2020 Mid-Engine Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Starts at $59,995

NiZmonium

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2010 G37 6MT
Not quite sure how I feel about that video.

On the one hand , it shows how tough and durable these cars are. And it shows that you don't need to be afraid to drive it. I've always disliked weekend warriors who turn their Vettes into garage queens and treat them like a Bugatti or some other fragile priceless item.

But

Was the purpose of this video strictly for views and clout, and to show how badass they are , and a $80k vehicle is nothing to them ?

I think it was pretty shitty for them to abuse such a beautiful machine. It kind of makes them look like your typical spoiled rich kids.

The question is - Did GM suggest that they make a video to demonstrate to the public that the C8 is a very strong and durable vehicle ? ........... hmm

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Z NISMO & #1 GTR NISMO
Man I would love to do a U-Drag run. that looks really cool and measures a few more performance aspects than just the 1/4 alone

Reactions: V35

siggy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A couple
Lil bro just ordered a new Z51 pretty optioned out. He’s like 7## on the list so they said about 6 months or so. Doing the museum delivery. We live in different cities so I’ll fly to meet him in bowling green. Then drive it 6-8 hours back to my house and I’ll have two Vettes in my garage :D

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
Finally test drove a C8 Stingray 2 days ago (with intent to buy)

'21, Coupe, 2LT w/ Z51 and front lift (no mag ride), Torch Red w/ super tasteful blacked out top wrap and Black interior.

It handles wonderfully, yes the car rotates around you - everything about that car is spot on.......except the motor

The way it looks on the outside and feels on the inside, it's straight up exotic......but a pushrod is the wrong motor for this car, straight up.

Supposed to be a new CPC DOHC V8 coming for the base car (LT3) - we'll see.

Hell at this point I might as well wait for the C8Z to become obtainable or a stick to hit the Z4.

Still watching the RZ34, I might even fall back into the BMW trap with a Supra (if I can find a stick to test drive in Texas!)

Last edited:

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
I hate everyone that has a C8 and a Z. I need to step my game up.