moment of silence for all that never had a chance because of bean counters.

Mid 4

Urge

Foria

Esflow

IDx

2020 Vision Gran Turismo

FPenvy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)
2009 370Z S/T/N 7AT - 2015 GT-R BE
Right, but a $10k price increase is pretty steep imo. What I love about the Z and Nissan sport cars in general is the fact that they are priced well compared to the competition and available to the mass at a relatively affordable price. A hypothetical $40k starting price with $5k+ of options might turn a number of people away towards the Mustang GT or the 3.0 Supra.
i still have the window sticker for my 2009. MSRP $46k and change non-nismo just every option/package minus luminate sills.

so in all honesty a new Z with the added power/interior upgrades for the $46k you mentioned yea sign me up lol

well.....barely used. i enjoy letting someone else take that hit driving it off the lot :p.

got my 2009 with 1200 miles on it. but that was also due to when i bought it Nissan was not shipping cars due to the tsunami and fukushima issues. (2009. sat on the lot for a year plus, vette guy bought it late 2010 or early 2011 cant remember exactly, he wasnt a fan, i bought it off him few months later)