First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Impala LTZ; '21 Nissan Rogue
Occupation
Engineer
The person driving that yellow Supra was a horrible person. Trying so hard to be super ghetto, had kids, killed someone, seriously screwed up 2 innocent people and left her kids in an even worse situation. Why do people insist on ruining others lives?
She had three reckless driving convictions and was getting ready to go to trial for DUI (and a weapons charge). I didn't see anything about her license being revoked, which it definitely should have been long before this.

Last edited:

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
She had three reckless driving convistions and was getting ready to go to trial for DUI (and a weapons charge). I didn't see anything about her license being revoked, which it definitely should have been long before this.
I have a feeling that revoking her license would've just caused her to make TikTok video about driving without a license "ooooh damn son, look at me driving without a license because I'm so booty-licious!"

ZZ2022

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2008 R35 GTR
The person driving that yellow Supra was a horrible person. Trying so hard to be super ghetto, had kids, killed someone, seriously screwed up 2 innocent people and left her kids in an even worse situation. Why do people insist on ruining others lives?
yeah her kids are probably better off without her, cos she wouldn't have been much of a mother. Just one of those types that live for social media clout, while being a failure in real life

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
yeah her kids are probably better off without her, cos she wouldn't have been much of a mother. Just one of those types that live for social media clout, while being a failure in real life
At first I felt that way too, but she probably surrounded herself with likely equally terrible people as herself. So, those kids are thrown into whatever circus she was living in.

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
https://www.motor1.com/news/568157/bmw-z4-production-end-rumor/

Will this also be the end of the Supra or will a Toyota make their own?
i hope toyota could learn a thing or two from nissan and build their own sports cars again.

this is coming from a toyota fanboy. ive owned 4 tacomas, 3 supras (hoping to pick up another soon) and a gt86. i have 4 toyotas now.

i wish i could read and understand japanese. was always curious as to how the zupr4 was received and thought of there...

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
i hope toyota could learn a thing or two from nissan and build their own sports cars again.

this is coming from a toyota fanboy. ive owned 4 tacomas, 3 supras (hoping to pick up another soon) and a gt86. i have 4 toyotas now.

i wish i could read and understand japanese. was always curious as to how the zupr4 was received and thought of there...
Video should start at 14:54. I don't agree with some of what he's saying but it's still pretty funny to me. Say the J29 is 50/50 liked/disliked here, I'd guess it's around the same in Japan. How beloved the A80 is in both countries probably plays a factor into it as well. I know the A80 was well received in Japan just not sure to what extent compared to here, or if it's still viewed the same today like it is here.

The whole video is worth watching and gives his perspective on the current state of car culture in Japan vs the US.

H2O_Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M240i, Supra MkV, 370Z 6MT
Occupation
Friggin’ Scientist

The B58 is doing well and should have support for some time to come, so that might factor in.

I love the B58 (have owned two) and would get another.

Vilithrax

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
C8
Honestly I don’t think Nissan and Toyota are in the same category of sports cars. Allow me to explain…

Toyota hasn’t made any sports car in over 20 years! Nissan has continued to produce the GTR with great respect during that whole period. I personally own a MKV Supra. I bought it BECAUSE it’s made by BMW. BMW makes great sports cars. Toyota doesn’t. If it was made by Toyota then me (along with countless others) wouldn’t have bought it.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Honestly I don’t think Nissan and Toyota are in the same category of sports cars. Allow me to explain…

Toyota hasn’t made any sports car in over 20 years! Nissan has continued to produce the GTR with great respect during that whole period. I personally own a MKV Supra. I bought it BECAUSE it’s made by BMW. BMW makes great sports cars. Toyota doesn’t. If it was made by Toyota then me (along with countless others) wouldn’t have bought it.
Interesting!

I definitely wouldn't mind owning a modern BMW. But I would want my B58 bookended by BMW badges. I appreciate German performance, in fact I have begun shopping Mk8 Golf R as they are showing up at dealerships, and I loved my Mk7 GTI.

But, I am a JDM purist. There is norhing wrong with a JDM vehicle that performs at 9/10 of a German competitor, but have traditionally established much lower cost of ownership, and quirky JDM attributes some of us come to love and appreciate. If I buy a Japanese branded vehicle, I want it to be a Japanese vehicle. Heck, I'll even prefer (but not exclude otherwise) it be made in Japan. Just like I'd prefer my German car be made in Germany (Mk7 GTI made in Mexico, turned out Mk7 Golf R, made in Germany seemed to be more reliable, despite modern manufacturing techniques).

I'd prefer a new M240i over a Supra. I can't get over the damned badge engineering. Nothing wrong with the car, obviously, but I wish it were a Scion instead, where co-branding could have been more acceptable.

I really think Toyota should have pulled their head out of their asses and offered their new TTV6 from the LS, Tundra and Sequoia in a re-designed RC platform and called it a Supra. Again, it'd be 9/10 of the BMW offerings, just like the new Z will, but it'd make a lot of people happy to have a true JDM car. And that new TTV6 is extremely competitive.

Of course, some say Toyota didn't want a "V6" in their iconic I6 nameplate. BS. Nissan switched to V6 decades ago. Big deal. I'd rather lose the V6 than lose the entire car to a BMW partnership just "to keep the I6".

That's just my personal opinion. When I want German, I'll go to VW, Audi, BMW, Porsche or Mercedes. All have compelling offerings.
When I want Japanese, I expect my Japanese brands to actually be Japanese.

Max performance doesn't matter to me. Getting a new Z means a Supra or Golf R is likely going to out-perform it. But, in a world where Tesla and Rivians will obliterate all of them, does it really even matter anymore? They are all fast enough. Heck, I know my Q60 is completely non-competitive amongst these cars, but I can still go way too fast, way too easily and still hit corners much faster than is safe to do on the streets. Sure, not as fun as my GTI was, but still in the hunt, and I don't regret owning an "underperforming" Japanese car that has been completely reliable the last 4+ years I owned it. My GTI was constantly in the shop!

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

This all makes sense. Even when the Skyline GT-R/GT-R was absent, at least the Z was there for those that wanted a Nissan sports car while Toyota disappeared for pretty much 2 decades like you are saying. However a lot of people feel that Toyota did make great sports cars (for their day) at one point in time, so that's what they were hoping for with the MkV. The disappointment is understandable but at some point you just have to move on.

I say the same thing about the latest M3/M4... for every person that hates it and won't buy one because of the way it looks, other people are buying it because it's different and less BMW looking that what we're used to. Both brand have lost customers due to the changes that they've made but have clearly brought in new ones that previously had no interest in their cars.

Vilithrax

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
C8
This all makes sense. Even when the Skyline GT-R/GT-R was absent, at least the Z was there for those that wanted a Nissan sports car while Toyota disappeared for pretty much 2 decades like you are saying. However a lot of people feel that Toyota did make great sports cars (for their day) at one point in time, so that's what they were hoping for with the MkV. The disappointment is understandable but at some point you just have to move on.

I say the same thing about the latest M3/M4... for every person that hates it and won't buy one because of the way it looks, other people are buying it because it's different and less BMW looking that what we're used to. Both brand have lost customers due to the changes that they've made but have clearly brought in new ones that previously had no interest in their cars.
Yeah true that. I’m only 21 now so I never really seen Toyota produced sports car in my life ??‍♂ No loss there. I do still support the new Z but let’s be honest, it won’t be a Supra killer. They’ve already got the GTR for that! ?

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yeah true that. I’m only 21 now so I never really seen Toyota produced sports car in my life ??‍♂ No loss there. I do still support the new Z but let’s be honest, it won’t be a Supra killer. They’ve already got the GTR for that! ?
21 with a C8, ACR and Supra o_O

I might not have made it to 22.

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
Interesting!

I definitely wouldn't mind owning a modern BMW. But I would want my B58 bookended by BMW badges. I appreciate German performance, in fact I have begun shopping Mk8 Golf R as they are showing up at dealerships, and I loved my Mk7 GTI.

But, I am a JDM purist. There is norhing wrong with a JDM vehicle that performs at 9/10 of a German competitor, but have traditionally established much lower cost of ownership, and quirky JDM attributes some of us come to love and appreciate. If I buy a Japanese branded vehicle, I want it to be a Japanese vehicle. Heck, I'll even prefer (but not exclude otherwise) it be made in Japan. Just like I'd prefer my German car be made in Germany (Mk7 GTI made in Mexico, turned out Mk7 Golf R, made in Germany seemed to be more reliable, despite modern manufacturing techniques).

I'd prefer a new M240i over a Supra. I can't get over the damned badge engineering. Nothing wrong with the car, obviously, but I wish it were a Scion instead, where co-branding could have been more acceptable.

I really think Toyota should have pulled their head out of their asses and offered their new TTV6 from the LS, Tundra and Sequoia in a re-designed RC platform and called it a Supra. Again, it'd be 9/10 of the BMW offerings, just like the new Z will, but it'd make a lot of people happy to have a true JDM car. And that new TTV6 is extremely competitive.

Of course, some say Toyota didn't want a "V6" in their iconic I6 nameplate. BS. Nissan switched to V6 decades ago. Big deal. I'd rather lose the V6 than lose the entire car to a BMW partnership just "to keep the I6".

That's just my personal opinion. When I want German, I'll go to VW, Audi, BMW, Porsche or Mercedes. All have compelling offerings.
When I want Japanese, I expect my Japanese brands to actually be Japanese.

Max performance doesn't matter to me. Getting a new Z means a Supra or Golf R is likely going to out-perform it. But, in a world where Tesla and Rivians will obliterate all of them, does it really even matter anymore? They are all fast enough. Heck, I know my Q60 is completely non-competitive amongst these cars, but I can still go way too fast, way too easily and still hit corners much faster than is safe to do on the streets. Sure, not as fun as my GTI was, but still in the hunt, and I don't regret owning an "underperforming" Japanese car that has been completely reliable the last 4+ years I owned it. My GTI was constantly in the shop!
Curious your take on the new R, as reviews (especially "longer-term" ones, i.e. a week or more) have...not been terribly promising. However, I do love me a hot hatch, so as time goes on I wonder if people change tunes. The one dealer that I reached out to already sold the single R they got, don't know when they'll get more (not to mention it was automatic) and now, with that ship fiasco off Portugal, I wonder how even more goofed things are going to get for VW Auto Group.