Sponsored

2020 Mid-Engine Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Starts at $59,995

jdm-rhd

Well-Known Member
First Name
rob
Joined
Jun 26, 2021
Threads
80
Messages
3,242
Reaction score
6,804
Location
orbiting caprica
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
^ im thinking those who purchased a vette at double the msrp care little about its fuel economy. ? just sayin...
 
Last edited:

Haste

Moderator
Moderator
First Name
Ryan
Joined
Sep 17, 2020
Threads
30
Messages
1,320
Reaction score
4,547
Location
GA
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N

BurninateZ

Well-Known Member
First Name
Jamie
Joined
Jan 28, 2022
Threads
0
Messages
168
Reaction score
232
Location
Australia
Car(s)
'92 MR2 Turbo, '19 508 GT, '23 Supra GT Manual

Kbl911

Well-Known Member
First Name
K
Joined
Mar 24, 2022
Threads
5
Messages
348
Reaction score
746
Location
FL
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z Proto Spec
Occupation
Wealth Management
Oh, I'm certain it's a monster.

But why does it need to look so tacky? This is particularly true with the additional aero kit, but I just can't get by the ungainly design of it all. And it's not as simple as my finding all or even most track-focused models unattractive, it's the C8, specifically (ACR, AMG GT-R, GT2RS, etc, are generally good-looking to my eye).
 

Evolution

Well-Known Member
First Name
Sean
Joined
Mar 3, 2022
Threads
0
Messages
307
Reaction score
591
Location
CA
Car(s)
Dont ask
Occupation
Thread derailer
The noises that thing makes is just awesome. Can't wait to get my hands on a crate engine!
 

jdm-rhd

Well-Known Member
First Name
rob
Joined
Jun 26, 2021
Threads
80
Messages
3,242
Reaction score
6,804
Location
orbiting caprica
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
not sure what it is about the front bumper and grill i don't like, but maybe it'll grow on me.

i guess the same thing was said about the z's front end at one point...
 

therumblewagon

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Jun 22, 2021
Threads
31
Messages
1,438
Reaction score
3,355
Location
California
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
not sure what it is about the front bumper and grill i don't like, but maybe it'll grow on me.

i guess the same thing was said about the z's front end at one point...
Have you seen it in person? I felt the same until I did, and then I got it. Car is sleek as heck.
 

siggy

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 24, 2021
Threads
1
Messages
262
Reaction score
481
Location
Kansas City
Car(s)
A couple
Have you seen it in person? I felt the same until I did, and then I got it. Car is sleek as heck.
I think the front looks great. It's dat a$$ I have an issue with. Odd proportions. And then some angles it looks really long. Well, it is so they could fit golf clubs back there, but looks strange. I don't particularly like the rear of my C7 either. C6 has the best rear end of all the generations IMO.
 

takemorepills

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 15, 2021
Threads
20
Messages
2,686
Reaction score
5,644
Location
Seattle area
Car(s)
Q60
I think the front looks great. It's dat a$$ I have an issue with. Odd proportions. And then some angles it looks really long. Well, it is so they could fit golf clubs back there, but looks strange. I don't particularly like the rear of my C7 either. C6 has the best rear end of all the generations IMO.
I think the C5 and C6 were the best designs. So clean, perfect proportions and restrained design.

I like the C7 too, but getting a bit busy in design, and I agree the C8 rear looks awkward, and the comment about golf clubs makes sense. I think the front 2/3 of the C8 looks good.
 
 






Top